SunPower Corporation (SPWR): Price and Financial Metrics
SPWR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$4.76||52-week high||$23.79|
|Prev. close||$4.99||52-week low||$3.68|
|Day high||$5.11||Avg. volume||5,141,973|
|50-day MA||$4.77||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$9.20||Market Cap||833.91M|
SPWR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SPWR POWR Grades
- SPWR scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 92.18% of US stocks.
- SPWR's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- SPWR's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 0.35% of US stocks).
SPWR Stock Summary
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -32.76%, SUNPOWER CORP's debt growth rate surpasses only 9.82% of about US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, SPWR has reported earnings growth of -165.88%, putting it ahead of just 8.25% of US stocks in our set.
- SUNPOWER CORP's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 24.51%, greater than the shareholder yield of 92.45% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SPWR, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are RMTI, ARTW, CDXC, AOUT, and EPC.
- Visit SPWR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to us.sunpower.com.
SPWR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, SPWR's EV/EBIT ratio is 45.06% lower, now standing at 11.4.
- SPWR's price/sales ratio has moved NA NA over the prior 220 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SPWR.
SPWR Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 7.17%.
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 62.5%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 106.1%.
The table below shows SPWR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SPWR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SPWR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 70.19% of graded US stocks.
- SPWR's asset turnover comes in at 0.79 -- ranking 79th of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- PLAB, DZSI, and TXN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SPWR.
The table below shows SPWR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SunPower Corporation (SPWR) Company Bio
SunPower Corporation designs, manufactures, and delivers solar systems to residential, commercial, and utility-scale power plant customers worldwide. The company was founded in 1985 and is based in San Jose, California.
SPWR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SPWR Latest Social Stream
View Full SPWR Social Stream
Latest SPWR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SUNPOWER CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SPWR as an investment opportunity.
Rate cuts in 2024 could give solar stocks a boost after a difficult year.
Solar energy stocks have been hurting in 2023 amid higher interest rates and alterations to adoption incentives in states like California. Coming off of 2023 headwinds, analysts are now expecting solar stocks to rebound on increased solar panel installations in 2024. Yahoo Finance’s Ines Ferré take a deep dive into the energy sector, breaking down solar energy forecasts from Citi and Morgan Stanley, and crude oil market outlooks going into an election year. For more expert insight and the latest market action, click here to watch this full episode of Yahoo Finance Live.
These doomed companies are all solar stocks to sell amidst weakening demand and high solar panel inventories.
The energy industry has been in a phase of transition over the past year as many high-flying pandemic stocks fall to earth and the market grapples with the future of electricity prices and electric vehicle sales. After a terrible 2023, renewable energy stocks SunPower (NASDAQ: SPWR) and NextEra Energy Partners (NYSE: NEP) are well positioned for a recovery in 2024, and even an oil company like ExxonMobil (NYSE: XOM) looks like a great buy. Higher interest rates hit the solar industry hard in 2023.
Shares of residential solar installer SunPower (NASDAQ: SPWR) jumped 10.6% on Monday as the renewable energy market rallied to start the week. Over the last few weeks, SunPower and a lot of its competitors and suppliers have started to bottom out in the market. Rising interest rates have been a headwind for the entire residential solar industry this year and that's caused companies like SunPower to lower 2023 guidance for both the rate of installations and the margin of each installation.
SPWR Price Returns