Steel Connect, Inc. (STCN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
STCN POWR Grades
- STCN scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 92.6% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for STCN is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 113 days.
- STCN ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 63rd percentile.
STCN Stock Summary
- Steel Connect Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 99.14% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.2, Steel Connect Inc has a higher such ratio than merely 2.14% of stocks in our set.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 17.89 for Steel Connect Inc; that's greater than it is for 97.43% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Steel Connect Inc are HMHC, BGI, SRLP, RAD, and GTT.
- STCN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Steel Connect Inc's official web site, go to www.moduslink.com.
STCN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, STCN's price/earnings ratio is 112.83% lower, now standing at -3.9.
- Over the past 243 months, STCN's price/earnings ratio has gone down $3.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for STCN.
STCN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
STCN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$2.07||52-week high||$2.90|
|Prev. close||$1.93||52-week low||$0.48|
|Day high||$2.09||Avg. volume||601,470|
|50-day MA||$1.99||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$1.37||Market Cap||130.61M|
Steel Connect, Inc. (STCN) Company Bio
Steel Connect, Inc. operates as a holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, provides global supply chain management services and solutions. Steel Connect also invests in a variety of technology ventures including Internet, software, IT, and clean energy companies. Steel Connect serves telecommunications, software, and retail industries worldwide.
STCN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Steel Connect Inc. To summarize, we found that Steel Connect Inc ranked in the 86th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 625.17%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for STCN, they are:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 0.77; that's higher than merely 24.02% of US stocks in the Industrials sector that have positive free cash flow.
- 22% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 3.52% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 78% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately 96.45% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
STCN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
STCN Latest Social Stream
View Full STCN Social Stream
Latest STCN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Steel Connect Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate STCN as an investment opportunity.
IWCO Direct, a leading provider of data-driven direct marketing solutions, today announced a new strategic plan that features the largest investment in the history of the 52-year-old company. The investment of approximately $50 million will accelerate IWCO Direct's evolution as a leading strategic solutions partner, well-positioned to meet the current and future needs of performance marketers.
Steel Connect, Inc. (the "Company") (NASDAQ: STCN) today announced financial results for its third quarter ended April 30, 2021.
Steel Connect, Inc. (the "Company") (NASDAQ: STCN) today announced financial results for its second quarter ended January 31, 2021.
Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Steel Connect, Inc. Retains Financial Advisor and Legal Counsel
Steel Connect, Inc. (the "Company") (NASDAQ: STCN) announced today that its Special Committee of independent directors (the "Special Committee") has retained Houlihan Lokey as its financial advisor and Dentons US LLP as its legal counsel to assist it in connection with its review and evaluation of the previously announced preliminary non-binding expression of interest (the "Expression of Interest") that the Company’s board of directors (the "Board") received on November 19, 2020 from Steel Partners Holdings L.P. ("Steel Holdings").
Steel Connect, Inc. (the "Company") (Nasdaq: STCN), today announced that its Board of Directors (the "Board") amended its tax benefits preservation plan, dated as of January 19, 2018 (the "Plan"), to extend the term of the Plan to January 8, 2024 (subject to earlier expiration, as described below).
STCN Price Returns