Sterling Construction Company Inc (STRL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
STRL POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where STRL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.01% of US stocks.
- STRL's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- STRL ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 35th percentile.
STRL Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for STRL is 4.3 -- better than 88.67% of US stocks.
- STRL's price/sales ratio is 0.59; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 16.8% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 46.8%, STERLING INFRASTRUCTURE INC's debt growth rate surpasses 79.41% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to STERLING INFRASTRUCTURE INC, a group of peers worth examining would be EVC, HURN, BHE, NESR, and VC.
- STRL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit STERLING INFRASTRUCTURE INC's official web site, go to www.strlco.com.
STRL Valuation Summary
- STRL's price/sales ratio is 0.6; this is 71.43% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- STRL's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 17.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for STRL.
STRL Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 0.9%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 67.23%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 61.36%.
The table below shows STRL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
STRL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- STRL has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.97% of graded US stocks.
- STRL's asset turnover comes in at 1.466 -- ranking 16th of 51 Construction stocks.
- NVR, TMHC, and MTH are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with STRL.
The table below shows STRL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
STRL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
STRL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$36.86||52-week high||$36.98|
|Prev. close||$36.32||52-week low||$20.46|
|Day high||$36.89||Avg. volume||318,091|
|50-day MA||$32.73||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$26.69||Market Cap||1.12B|
Sterling Construction Company Inc (STRL) Company Bio
Sterling Construction Company, Inc. operates as a heavy civil construction company in Texas, Utah, Nevada, Colorado, Arizona, California, Hawaii, and other states in the United States. The company builds, repairs, and reconstructs transportation infrastructure projects, including highways, roads, bridges, airfields, ports, and light rail; and water infrastructure projects comprising water, wastewater, and storm drainage systems. The company was founded in 1955 and is based in The Woodlands, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
STRL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
STRL Latest Social Stream
View Full STRL Social Stream
Latest STRL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about STERLING INFRASTRUCTURE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate STRL as an investment opportunity.
Sterling Announces E-Infrastructure Solutions New Awards Totaling $260 Million for the Fourth Quarter 2022
THE WOODLANDS, Texas, February 02, 2023--Sterling Infrastructure, Inc. (NasdaqGS: STRL) ("Sterling" or "the Company") today announced that its E-Infrastructure Solutions segment reported new awards totaling $260 million during the fourth quarter of 2022. Sterling's E-Infrastructure projects include large-scale site development services for warehouses, data centers, e-commerce distribution centers, multi-use facilities and industrial facilities. E-Infrastructure is the Company's fastest-growing s
THE WOODLANDS, Texas, January 25, 2023--Sterling Infrastructure, Inc. (NasdaqGS: STRL) ("Sterling" or "the Company") today announced that the Company is listed as one of the 26 companies on Barron's Stock Picks list for 2023. Each year, members of the roundtable collectively scour the market to find stocks with strong business fundamentals, savvy managers, and multiple attributes to prosper.
THE WOODLANDS, Texas, January 24, 2023--Sterling Infrastructure, Inc. (NasdaqGS: STRL) ("Sterling" or "the Company") today announced that the Company made the Forbes list of America's Best Small Companies once again.
Sterling Infrastructure, Inc. (NASDAQ:STRL) Shares Could Be 50% Below Their Intrinsic Value Estimate
In this article we are going to estimate the intrinsic value of Sterling Infrastructure, Inc. ( NASDAQ:STRL ) by...
THE WOODLANDS, Texas, December 20, 2022--Sterling Infrastructure, Inc. (NasdaqGS: STRL) ("Sterling" or "the Company") today announced that it has acquired Concrete Construction Services of Arizona L.L.C. and its affiliated company (collectively "CCS"). CCS provides residential single-family home concrete foundations, including the preparation, pouring and finishing of post-tension concrete foundations in new housing subdivisions in the Greater Phoenix area. The transaction provides an experience
STRL Price Returns
Continue Researching STRLHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Sterling Construction Co Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Sterling Construction Co Inc (STRL) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Sterling Construction Co Inc (STRL) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Sterling Construction Co Inc (STRL) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch