Sterling Construction Company Inc (STRL): Price and Financial Metrics
STRL Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for STRL is 5.34 -- better than 93.11% of US stocks.
- STRL's price/sales ratio is 0.41; that's higher than the P/S ratio of just 7.58% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Sterling Construction Co Inc is reporting a growth rate of 210.01%; that's higher than 92.72% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Sterling Construction Co Inc are MD, PLIN, IPI, DENN, and SAIC.
- Visit STRL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.strlco.com.
STRL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
STRL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$20.83||52-week high||$24.49|
|Prev. close||$20.94||52-week low||$6.72|
|Day high||$21.27||Avg. volume||339,783|
|50-day MA||$21.72||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$17.07||Market Cap||595.72M|
Sterling Construction Company Inc (STRL) Company Bio
Sterling Construction Company, Inc. operates as a heavy civil construction company in Texas, Utah, Nevada, Colorado, Arizona, California, Hawaii, and other states in the United States. The company builds, repairs, and reconstructs transportation infrastructure projects, including highways, roads, bridges, airfields, ports, and light rail; and water infrastructure projects comprising water, wastewater, and storm drainage systems. The company was founded in 1955 and is based in The Woodlands, Texas.
STRL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Sterling Construction Co Inc. To summarize, we found that Sterling Construction Co Inc ranked in the 90th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Sterling Construction Co Inc ended up being:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Sterling Construction Co Inc over the past 5.32 years is 0.57%; that's better than 88.12% of cash flow producing equities in the Industrials sector, where it is classified.
- 61% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than merely 24.88% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Sterling Construction Co Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than just 9.61% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
STRL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
STRL Latest Social Stream
View Full STRL Social Stream
Latest STRL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Sterling Construction Co Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate STRL as an investment opportunity.
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
Sterling Construction Company, Inc. ( NASDAQ:STRL ), might not be a large cap stock, but it led the NASDAQGS gainers...
Sterling Awarded $10.5 Million Additional Phase of Work at Phoenix’s Sky Harbor International Airport
Sterling Construction Company, Inc. (NasdaqGS: STRL) ("Sterling" or "the Company") today announced that its subsidiary, J. Banicki Construction, Inc. ("JBC"), has been awarded a $10.5 million aviation contract by the City of Phoenix Aviation Department and the FAA to reconstruct an additional portion of the apron work at Terminal 4, South 1 Concourse at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.
Sterling Construction Company, Inc. (NasdaqGS: STRL) ("Sterling" or "the Company") today announced that its subsidiary, Road and Highway Builders, LLC ("RHB"), has been awarded a $40 million heavy civil contract by the Hawaii Department of Transportation for the reconstruction of 2.67 miles of Pali Highway on Hawaii’s island of Oahu.
Sterling Awarded $122.7 Million Design-Build Project in Utah Featuring Accelerated Bridge Construction
Sterling Construction Company, Inc. (NasdaqGS: STRL) ("Sterling" or "the Company") today announced its subsidiary, Ralph L. Wadsworth Construction Company, LLC, has been selected by the Utah Department of Transportation ("UDOT") to renew portions of I-80 and I-215, two major highways in the Salt Lake Valley, to provide improved transportation for both local and interstate travel. The project is scheduled to commence in May 2021 and will take approximately two years to complete.
STRL Price Returns
Continue Researching STRLHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Sterling Construction Co Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Sterling Construction Co Inc (STRL) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Sterling Construction Co Inc (STRL) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Sterling Construction Co Inc (STRL) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!