Container Store (TCS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TCS POWR Grades
- TCS scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 86.33% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TCS is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- TCS's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 7.02% of US stocks).
TCS Stock Summary
- Container Store Group Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 81.53% of US listed stocks.
- TCS's current price/earnings ratio is 4.69, which is higher than only 5.72% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- TCS's price/sales ratio is 0.4; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 8.36% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to TCS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are FOSL, CONN, BGSF, QCRH, and GMS.
- TCS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Container Store Group Inc's official web site, go to www.containerstore.com.
TCS Valuation Summary
- TCS's price/earnings ratio is 6.4; this is 67.01% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- TCS's price/sales ratio has moved down 1.9 over the prior 95 months.
- Over the past 95 months, TCS's price/earnings ratio has gone up 24.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TCS.
TCS Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 706.7%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -27.32%.
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 15.27%.
The table below shows TCS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TCS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TCS has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 93.6% of graded US stocks.
- TCS's asset turnover comes in at 0.99 -- ranking 136th of 165 Retail stocks.
- SIG, CATO, and M are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TCS.
The table below shows TCS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TCS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TCS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$7.89||52-week high||$14.25|
|Prev. close||$7.47||52-week low||$6.19|
|Day high||$7.91||Avg. volume||593,138|
|50-day MA||$7.15||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$8.96||Market Cap||406.60M|
Container Store (TCS) Company Bio
Container Store engages in the retailing of storage and organization products in the United States, offering bath, box, closets, collections, containers, food storage, gift packaging, hooks, kitchen, laundry, office, shelving, storage, trash, and travel, as well as elfa branded products. The company was founded in 1978 and is based in Coppell, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
TCS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TCS Latest Social Stream
View Full TCS Social Stream
Latest TCS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Container Store Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TCS as an investment opportunity.
The Container Store Group, Inc. Announces Participation in the UBS Global Consumer and Retail Conference
COPPELL, Texas, February 23, 2022--The Container Store Group, Inc. (NYSE: TCS) (the "Company"), today announced the Company’s participation in the UBS Global Consumer and Retail Conference. Satish Malhotra, Chief Executive Officer & President and Jeff Miller, Chief Financial Officer, are scheduled to conduct a fireside chat discussion on Wednesday, March 9, 2022 at 2:00pm Eastern Time.
COPPELL, Texas, February 22, 2022--The last most organized day of the century marks an evolution for iconic storage and organization retailer: new logo, icon and branding campaign.
Container Store, Inc. (The) -- Moody's announces completion of a periodic review of ratings of Container Store, Inc. (The)
Announcement of Periodic Review: Moody's announces completion of a periodic review of ratings of Container Store, Inc. (The)Global Credit Research - 18 Feb 2022New York, February 18, 2022 -- Moody's Investors Service ("Moody's") has completed a periodic review of the ratings of Container Store, Inc. (The) and other ratings that are associated with the same analytical unit. The review was conducted through a portfolio review discussion held on 14 February 2022 in which Moody's reassessed the appropriateness of the ratings in the context of the relevant principal methodology (ies), recent developments, and a comparison of the financial and operating profile to similarly rated peers. Since 1 January 2019, Moody's practice has been to issue a press release following each periodic review t...
Satish Malhotra Is The CEO, President & Director of The Container Store Group, Inc. (NYSE:TCS) And They Just Picked Up 15% More Shares
Potential The Container Store Group, Inc. ( NYSE:TCS ) shareholders may wish to note that the CEO, President...
No summary available.
TCS Price Returns
Continue Researching TCSWant to see what other sources are saying about Container Store Group Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Container Store Group Inc (TCS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Container Store Group Inc (TCS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Container Store Group Inc (TCS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch