Container Store (The) (TCS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TCS POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where TCS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.35% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TCS is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 52 weeks.
- TCS's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 30.91% of US stocks).
TCS Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 1.14, Container Store Group Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than merely 5.93% of US stocks.
- TCS's current price/earnings ratio is 5.56, which is higher than just 6.75% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Container Store Group Inc is reporting a growth rate of 489.25%; that's higher than 95.02% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Container Store Group Inc are CONN, HIBB, LE, ONEW, and GO.
- Visit TCS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.containerstore.com.
TCS Valuation Summary
- TCS's price/earnings ratio is 6.4; this is 67.01% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- TCS's price/sales ratio has moved down 1.9 over the prior 95 months.
- Over the past 95 months, TCS's price/earnings ratio has gone up 24.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TCS.
TCS Growth Metrics
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -73.9%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 181.74%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -45.89%.
The table below shows TCS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TCS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TCS has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 92.21% of graded US stocks.
- TCS's asset turnover comes in at 0.99 -- ranking 136th of 165 Retail stocks.
- BOOT, SIG, and CATO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TCS.
The table below shows TCS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TCS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TCS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$10.50||52-week high||$19.31|
|Prev. close||$10.20||52-week low||$8.25|
|Day high||$10.75||Avg. volume||853,506|
|50-day MA||$10.84||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$13.09||Market Cap||530.53M|
Container Store (The) (TCS) Company Bio
Container Store engages in the retailing of storage and organization products in the United States, offering bath, box, closets, collections, containers, food storage, gift packaging, hooks, kitchen, laundry, office, shelving, storage, trash, and travel, as well as elfa branded products. The company was founded in 1978 and is based in Coppell, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
TCS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TCS Latest Social Stream
View Full TCS Social Stream
Latest TCS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Container Store Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TCS as an investment opportunity.
In an effort to combat the tight labor market, the Coppell-based retailer is raising its minimum wage to $15 per hour.
Container Store (TCS) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Could The Market Be Wrong About The Container Store Group, Inc. (NYSE:TCS) Given Its Attractive Financial Prospects?
It is hard to get excited after looking at Container Store Group's (NYSE:TCS) recent performance, when its stock has...
Shares of The Container Store (NYSE: TCS) fell sharply on Thursday, losing as much as 15% earlier in the session, ultimately ending the day down 14.6%. There didn't appear to be any company-specific news driving down the organization-and-storage products retailer, but evidence suggests that comments made by the executive from another home-goods retailer brought down The Container Store, as well.
COPPELL, Texas, September 21, 2021--The Container Store, leading specialty retailer of storage and organization solutions and custom closets, announced today they joined the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Green Power Partnership. The Container Store is using more than 57 million kilowatt-hours (kWh) of green power annually, which is enough green power to meet 100 percent of the organization's electricity use. By choosing green power, The Container Store is helping lead the transition to
TCS Price Returns
Continue Researching TCSWant to see what other sources are saying about Container Store Group Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Container Store Group Inc (TCS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Container Store Group Inc (TCS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Container Store Group Inc (TCS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch