Container Store (TCS): Price and Financial Metrics
TCS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1.99||52-week high||$5.80|
|Prev. close||$1.88||52-week low||$1.56|
|Day high||$1.99||Avg. volume||448,741|
|50-day MA||$1.97||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$2.79||Market Cap||102.93M|
TCS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TCS POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where TCS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 68.96% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TCS is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- TCS's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 8.41% of US stocks).
TCS Stock Summary
- TCS's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 0.15 -- higher than only 2.99% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.1, CONTAINER STORE GROUP INC has a higher such ratio than just 2.95% of stocks in our set.
- Over the past twelve months, TCS has reported earnings growth of -294.7%, putting it ahead of merely 4.69% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to TCS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MTW, UGI, BIMI, WWW, and JBLU.
- TCS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CONTAINER STORE GROUP INC's official web site, go to www.containerstore.com.
TCS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, TCS's EV/EBIT ratio is 132.21% lower, now standing at -4.3.
- TCS's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 119.6 over the prior 121 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TCS.
TCS Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 464.08%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 276.93%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 15.27%.
The table below shows TCS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TCS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TCS has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 93.6% of graded US stocks.
- TCS's asset turnover comes in at 0.99 -- ranking 136th of 165 Retail stocks.
- SIG, CATO, and M are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TCS.
The table below shows TCS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Container Store (TCS) Company Bio
Container Store engages in the retailing of storage and organization products in the United States, offering bath, box, closets, collections, containers, food storage, gift packaging, hooks, kitchen, laundry, office, shelving, storage, trash, and travel, as well as elfa branded products. The company was founded in 1978 and is based in Coppell, Texas.
TCS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TCS Latest Social Stream
View Full TCS Social Stream
Latest TCS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CONTAINER STORE GROUP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TCS as an investment opportunity.
The move marks an expansion of a partnership started in October 2022.
CARAWAY EXPANDS PARTNERSHIP WITH THE CONTAINER STORE; LAUNCHES FULL SUITE OF PRODUCTS AT ALL U.S. LOCATIONS & ONLINE
Caraway, the brand leader in non-toxic coated cookware and design-forward kitchenware, is today announcing a rollout at all locations of The Container Store (NYSE: TCS) across the country as well as an expanded online assortment. This partnership will offer the widest array of Caraway products in a retailer to date and Caraway's cookware is the first to be sold in The Container Store, demonstrating the retailer's focus on strategic growth categories that complement its core assortment of storage
The Container Store Group, Inc. (NYSE:TCS) Q2 2023 Earnings Call Transcript October 31, 2023 Operator: Greetings, and welcome to The Container Store Second Quarter 2023 Earnings Call. At this time, all participants are in a listen-only mode. A brief question-and-answer session will follow the formal presentation. [Operator Instructions] As a reminder, this conference is being […]
The Container Store Group, Inc. (TCS)
Q2 2023 Earnings Conference Call
October 31, 2023 16:30 ET
Caitlin Churchill - IR, ICR
Satish Malhotra - President and Chief Executive Officer
Jeff Miller - Chief Financial Officer
Conference Call Participants
Emily Ghosh - Goldman Sachs
Greetings, and welcome to The Container Store Second Quarter 2023 Earnings Call. At this time, all participants are in a listen-only mode. A brief question-and-answer session will follow the formal presentation. [Operator Instructions] As a reminder, this conference is being recorded.
It is now my pleasure to introduce your host, C...
Container Store Group (TCS) reports second-quarter fiscal 2023 results where revenues decline 19.4% year over year due to a 19.8% fall in container store retail unit sales.
TCS Price Returns
Continue Researching TCSWant to see what other sources are saying about Container Store Group Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Container Store Group Inc (TCS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Container Store Group Inc (TCS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Container Store Group Inc (TCS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch