TimkenSteel Corporation Common Shares (TMST): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TMST POWR Grades
- TMST scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 98.36% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TMST is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 52 weeks.
- TMST's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 8.34% of US stocks).
TMST Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for TimkenSteel Corp is higher than just 12.51% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- TMST's price/sales ratio is 0.58; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 11.68% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -59.94%, TimkenSteel Corp's debt growth rate surpasses only 6.56% of about US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to TMST, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are NR, LGF.B, HCI, MEI, and PLOW.
- Visit TMST's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.timkensteel.com.
TMST Valuation Summary
- TMST's price/sales ratio is 0.6; this is 62.5% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 88 months, TMST's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 2.1.
- TMST's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.6 over the prior 88 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TMST.
TMST Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 56.58%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 54.72%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -79.61%.
The table below shows TMST's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TMST's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TMST has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 83.85% of graded US stocks.
- TMST's asset turnover comes in at 0.996 -- ranking 17th of 41 Steel Works Etc stocks.
- NUE, STLD, and X are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TMST.
The table below shows TMST's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TMST Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TMST Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$12.79||52-week high||$17.35|
|Prev. close||$13.01||52-week low||$3.65|
|Day high||$13.02||Avg. volume||1,058,222|
|50-day MA||$13.71||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$11.84||Market Cap||590.60M|
TimkenSteel Corporation Common Shares (TMST) Company Bio
TimkenSteel Corporation manufactures and sells alloy steel, and carbon and micro-alloy steel products. It operates in two segments, Industrial & Mobile, and Energy & Distribution. The company was established in 2014 and is based in Canton, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
TMST Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TMST Latest Social Stream
View Full TMST Social Stream
Latest TMST News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TimkenSteel Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TMST as an investment opportunity.
TimkenSteel Announces 2030 Environmental Goals, Reaffirms Overall Environmental, Social and Governance Commitments
TimkenSteel Corp. (NYSE: TMST), a leader in high-quality specialty steel, manufactured components and supply chain solutions, today announced environmental goals for 2030, a critical milestone in the evolution of the company's environmental, social and governance (ESG) program.
TimkenSteel Corp. (NYSE: TMST), a leader in customized alloy steel products and services, today announced it will increase base pricing on all special bar quality (SBQ) products by $60 per ton. This increase is applicable to orders not already covered by pricing agreements and is effective for shipments beginning November 1, 2021. All surcharge mechanisms remain in effect.
The Canton-based steelmaker said it's reached a tentative deal with United Steelworkers Local 1123 for a new four-year contract.
The Market Loves When a Problem is Resolved... or Postponed
TimkenSteel, United Steelworkers (USW) Local 1123 Reach Tentative Agreement for New Four-Year Contract
TimkenSteel Corp. (NYSE: TMST), a leader in high-quality specialty steel, manufactured components and supply chain solutions, and the United Steelworkers (USW) Local 1123 have reached a tentative agreement for a new four-year contract. The date of the vote will be set and announced by the union.
TMST Price Returns