TimkenSteel Corp. (TMST): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TMST POWR Grades
- TMST scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 99.2% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TMST is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- TMST's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 17.43% of US stocks).
TMST Stock Summary
- TMST's current price/earnings ratio is 6.03, which is higher than only 10.12% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -40.12%, TimkenSteel Corp's debt growth rate surpasses only 10.23% of about US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, TimkenSteel Corp is reporting a growth rate of -476.5%; that's higher than merely 4.35% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to TimkenSteel Corp are CUEN, TBK, RCII, HCCI, and PINC.
- TMST's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit TimkenSteel Corp's official web site, go to www.timkensteel.com.
TMST Valuation Summary
- TMST's price/sales ratio is 0.6; this is 62.5% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 88 months, TMST's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 2.1.
- TMST's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.6 over the prior 88 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TMST.
TMST Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -79.2%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 71.14%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 48.93%.
The table below shows TMST's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TMST's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TMST has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 84.44% of graded US stocks.
- TMST's asset turnover comes in at 0.996 -- ranking 19th of 41 Steel Works Etc stocks.
- NUE, ATI, and BOOM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TMST.
The table below shows TMST's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TMST Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TMST Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$21.11||52-week high||$24.99|
|Prev. close||$21.50||52-week low||$11.68|
|Day high||$22.00||Avg. volume||830,176|
|50-day MA||$21.21||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$16.49||Market Cap||984.27M|
TimkenSteel Corp. (TMST) Company Bio
TimkenSteel Corporation manufactures and sells alloy steel, and carbon and micro-alloy steel products. It operates in two segments, Industrial & Mobile, and Energy & Distribution. The company was established in 2014 and is based in Canton, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
TMST Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TMST Latest Social Stream
View Full TMST Social Stream
Latest TMST News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TimkenSteel Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TMST as an investment opportunity.
TimkenSteel (NYSE:TMST) rallied 16.7% higher premarket after the company reported Q4 net sales of $338.3M and net income of $57.1M or $1.07/share compared to $211.2M with a net loss of $12.8M or $0.28/share. On adjusted basis, net income was $42.3M, or $0.80/share, and adj. EBITDA was $62.1M. Sales growth was led by a significant...
TimkenSteel Corporation (TMST) Q4 2021 Earnings Conference Call February 25, 2022, 9:00 AM ET Company Participants Mike Williams – President & Chief Executive Officer Jennifer Beeman – Senior Manager of Communications & Investor Relations Kris Westbrooks – Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer Conference Call Participants Seth Rosenfeld –...
TimkenSteel (NYSE: TMST), a leader in high-quality specialty steel, manufactured components, and supply chain solutions, today reported fourth-quarter 2021 net sales of $338.3 million and net income of $57.1 million, or $1.07 per diluted share. On an adjusted basis(1), fourth-quarter 2021 net income was $42.3 million, or $0.80 per diluted share, and adjusted EBITDA was $62.1 million.
TimkenSteel (TMST) is expected to have benefited from higher demand in its industrial and energy end markets in Q4. However, the chip shortage might have impacted its shipments.
TimkenSteel (TMST) closed at $15.82 in the latest trading session, marking a +1.61% move from the prior day.
TMST Price Returns