Turning Point Brands, Inc. (TPB): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TPB POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where TPB ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 84.24% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TPB is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 26 weeks.
- TPB's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 22.86% of US stocks).
TPB Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for TPB is 3.23 -- better than 84.28% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of TURNING POINT BRANDS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.96% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for TPB comes in at 13.27% -- higher than that of 87.51% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to TPB, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are DFH, GES, BOXL, CHEF, and PATK.
- TPB's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit TURNING POINT BRANDS INC's official web site, go to www.turningpointbrands.com.
TPB Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, TPB's EV/EBIT ratio is 50% lower, now standing at 9.7.
- TPB's price/earnings ratio has moved down 9.8 over the prior 80 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TPB.
TPB Growth Metrics
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 26.8%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 67.86%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 3.95%.
The table below shows TPB's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TPB's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TPB has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 59.13% of graded US stocks.
- TPB's asset turnover comes in at 0.752 -- ranking 3rd of 5 Tobacco Products stocks.
- XXII, MO, and VGR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TPB.
The table below shows TPB's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TPB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TPB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$21.34||52-week high||$38.63|
|Prev. close||$21.09||52-week low||$18.81|
|Day high||$21.53||Avg. volume||196,867|
|50-day MA||$21.54||Dividend yield||1.14%|
|200-day MA||$26.30||Market Cap||374.82M|
Turning Point Brands, Inc. (TPB) Company Bio
Turning Point Brands, Inc., through its subsidiaries, manufactures and markets smokeless and smoking tobacco products in the United States. The company operates in three segments: Smokeless Products; Smoking Products; and New Generation Products. The company was founded in 2004 and is based in Louisville, Kentucky.
Most Popular Stories View All
TPB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TPB Latest Social Stream
View Full TPB Social Stream
Latest TPB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TURNING POINT BRANDS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TPB as an investment opportunity.
Sidoti & Company, LLC has released the presentation schedule and weblinks for its two-day December Small-Cap Conference taking place Wednesday and Thursday, December 7-8, 2022.
The Ancillary Pot Stocks Index had been declining monthly since the beginning of 2022 but that all changed in October.
GrowGeneration (NASDAQ: GRWG) and Turning Point Brands (NYSE: TPB) are ancillary cannabis stocks. The advantages of ancillary cannabis stocks compared to pure-play cannabis stocks are that ancillary companies are usually more established, and their shares are less volatile, as their businesses are less susceptible to the problems that face some pure-play stocks, such as difficulty getting funding from traditional sources. Looking at GrowGeneration, the largest hydroponics supply company in the U.S., and Turning Point Brands, known for its alternative smoking products, which is the better buy right now?
Turning Point Brands with ticker code (TPB) now have 3 analysts covering the stock. The analyst consensus points to a rating of ''Buy''. The range between the high target price and low target price is between 45 and 22 and has a mean target at 34. Given that the stocks previous close was at 21.62 this indicates there is a potential upside of 57.3%. There is a 50 day moving average of 21.86 while the 200 day moving average is 27.53. The company has a market cap of $377m. Company Website: https://www.turningpointbrands.com/home/default.aspx [stock_market_widget type="chart" template="basic" color="green" assets="TPB" range="6mo" interval="1d" axes="true" cursor="true" api="yf"] The potential market cap would be $592m based on the market concensus. Turning Point Brands, together with its s...
Turning Point Brands ( NYSE:TPB ) Third Quarter 2022 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$107.8m (down 1.9% from...
TPB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching TPBWant to see what other sources are saying about Turning Point Brands Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Turning Point Brands Inc (TPB) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Turning Point Brands Inc (TPB) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Turning Point Brands Inc (TPB) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch