Turning Point Brands, Inc. (TPB): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TPB POWR Grades
- TPB scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 68.99% of US stocks.
- TPB's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- TPB ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 12th percentile.
TPB Stock Summary
- Turning Point Brands Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 85.97% of US listed stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Turning Point Brands Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 85.61% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 39.67%, Turning Point Brands Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 81.22% of about US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Turning Point Brands Inc are GTLS, QRHC, GRPN, WETF, and AIRI.
- TPB's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Turning Point Brands Inc's official web site, go to www.turningpointbrands.com.
TPB Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, TPB's price/earnings ratio is 9.05% lower, now standing at 20.6.
- TPB's price/earnings ratio has moved up 1.4 over the prior 65 months.
- TPB's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.3 over the prior 65 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TPB.
TPB's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TPB has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 59.13% of graded US stocks.
- TPB's asset turnover comes in at 0.752 -- ranking 3rd of 5 Tobacco Products stocks.
- XXII, MO, and VGR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TPB.
The table below shows TPB's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TPB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TPB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$27.13||52-week high||$54.49|
|Prev. close||$27.14||52-week low||$25.56|
|Day high||$27.36||Avg. volume||204,963|
|50-day MA||$28.70||Dividend yield||0.88%|
|200-day MA||$35.35||Market Cap||492.03M|
Turning Point Brands, Inc. (TPB) Company Bio
Turning Point Brands, Inc., through its subsidiaries, manufactures and markets smokeless and smoking tobacco products in the United States. The company operates in three segments: Smokeless Products; Smoking Products; and New Generation Products. The company was founded in 2004 and is based in Louisville, Kentucky.
Most Popular Stories View All
TPB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TPB Latest Social Stream
View Full TPB Social Stream
Latest TPB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Turning Point Brands Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TPB as an investment opportunity.
LOUISVILLE, Ky., February 24, 2022--Headline of release should read: Turning Point Brands Increases Share Repurchase Authorization (instead of Turning Point Brands Increases Common Stock Dividend)
A Unique Business Turning Point Brands (TPB) is a distributor of tobacco and smoking products. They operate three segments: Zig-Zag (Rolling papers and cigar wraps), Stoker's (Chewing tobacco and snuff), and NewGen (Vaping and alternative products). Q4 Earnings Presentation I wrote an article about TPB previously. This article will primarily...
Turning Point Brands (NYSE:TPB) declares $0.06/share quarterly dividend, 9.1% increase from prior dividend of $0.06. Forward yield 0.75% Payable April 8; for shareholders of record March 18; ex-div March 17. See TPB Dividend Scorecard, Yield Chart, & Dividend Growth....
Should the economy take a turn for the worst due to any number of reasons, sin stocks have demonstrated cynical resilience.
LOUISVILLE, Ky., February 22, 2022--The Board of Directors of Turning Point Brands, Inc. ("TPB") (NYSE: TPB), a manufacturer, marketer and distributor of branded consumer products including alternative smoking accessories and consumables with active ingredients, declared a regular quarterly dividend of $0.06 per common share. This is a 9% increase over the regular quarterly dividend declared in November 2021. The dividend is payable on April 8, 2022, to shareholders of record on the close of bus
TPB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching TPBWant to see what other sources are saying about Turning Point Brands Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Turning Point Brands Inc (TPB) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Turning Point Brands Inc (TPB) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Turning Point Brands Inc (TPB) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch