Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
UHS POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where UHS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 85.64% of US stocks.
- UHS's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 47 weeks.
- UHS's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 35.51% of US stocks).
UHS Stock Summary
- UHS has a market capitalization of $12,211,116,409 -- more than approximately 82.55% of US stocks.
- Universal Health Services Inc's stock had its IPO on March 26, 1990, making it an older stock than 83.77% of US equities in our set.
- The volatility of Universal Health Services Inc's share price is greater than that of merely 20.58% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Universal Health Services Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be TPL, CIGI, UNM, TAP, and HLF.
- Visit UHS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.uhsinc.com.
UHS Valuation Summary
- UHS's EV/EBIT ratio is 11; this is 62.46% lower than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- Over the past 243 months, UHS's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.
- Over the past 243 months, UHS's price/earnings ratio has gone down 14.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for UHS.
UHS Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 13.35%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 45.69%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 8.77%.
The table below shows UHS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
UHS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- UHS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 54.15% of graded US stocks.
- UHS's asset turnover comes in at 0.933 -- ranking 23rd of 80 Healthcare stocks.
- FLGT, MGLN, and THC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with UHS.
The table below shows UHS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
UHS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UHS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$143.31||52-week high||$165.00|
|Prev. close||$145.92||52-week low||$99.47|
|Day high||$145.27||Avg. volume||613,053|
|50-day MA||$152.57||Dividend yield||0.55%|
|200-day MA||$144.29||Market Cap||11.91B|
Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) Company Bio
Universal Health Services owns and operates acute care hospitals, behavioral health centers, surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, and radiation oncology centers. The company was founded in 1978 and is based in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania.
Most Popular Stories View All
UHS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UHS Latest Social Stream
View Full UHS Social Stream
Latest UHS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Universal Health Services Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UHS as an investment opportunity.
Some have more dollars than sense, they say, so even companies that have no revenue, no profit, and a record of falling...
Universal Health Services, Inc. to Present at Morgan Stanley's 19th Annual Global Healthcare Conference
Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS) announced today that Steve Filton, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer will participate in a virtual fireside chat at Morgan Stanley's 19 Annual Global Healthcare Conference on Tuesday, September 14, 2021, at 5:00pm.
UHS vs. ACHC: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
Backed by its strategic measures, solid segmental contributions and a strong solvency level, Universal Health (UHS) holds potential to reap benefits for investors.
A bipartisan bill introduced this summer would impact residential and behavioral health facilities and other health care providers sued under the federal False Claims Act (FCA), making defense of these actions more expensive and difficult. The False Claims Amendments Act of 2021 was designed in part to undo the result of the U.S. Supreme Courts 2016 ruling in Universal Health Services, Inc. v. United States ex rel. Escobar, which allowed providers to argue that an alleged misrepresentation By: Fox Rothschild LLP
UHS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching UHSHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Universal Health Services Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Universal Health Services Inc (UHS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Universal Health Services Inc (UHS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Universal Health Services Inc (UHS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch