Urban Outfitters, Inc. (URBN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
URBN POWR Grades
- URBN scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 97.39% of US stocks.
- URBN's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- URBN's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 26.04% of US stocks).
URBN Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for URBN is 2.47 -- better than 80.3% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Urban Outfitters Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.68% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, URBN has reported earnings growth of -18,054.86%, putting it ahead of only 0.09% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Urban Outfitters Inc are UMH, KWR, ARWR, NFE, and JVA.
- URBN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Urban Outfitters Inc's official web site, go to www.urbn.com.
URBN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, URBN's price/earnings ratio is 9.83% lower, now standing at 18.8.
- Over the past 243 months, URBN's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.3.
- URBN's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for URBN.
URBN Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 30.75%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -101.32%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 27.64%.
The table below shows URBN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
URBN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
URBN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$36.47||52-week high||$42.10|
|Prev. close||$36.62||52-week low||$15.85|
|Day high||$37.50||Avg. volume||1,757,281|
|50-day MA||$38.08||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$32.86||Market Cap||3.59B|
Urban Outfitters, Inc. (URBN) Company Bio
Urban Outfitters offer womens and mens fashion apparel, intimates, footwear, beauty and accessories, activewear and gear, and electronics, as well as an eclectic mix of apartment wares and gifts to young adults aged 18 to 28. The company was founded in 1970 and is based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
URBN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Urban Outfitters Inc. To summarize, we found that Urban Outfitters Inc ranked in the 20th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Urban Outfitters Inc, consider:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.56 years comes in at -0.04%; that's greater than just 18.12% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Urban Outfitters Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 25 -- greater than 86.98% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than 54.47% of stocks in its sector (Consumer Cyclical).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
URBN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
URBN Latest Social Stream
View Full URBN Social Stream
Latest URBN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Urban Outfitters Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate URBN as an investment opportunity.
Wells Fargo Stick to Their Hold Rating for Urban Outfitters
Urban Outfitters' (URBN) robust business initiatives including the FP Movement will continue boosting growth. Its merchandising strategy is also impressive.
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Urban Outfitters and Levi Strauss
Many prominent investors, including Warren Buffett, David Tepper and Stan Druckenmiller, have been cautious regarding the current bull market and missed out as the stock market reached another high in recent weeks. On the other hand, technology hedge funds weren’t timid and registered double digit market beating gains. Financials, energy and industrial stocks initially suffered […]
Retailers with a strong online presence like Target Corporation (TGT), Walmart (WMT) and Best Buy (BBY) are likely to benefit in the near term.
URBN Price Returns