Urban Outfitters, Inc. (URBN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
URBN POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where URBN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.39% of US stocks.
- URBN's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- URBN ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 26th percentile.
URBN Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Urban Outfitters Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.96% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- URBN's price/sales ratio is 0.99; that's higher than the P/S ratio of just 19.26% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Urban Outfitters Inc is reporting a growth rate of -18,054.86%; that's higher than merely 0.09% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Urban Outfitters Inc are UMH, KWR, ARWR, NFE, and JVA.
- Visit URBN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.urbn.com.
URBN Valuation Summary
- URBN's price/sales ratio is 1; this is 70.59% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- URBN's price/sales ratio has moved up $0.3 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, URBN's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up $3.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for URBN.
URBN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
URBN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$37.21||52-week high||$41.95|
|Prev. close||$38.13||52-week low||$14.41|
|Day high||$37.62||Avg. volume||1,794,645|
|50-day MA||$37.41||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$30.64||Market Cap||3.66B|
Urban Outfitters, Inc. (URBN) Company Bio
Urban Outfitters offer womens and mens fashion apparel, intimates, footwear, beauty and accessories, activewear and gear, and electronics, as well as an eclectic mix of apartment wares and gifts to young adults aged 18 to 28. The company was founded in 1970 and is based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
URBN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Urban Outfitters Inc. To summarize, we found that Urban Outfitters Inc ranked in the 20th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Urban Outfitters Inc, consider:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.56 years comes in at -0.04%; that's greater than just 18.12% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Urban Outfitters Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 25 -- greater than 86.98% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than 54.47% of stocks in its sector (Consumer Cyclical).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
URBN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
URBN Latest Social Stream
View Full URBN Social Stream
Latest URBN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Urban Outfitters Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate URBN as an investment opportunity.
Urban Outfitters (URBN) could be a great choice for investors looking to buy stocks that have gained strong momentum recently but are still trading at reasonable prices. It is one of the several stocks that made it through our 'Fast-Paced Momentum at a Bargain' screen.
Express, Urban Outfitters and J.Crew are among more-specialized chains that have opened up their sites to third-party sellers, a business model long mastered by Amazon.
Apparel retailers like Abercrombie (ANF) witness strong sales on renewed retail trends. Urban Outfitters (URBN), Foot Locker (FL), L Brands (LB), Tapestry (TPR) and Buckle (BKE) are other gainers.
Retail sales are projected to witness a sharp jump, which is likely to help stocks like Urban Outfitters, Inc. (URBN), Target Corporation (TGT) and DICKS Sporting Goods (DKS) in the near term.
Urban Outfitters (URBN) shares have started gaining and might continue moving higher in the near term, as indicated by solid earnings estimate revisions.
URBN Price Returns