United Rentals Inc. (URI): Price and Financial Metrics
URI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$475.50||52-week high||$505.15|
|Prev. close||$490.09||52-week low||$325.15|
|Day high||$486.69||Avg. volume||827,415|
|50-day MA||$443.97||Dividend yield||1.18%|
|200-day MA||$422.49||Market Cap||32.23B|
URI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
URI POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where URI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.96% of US stocks.
- URI's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- URI's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 18.76% of US stocks).
URI Stock Summary
- URI has a market capitalization of $34,014,765,054 -- more than approximately 92.75% of US stocks.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for UNITED RENTALS INC is higher than it is for about 86.64% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for UNITED RENTALS INC comes in at 24.98%, a number that bests 81.29% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to URI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are APTV, FLT, IR, PWR, and LH.
- URI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit UNITED RENTALS INC's official web site, go to www.unitedrentals.com.
URI Valuation Summary
- URI's price/sales ratio is 2.3; this is 91.67% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- URI's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for URI.
URI Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -4.69%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 101.03%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 7.14%.
The table below shows URI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
URI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- URI has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.72% of graded US stocks.
- URI's asset turnover comes in at 0.489 -- ranking 324th of 561 Business Services stocks.
- TTEC, NATI, and TBI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with URI.
The table below shows URI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
United Rentals Inc. (URI) Company Bio
United Rentals, Inc. (NYSE: URI) is the world's largest equipment rental company, with about 13 percent of the North American market share as of 2019. It owns the largest rental fleet in the world with about 660,000 rental units totaling about $14.2 billion in original equipment cost (OEC). The company has a workforce of approximately 18,800 employees, and operates 1,186 locations across 49 U.S. states, 10 Canadian provinces, Puerto Rico and four European countries. In 2017, United Rentals' revenue totaled more than $6.64 billion, with over $1.35 billion in profit. It is ranked #424 on the Fortune 500, and #1183 on the Forbes Global 2000 list of the world's largest public companies. (Source:Wikipedia)
URI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
URI Latest Social Stream
View Full URI Social Stream
Latest URI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about UNITED RENTALS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate URI as an investment opportunity.
Dow Jones futures fell modestly early Monday, along with S&P 500 futures and Nasdaq futures. The stock market rally briefly hinted it might be ready for a pause, as megacaps Meta Platforms, Google parent Alphabet and Nvidia faltered somewhat.
A strong construction market, billions in infrastructure spending and the Ahern acquisition have boosted United Rentals' growth.
United Rentals is breaking out of a cup-with-handle base with a buy point of 488.73. URI stock is in a buy zone to 513.17 and trading at an all-time high, according to IBD MarketSmith. Sales rose 23% in the third quarter to $3.8 billion, while earnings per share of $11.73 were up 27%.
United Rentals (URI) closed the most recent trading day at $476.02, moving -0.04% from the previous trading session.
TopBuild (BLD) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
URI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|