United Rentals Inc. (URI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
URI POWR Grades
- URI scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 93.93% of US stocks.
- URI's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- URI ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 19th percentile.
URI Stock Summary
- URI has a market capitalization of $31,641,845,414 -- more than approximately 92.43% of US stocks.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for UNITED RENTALS INC is higher than it is for about 86.89% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, URI has reported earnings growth of 43.04%, putting it ahead of 74.42% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to UNITED RENTALS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be VRSK, LH, PKG, LHX, and IQV.
- URI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit UNITED RENTALS INC's official web site, go to www.unitedrentals.com.
URI Valuation Summary
- URI's EV/EBIT ratio is 12.8; this is 25.36% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, URI's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for URI.
URI Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 94.23%.
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 37.7%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at 141.93%.
The table below shows URI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
URI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- URI has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.72% of graded US stocks.
- URI's asset turnover comes in at 0.489 -- ranking 324th of 561 Business Services stocks.
- TTEC, NATI, and TBI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with URI.
The table below shows URI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
URI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
URI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$455.07||52-week high||$466.01|
|Prev. close||$456.20||52-week low||$230.54|
|Day high||$457.44||Avg. volume||783,439|
|50-day MA||$375.74||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$313.91||Market Cap||31.54B|
United Rentals Inc. (URI) Company Bio
United Rentals, Inc. (NYSE: URI) is the world's largest equipment rental company, with about 13 percent of the North American market share as of 2019. It owns the largest rental fleet in the world with about 660,000 rental units totaling about $14.2 billion in original equipment cost (OEC). The company has a workforce of approximately 18,800 employees, and operates 1,186 locations across 49 U.S. states, 10 Canadian provinces, Puerto Rico and four European countries. In 2017, United Rentals' revenue totaled more than $6.64 billion, with over $1.35 billion in profit. It is ranked #424 on the Fortune 500, and #1183 on the Forbes Global 2000 list of the world's largest public companies. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
URI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
URI Latest Social Stream
View Full URI Social Stream
Latest URI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about UNITED RENTALS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate URI as an investment opportunity.
United Rentals is the world''s largest rental company for heavy machinery and construction equipment. See why I''m hold on URI stock.
Stocks have delivered a strong performance in 2023 so far, with many now heading toward and breaking 52-week highs, reflecting favorable positive momentum. And all three of these companies have seen their earnings outlooks drift higher, helping to fuel the runs.
ADM, IBKR and URI made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) growth stocks list on February 3, 2023.
Stocks like Coca Cola Femsa (KOF), United Rentals (URI) and Ameriprise Financial (AMP) have been selected as the momentum picks for the day using the Driehaus strategy.
Zacks.com featured highlights Archer Daniels Midland, Conagra Brands, Albertsons, Teck Resources and United Rentals
Archer Daniels Midland, Conagra Brands, Albertsons, Teck Resources and United Rentals have been highlighted in this Screen of The Week article.
URI Price Returns