United States Cellular Corporation (USM): Price and Financial Metrics
USM Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for United States Cellular Corp is higher than just 7.53% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- The volatility of United States Cellular Corp's share price is greater than that of only 7.47% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for USM comes in at -36.9% -- higher than that of just 6.83% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to United States Cellular Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be TDS, AAWW, CONN, LDL, and SRCL.
- USM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit United States Cellular Corp's official web site, go to www.uscellular.com.
USM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
USM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$29.43||52-week high||$37.28|
|Prev. close||$29.75||52-week low||$23.91|
|Day high||$29.68||Avg. volume||166,932|
|50-day MA||$31.63||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$31.66||Market Cap||2.53B|
United States Cellular Corporation (USM) Company Bio
United States Cellular Corporation provides wireless telecommunications services in the United States. Its wireless services include postpaid and prepaid service plans with voice, messaging, data services, smartphone messaging, and Internet services. The company was founded in 1983 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
USM Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for USM, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that United States Cellular Corp ranked in the 81th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 430.5%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for United States Cellular Corp ended up being:
- 43% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than only 13.88% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- United States Cellular Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than merely 3.37% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, United States Cellular Corp experienced a tax rate of about 5% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Communication Services), this tax rate is higher than just 22.81% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
USM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
USM Latest Social Stream
View Full USM Social Stream
Latest USM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about United States Cellular Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate USM as an investment opportunity.
Top two carriers buy licenses nationwide, outspending T-Mobile and US Cellular.
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. [NYSE: TDS] and United States Cellular Corporation [NYSE: USM] are jointly presenting at three upcoming investor conferences detailed below.
Rating Action: Moody's assigns Ba3 to TDS's proposed preferred stockGlobal Credit Research - 23 Feb 2021New York, February 23, 2021 -- Moody's Investors Service (Moody's) has assigned a Ba3 rating to Telephone and Data Systems, Inc.'s (TDS) proposed cumulative redeemable perpetual preferred stock. TDS's speculative grade liquidity (SGL) rating is maintained at SGL-1, reflecting its very strong liquidity.
United States Cellular (USM -9.3%) and its parent Telephone and Data Systems (TDS -8.5%) are sharply lower today as J.P. Morgan downgrades each to Neutral, from Overweight. After some positive earnings from USM and TDS, guidance paints a "somewhat bleak view" for 2021, the firm says. An outlook for flat...
USM earnings call for the period ending December 31, 2020.
USM Price Returns
Continue Researching USMHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on United States Cellular Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
United States Cellular Corp (USM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
United States Cellular Corp (USM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
United States Cellular Corp (USM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!