United States Cellular Corporation (USM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
USM POWR Grades
- USM scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 91.55% of US stocks.
- USM's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 48 weeks.
- USM ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 10th percentile.
USM Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for United States Cellular Corp is higher than just 8.97% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- USM's price/sales ratio is 0.65; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 13.72% of US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for USM comes in at -38.74% -- higher than that of only 7.38% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to United States Cellular Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be TDS, CSSE, ECOL, FAMI, and TIG.
- Visit USM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.uscellular.com.
USM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Communication Services stock, USM's price/sales ratio is 75% lower, now standing at 0.7.
- Over the past 243 months, USM's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 4.
- USM's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for USM.
USM Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -15.17%.
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 30.7%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 96.14%.
The table below shows USM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
USM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- USM has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 17.56% of graded US stocks.
- USM's asset turnover comes in at 0.425 -- ranking 27th of 63 Communication stocks.
- TDS, VZ, and CXDO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with USM.
The table below shows USM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
USM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
USM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$30.78||52-week high||$39.96|
|Prev. close||$31.10||52-week low||$28.19|
|Day high||$31.16||Avg. volume||165,211|
|50-day MA||$32.71||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$34.21||Market Cap||2.67B|
United States Cellular Corporation (USM) Company Bio
United States Cellular Corporation provides wireless telecommunications services in the United States. Its wireless services include postpaid and prepaid service plans with voice, messaging, data services, smartphone messaging, and Internet services. The company was founded in 1983 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
USM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
USM Latest Social Stream
View Full USM Social Stream
Latest USM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about United States Cellular Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate USM as an investment opportunity.
Gregory Josefowicz, Director at United States Cellular (NYSE:USM), made a large insider sell on September 14, according to a new SEC filing. What Happened: A Form 4 filing from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Tuesday showed that Josefowicz sold 4,049 shares of United States Cellular at a price of $31.11 per share. The total transaction amounted to $125,964. Following the transaction, Josefowicz still owns 17,131 shares of United States Cellular worth $525,579. United States Cellul
There's plenty of solid opportunities out there, but these are stocks to sell.
Nokia (NOK) extends relationship with United States Cellular (USM) to enhance the latter's communications infrastructure on the back of 5G standalone core network.
Telecom stocks including, T stock and VZ stock, are getting left behind as competition, massive capital costs and missteps take their toll.
More than half of wireless subscribers polled were extremely or somewhat satisfied with the security offered by their mobile operators, according to a mobile security survey released by Global Wireless Solutions (GWS). Even in this heightened cyber threat environment, 57% of wireless subscribers across the big U.S. mobile operators AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile expressed satisfaction with the mobile security being offered. This differs from the smaller operators (Boost Mobile, Cricket, MetroPCS, US Cellular and More The post Consumers satisfied with mobile security, yet account privacy and protection concerns remain appeared first on Help Net Security .
USM Price Returns
Continue Researching USMHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on United States Cellular Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
United States Cellular Corp (USM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
United States Cellular Corp (USM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
United States Cellular Corp (USM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch