Universal Technical Institute Inc (UTI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
UTI POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where UTI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 87.12% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for UTI is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 48 weeks.
- UTI ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 19th percentile.
UTI Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 58.69, Universal Technical Institute Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 85.29% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of Universal Technical Institute Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.28% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, UTI has reported earnings growth of -628.35%, putting it ahead of merely 3.35% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Universal Technical Institute Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be TTSH, RELL, ENG, DYNT, and HOFT.
- UTI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Universal Technical Institute Inc's official web site, go to www.uti.edu.
UTI Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, UTI's price/earnings ratio is 173.29% higher, now standing at 61.9.
- Over the past 216 months, UTI's price/sales ratio has gone down 3.
- UTI's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 12.7 over the prior 216 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for UTI.
UTI Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 1101.85%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 78.33%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 261.99%.
The table below shows UTI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
UTI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- UTI has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 52.89% of graded US stocks.
- UTI's asset turnover comes in at 0.701 -- ranking 22nd of 51 Personal Services stocks.
- LRN, GHC, and UNF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with UTI.
The table below shows UTI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
UTI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UTI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$6.76||52-week high||$7.35|
|Prev. close||$6.66||52-week low||$4.47|
|Day high||$6.83||Avg. volume||160,996|
|50-day MA||$6.61||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$6.20||Market Cap||221.90M|
Universal Technical Institute Inc (UTI) Company Bio
Universal Technical Institute Inc., through its Universal Technical Institute (UTI) campuses, provides technical education training. The Schools, through its UTI campuses, offers automotive, collision repair and refinishing, and diesel training. UTI also offers training in motorcycle, marine, and personal watercraft through its Motorcycle and Marine Mechanics Institutes(MMI).
Most Popular Stories View All
UTI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UTI Latest Social Stream
View Full UTI Social Stream
Latest UTI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Universal Technical Institute Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UTI as an investment opportunity.
Universal Technical Institute and IGNITE Worldwide Announce Education Partnership to Support More Women Entering the Skilled Trades
Universal Technical Institute (UTI) and IGNITE Worldwide are joining together to advance the participation and advancement of women in the skilled trades.
Universal Technical Institute Inc. (NYSE: UTI), the nation's leading provider of transportation technician training, will initially launch the new BMW FastTrack elective at its Avondale, Arizona, and Orlando, Florida campuses in January 2022. It will launch at its Long Beach, California campus in May 2022. These three campuses are open for program enrollment today.
Universal Technical Institute, Inc.'s (NYSE:UTI) Stock On An Uptrend: Could Fundamentals Be Driving The Momentum?
Universal Technical Institute's (NYSE:UTI) stock is up by a considerable 21% over the past three months. As most would...
Universal Technical Institute and BMW Partner at Fort Bragg to Prepare Service Members for Civilian Careers as BMW Automotive Technicians
Universal Technical Institute and BMW of North America, LLC are partnering to add a unique program for service members at the U.S. Army's Fort Bragg, N.C. base. The BMW MSTEP (Military Service Technician Education Program) provides training for new career opportunities for service members transitioning from military service back into civilian life. The BMW MSTEP program was first launched at Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton in Southern California in 2018, making BMW the first premium automotive
MOORESVILLE, N.C., Sept. 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Universal Technical Institute (UTI) is pleased to announce the expansion of its Welding Technology Training Program to its Mooresville, N.C. campus, NASCAR Technical Institute (NASCAR Tech). This represents the eighth welding program that
UTI Price Returns
Continue Researching UTIWant to do more research on Universal Technical Institute Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Universal Technical Institute Inc (UTI) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Universal Technical Institute Inc (UTI) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Universal Technical Institute Inc (UTI) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch