Vale S.A. ADR (VALE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VALE POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where VALE ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.6% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VALE is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 52 weeks.
- VALE ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 9th percentile.
VALE Stock Summary
- VALE has a market capitalization of $65,201,168,073 -- more than approximately 95.88% of US stocks.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Vale SA is higher than just 12.08% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of Vale SA's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 2.81% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Vale SA are EXC, PBR, SNP, E, and BCE.
- Visit VALE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.vale.com.
VALE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, VALE's price/earnings ratio is 1.01% higher, now standing at 20.1.
- Over the past 237 months, VALE's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.3.
- VALE's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 2.1 over the prior 237 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VALE.
VALE Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at -17.16%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 6.52%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 390.02%.
The table below shows VALE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VALE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VALE has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 98.37% of graded US stocks.
- VALE's asset turnover comes in at 0.436 -- ranking 17th of 42 Non-Metallic and Industrial Metal Mining stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows VALE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VALE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VALE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$12.37||52-week high||$23.17|
|Prev. close||$12.71||52-week low||$11.16|
|Day high||$12.45||Avg. volume||30,826,354|
|50-day MA||$13.51||Dividend yield||24.33%|
|200-day MA||$18.36||Market Cap||63.44B|
Vale S.A. ADR (VALE) Company Bio
Vale S.A engages in the research, production, and sale of iron ore and pellets, nickel, fertilizer, copper, coal, manganese, ferroalloys, cobalt, platinum group metals, and precious metals in Brazil and internationally. The company was founded in 1942 and is based in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Most Popular Stories View All
VALE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VALE Latest Social Stream
View Full VALE Social Stream
Latest VALE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Vale SA that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VALE as an investment opportunity.
(Bloomberg) -- Like its iron ore rivals, Vale SA has understandably been obsessed with Chinese demand over the past two decades. Now the Brazilian miner is taking a fresh look in its own backyard. Most Read from BloombergStartup Fever Is Gripping the World’s Last Big Untapped NationElizabeth Holmes Faces Last-Ditch Chance to Testify at TrialChronically Underfunded HBCUs Eye Scholarships in Biden BillThat’s because China is tapping the brakes on steelmaking in a bid to contain pollution and energ
Wheaton (WPM) is likely to gain from mine-expansion moves by operators and focus on acquisitions, despite pandemic-related uncertainties.
Vale S.A. (VALE) is one of the largest metals and mining companies in the world, based on market capitalization. The company is one of the world’s largest producers of iron ore and nickel, but it also produces iron ore pellets, manganese ore, ferroalloys, metallurgical and thermal coal, copper, platinum group metals (PGMs), gold, silver, and cobalt. Based in Brazil, Vale operates logistics systems, including railroads, maritime terminals, and ports, which are integrated with its mining operations. For this reason, the company enjoys unparallel operational efficiencies. I am neutral on the stock.
Vale ponders investment in China Baowus pilot biochar plant project as part of Scope 3 emission targets
Vale says it has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with China Baowu Steel Group Corporation Ltd in which both companies agreed to pursue opportunities to develop steelmaking solutions focused on reducing greenhouse gas emissions. The MoU comprises the discussion to produce biochar and use it in blast furnaces in order to consume a carbon-neutral material The post Vale ponders investment in China Baowus pilot biochar plant project as part of Scope 3 emission targets appeared first on International Mining .
Investors need to pay close attention to Vale (VALE) stock based on the movements in the options market lately.
VALE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|