Vale S.A. ADR (VALE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VALE POWR Grades
- VALE scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 90.42% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VALE is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- VALE's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 25.66% of US stocks).
VALE Stock Summary
- VALE has a higher market value than 97.58% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $90,404,044,140.
- Of note is the ratio of VALE SA's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 3.61% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for VALE comes in at 22.39% -- higher than that of 93.79% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to VALE, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are EQNR, SCCO, BTI, EOG, and DUK.
- Visit VALE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.vale.com.
VALE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, VALE's price/sales ratio is 30.77% higher, now standing at 1.7.
- Over the past 243 months, VALE's price/sales ratio has gone down 1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VALE.
VALE Growth Metrics
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -130.56%.
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at 17.81%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 133.18%.
The table below shows VALE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VALE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VALE has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 98.37% of graded US stocks.
- VALE's asset turnover comes in at 0.436 -- ranking 17th of 42 Non-Metallic and Industrial Metal Mining stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows VALE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VALE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VALE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$18.39||52-week high||$21.29|
|Prev. close||$18.45||52-week low||$11.72|
|Day high||$18.39||Avg. volume||20,675,621|
|50-day MA||$17.06||Dividend yield||0.54%|
|200-day MA||$15.12||Market Cap||84.43B|
Vale S.A. ADR (VALE) Company Bio
Vale S.A engages in the research, production, and sale of iron ore and pellets, nickel, fertilizer, copper, coal, manganese, ferroalloys, cobalt, platinum group metals, and precious metals in Brazil and internationally. The company was founded in 1942 and is based in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Most Popular Stories View All
VALE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VALE Latest Social Stream
View Full VALE Social Stream
Latest VALE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about VALE SA that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VALE as an investment opportunity.
Q4 iron ore sales volume fell 0.7% from a year earlier while surging 24.2% from Q3 to 81.2M tons.
Q4 production of iron ore pellets fell 8.9% Y/Y while edging 0.1% higher from Q3 to 8.3M metric tons....
These are the dividend stocks to buy for the coming years and these stocks have dividend growth visibility.
In this article, we discuss 11 most undervalued foreign stocks to buy according to hedge funds. If you want to see more stocks in this selection, check out 5 Most Undervalued Foreign Stocks To Buy According To Hedge Funds. According to JPMorgan’s projections, the global economy is expected to grow at a meagre rate of […]
These three undervalued stocks to buy trade at incredibly low price-earnings multiples, while also offering attractive dividend yields.
SPC Nickel Signs Cooperation Agreement with Vale to Consolidate Ownership of the West Graham and Crean Hill 3 Ni-Cu Deposits, Sudbury, Ontario
SUDBURY, ON , Jan. 23, 2023 /CNW/ - SPC Nickel Corp. (TSXV: SPC ) ( "SPC Nickel" or the "Company" ), is pleased to announce that the Company has entered into an Agreement with Vale Canada Limited ("Vale") (the "Agreement") designed to consolidate and unlock the full potential of the adjacent and contiguous West Graham and Crean Hill 3 nickel-copper deposits (collectively, the "Project") located in the world class Sudbury Mining Camp. The Agreement grants SPC Nickel the right to acquire an 100% interest in the surface and mineral rights of the Crean Hill 3 Property as therein described. In consideration, certain rights and royalties will be extended to Vale across the combined Project. SPC''s CEO Grant Mourre commented on the Agreement, "The signing of this agreement with Vale represents...
VALE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|