Vale S.A. ADR (VALE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VALE POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where VALE ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.36% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VALE is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 48 weeks.
- VALE's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 11.37% of US stocks).
VALE Stock Summary
- Vale SA's market capitalization of $76,025,280,160 is ahead of 96.56% of US-listed equities.
- Of note is the ratio of Vale SA's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 2.92% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- As for revenue growth, note that VALE's revenue has grown 45.58% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 85.08% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Vale SA, a group of peers worth examining would be IBN, BTI, D, PTR, and DUK.
- Visit VALE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.vale.com.
VALE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, VALE's price/earnings ratio is 1.01% higher, now standing at 20.1.
- Over the past 237 months, VALE's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.3.
- VALE's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 2.1 over the prior 237 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VALE.
VALE Growth Metrics
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at 81.2%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 47.87%.
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 56.27%.
The table below shows VALE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VALE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VALE has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 98.36% of graded US stocks.
- VALE's asset turnover comes in at 0.436 -- ranking 15th of 42 Non-Metallic and Industrial Metal Mining stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows VALE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VALE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VALE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$14.49||52-week high||$23.17|
|Prev. close||$14.82||52-week low||$10.29|
|Day high||$14.76||Avg. volume||29,124,570|
|50-day MA||$19.53||Dividend yield||21.26%|
|200-day MA||$19.25||Market Cap||74.31B|
Vale S.A. ADR (VALE) Company Bio
Vale S.A engages in the research, production, and sale of iron ore and pellets, nickel, fertilizer, copper, coal, manganese, ferroalloys, cobalt, platinum group metals, and precious metals in Brazil and internationally. The company was founded in 1942 and is based in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Most Popular Stories View All
VALE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VALE Latest Social Stream
View Full VALE Social Stream
Latest VALE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Vale SA that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VALE as an investment opportunity.
To some, John Elliott will be remembered as a brilliant star who exploded across the corporate firmament during the 1970s and 1980s. Others will look upon him less favourably.
Andrew Forrests Fortescue Metals Group poaches new iron ore boss Dino Otranto from rival producer Vale
Fortescue Metals Group has tapped a new chief operating officer for its iron ore empire from rival producer Vale.
Big declines in iron ore prices are creating exciting opportunities for investors.
VALE S.A. (VALE) closed at $15.88 in the latest trading session, marking a +1.4% move from the prior day.
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Rio Tinto, BHP Group, Vale and Fortescue Metals Group
VALE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|