Vale S.A. ADR (VALE): Price and Financial Metrics
VALE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$14.69||52-week high||$19.31|
|Prev. close||$14.72||52-week low||$12.22|
|Day high||$14.99||Avg. volume||22,187,066|
|50-day MA||$13.96||Dividend yield||6.73%|
|200-day MA||$14.22||Market Cap||65.86B|
VALE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VALE POWR Grades
- VALE scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 95.04% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VALE is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- VALE ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 33rd percentile.
VALE Stock Summary
- VALE has a market capitalization of $73,451,527,788 -- more than approximately 96.73% of US stocks.
- VALE's current price/earnings ratio is 3.91, which is higher than only 3.86% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of VALE SA's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 7.08% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to VALE SA are PCAR, OXY, EQNR, BMY, and HES.
- VALE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit VALE SA's official web site, go to www.vale.com.
VALE Valuation Summary
- VALE's EV/EBIT ratio is 3.7; this is 70.4% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- VALE's price/sales ratio has moved down 2.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VALE.
VALE Growth Metrics
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 17.81%.
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -11.37%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 133.18%.
The table below shows VALE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VALE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VALE has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 98.37% of graded US stocks.
- VALE's asset turnover comes in at 0.436 -- ranking 17th of 42 Non-Metallic and Industrial Metal Mining stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows VALE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Vale S.A. ADR (VALE) Company Bio
Vale S.A engages in the research, production, and sale of iron ore and pellets, nickel, fertilizer, copper, coal, manganese, ferroalloys, cobalt, platinum group metals, and precious metals in Brazil and internationally. The company was founded in 1942 and is based in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
VALE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VALE Latest Social Stream
View Full VALE Social Stream
Latest VALE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about VALE SA that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VALE as an investment opportunity.
Investors need to pay close attention to Vale (VALE) stock based on the movements in the options market lately.
The New Year is only five weeks away, and looking ahead to 2024 some noted market experts are predicting a modestly positive investing environment. Notable among them is David Kostin, chief US equity strategist from Goldman Sachs, who has expressed some cautious optimism about the coming year. Kostin believes that, like this year, the next will present a volatile stock market background and toss up opportunities for investors to score profits. Kostin’s rosy upside scenario sees the S&P 500 hitti
Wheaton (WPM) and Vale announce that the Salobo mine achieved an average throughput of 32.3 Mtpa.
Vale SA (NYSE:VALE) recently announced a dividend of $0.47 per share, payable on 2023-12-08, with the ex-dividend date set for 2023-11-22. As investors look forward to this upcoming payment, the spotlight also shines on the company's dividend history, yield, and growth rates. Using the data from GuruFocus, let's look into Vale SAs dividend performance and assess its sustainability.
This article will discuss the leading cobalt extraction companies and their operational footprint. If you want to skip our overview of the major moves and trends in the cobalt mining industry, read 5 Largest Cobalt Mining Companies and Their Mines in the World. Trends in the Mining Industry According to PwC Global’s Mine 2023 Report, the top 40 […]
VALE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|