Vale S.A. ADR (VALE): Price and Financial Metrics
VALE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$13.75||52-week high||$19.31|
|Prev. close||$13.65||52-week low||$12.22|
|Day high||$13.99||Avg. volume||22,295,703|
|50-day MA||$13.65||Dividend yield||4.84%|
|200-day MA||$15.09||Market Cap||61.64B|
VALE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VALE POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where VALE ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.54% of US stocks.
- VALE's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- VALE ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 9th percentile.
VALE Stock Summary
- VALE has a market capitalization of $67,430,127,332 -- more than approximately 96.64% of US stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 3.59, VALE SA P/E ratio is greater than that of about only 4.06% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of VALE SA's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 7.44% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to VALE, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PCAR, OXY, MELI, EQNR, and TAK.
- VALE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit VALE SA's official web site, go to www.vale.com.
VALE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, VALE's price/earnings ratio is 78.59% lower, now standing at 3.5.
- VALE's price/sales ratio has moved down 2.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VALE.
VALE Growth Metrics
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 17.81%.
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -11.37%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 133.18%.
The table below shows VALE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VALE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VALE has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 98.37% of graded US stocks.
- VALE's asset turnover comes in at 0.436 -- ranking 17th of 42 Non-Metallic and Industrial Metal Mining stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows VALE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Vale S.A. ADR (VALE) Company Bio
Vale S.A engages in the research, production, and sale of iron ore and pellets, nickel, fertilizer, copper, coal, manganese, ferroalloys, cobalt, platinum group metals, and precious metals in Brazil and internationally. The company was founded in 1942 and is based in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
VALE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VALE Latest Social Stream
View Full VALE Social Stream
Latest VALE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about VALE SA that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VALE as an investment opportunity.
Looking for undervalued dividend stocks to buy?
In the latest trading session, VALE S.A. (VALE) closed at $14.12, marking a +0.07% move from the previous day.
These are the blue-chip stocks to buy at undervalued levels for robust returns in the next 24 months.
VALE S.A. (VALE) closed the most recent trading day at $13.60, moving -0.66% from the previous trading session.
(Bloomberg) -- No. 2 iron ore miner Vale SA said the outlook for China’s steel-intensive property sector is “more encouraging” despite uncertainties, and reiterated its long-term view of the global steel market remains intact.Most Read from BloombergChina Slowdown Means It May Never Overtake US Economy, Forecast ShowsHuawei Teardown Shows Chip Breakthrough in Blow to US SanctionsReturn-to-Office Is a $1.3 Trillion Problem Few Have Figured OutBillion-Dollar Corporate Bond Deals Hit Treasuries: Ma
VALE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|