Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ): Price and Financial Metrics
VZ Stock Summary
- VZ has a higher market value than 99.38% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $229,087,905,832.
- Verizon Communications Inc's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.77% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, VZ is more volatile than merely 0.55% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Verizon Communications Inc are CMCSA, KO, T, TM, and NKE.
- VZ's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Verizon Communications Inc's official web site, go to www.verizon.com.
VZ Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VZ Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$54.98||52-week high||$61.95|
|Prev. close||$55.36||52-week low||$48.84|
|Day high||$55.52||Avg. volume||20,633,545|
|50-day MA||$56.90||Dividend yield||4.53%|
|200-day MA||$57.79||Market Cap||227.51B|
Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ) Company Bio
Verizon Communications provides communications, information and entertainment products and services to consumers, businesses and governmental agencies. Its segments include Wireless and Wireline. The company was founded in 1983 and is based in New York, New York.
VZ Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Verizon Communications Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Verizon Communications Inc ranked in the 59th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 26.17% on a DCF basis. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Verizon Communications Inc, consider:
- Verizon Communications Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than just 2.44% of tickers in our DCF set.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than merely 6.84% of stocks in its sector (Communication Services).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
VZ Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VZ Latest Social Stream
View Full VZ Social Stream
Latest VZ News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Verizon Communications Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VZ as an investment opportunity.
Verizon (VZ +0.9%) notes that along with Amazon Web Services and the NFL it debuted what it says is the first 5G and mobile edge compute-enabled mobile game, in-stadium at the Super Bowl last month. The NFL Ultra Toss game used augmented reality to ask fans in the stadium to...
Jonathan Boyar, Boyar Asset Management Principal & Portfolio Manager, joins Yahoo Finance’s Kristin Myers to reflect on Warren Buffett’s annual letter.
Whitney Tilson, Empire Financial Research founder and CEO, joins Yahoo Finance to discuss top takeaways from Warren Buffett’s annual letter to shareholders and Berkshire Hathaway’s valuation.
What you need to know: Verizon, AWS and the NFL debuted the first 5G and MEC-enabled mobile game for fans in-stadium at Super Bowl LV. With Verizon 5G Edge and AWS Wavelength, the gameplay was offloaded to the edge of Verizon’s 5G network reducing latency (or lag) and allowing for a massive multi-player experience in stadium. Verizon customers playing the game in-stadium had an enhanced gaming experience thanks to the super low latency and massive bandwidth provided by 5G Ultra Wideband and mobile edge compute. BASKING RIDGE, N.J., March 01, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Verizon, the NFL and AWS debuted the first 5G and mobile edge compute (MEC)-enabled mobile game for fans in-stadium at Super Bowl LV, called NFL Ultra Toss. Fans with the NFL Ticketholder app received a push notification dur...
If you like dividends but also want some business growth potential, IBM is well worth your attention.
VZ Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching VZWant to see what other sources are saying about Verizon Communications Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Verizon Communications Inc (VZ) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Verizon Communications Inc (VZ) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Verizon Communications Inc (VZ) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!