Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VZ POWR Grades
- VZ scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 90.44% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VZ is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 206 days.
- VZ ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 19th percentile.
VZ Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $243,477,377,497, Verizon Communications Inc has a greater market value than 99.46% of US stocks.
- VZ's went public 35.39 years ago, making it older than 92.9% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The volatility of Verizon Communications Inc's share price is greater than that of just 0.16% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Verizon Communications Inc are KO, XOM, T, BHP, and ASML.
- Visit VZ's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.verizon.com.
VZ Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VZ Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$58.69||52-week high||$61.95|
|Prev. close||$58.81||52-week low||$52.85|
|Day high||$59.26||Avg. volume||19,250,766|
|50-day MA||$57.58||Dividend yield||4.28%|
|200-day MA||$58.25||Market Cap||242.98B|
Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ) Company Bio
Verizon Communications provides communications, information and entertainment products and services to consumers, businesses and governmental agencies. Its segments include Wireless and Wireline. The company was founded in 1983 and is based in New York, New York.
VZ Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Verizon Communications Inc. To summarize, we found that Verizon Communications Inc ranked in the 60th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 21.33% on a DCF basis. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for VZ, they are:
- 57% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 21.23% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Verizon Communications Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than merely 1.9% of tickers in our DCF set.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than just 7.17% of stocks in its sector (Communication Services).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
VZ Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VZ Latest Social Stream
View Full VZ Social Stream
Latest VZ News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Verizon Communications Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VZ as an investment opportunity.
RETIREMENT WEEKLY From MarketWatch: Seniors say this one thing — by far — is the definition of a life well-lived: It has less to do with money than you may think. Retirement account balances hit record levels amid uncertainty: The pandemic may have changed some Americans’ plans, but people are continuing to save for the future.
NEW YORK, May 14, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) today announced that it will redeem the following outstanding notes (the “Notes”) on June 15, 2021 (the “Redemption Date”): CUSIP Number Title of Note PrincipalAmountOutstanding PrincipalAmount to beRedeemed92346MFJ592346MFF392346MFG192346MFM892346MFP192346MFR792346MFT392346MGF292346MGB192346MGD792346MDK492346MDD092346MEM992346MEP292346MEK392346MFV892346MFZ992346MFX492346MAN192346MAJ092346MAE1 2.000% Verizon InterNotes® due August 15, 20242.000% Verizon InterNotes® due August 15, 20242.600% Verizon InterNotes® due August 15, 20292.350% Verizon InterNotes® due September 15, 20292.600% Verizon InterNotes® due September 15, 20292.600% Verizon InterNotes® due October 15, 20292.600% Verizon InterNotes® ...
We discuss seven hot stocks to buy that could gain traction in the rest of the year
Danaher Corporation (NYSE: DHR) announced today that it has appointed A. Shane Sanders to its Board of Directors and to its Audit Committee. This addition expands the size of Danaher's Board from twelve to thirteen members.
NEW YORK, May 13, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) has announced preliminary results of the shareholder vote at its annual meeting, which was held today in a virtual-only format. Verizon’s shareholders elected each of Verizon’s nine directors to a one-year term. Shareholders also voted in favor of two management proposals: Approved the compensation of the company’s named executive officers as described in the 2021 proxy statement, andRatified the appointment of Ernst & Young LLP as the company’s independent registered public accounting firm. All three shareholder proposals were defeated: shareholder right to act by written consent; amend executive compensation clawback policy; and shareholder ratification of annual equity awards. Vote tallies are c...
VZ Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching VZWant to see what other sources are saying about Verizon Communications Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Verizon Communications Inc (VZ) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Verizon Communications Inc (VZ) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Verizon Communications Inc (VZ) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch