Wayfair Inc. (W): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
W POWR Grades
- W scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 36.69% of US stocks.
- W's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- W's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 3.15% of US stocks).
W Stock Summary
- Wayfair Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than merely 1.7% of US listed stocks.
- W's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of only 3.33% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Wayfair Inc is reporting a growth rate of -127.86%; that's higher than merely 14.62% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Wayfair Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be CLBK, G, NOV, WHG, and MSGE.
- Visit W's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.wayfair.com.
W Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, W's price/earnings ratio is 115.13% higher, now standing at 83.9.
- Over the past 84 months, W's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 116.5.
- W's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.8 over the prior 84 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for W.
W Growth Metrics
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 19.63%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 84.19%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -1069.31%.
The table below shows W's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
W's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- W has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 73.6% of graded US stocks.
- W's asset turnover comes in at 3.195 -- ranking 9th of 165 Retail stocks.
- NSIT, DG, and URBN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with W.
The table below shows W's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
W Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
W Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$45.32||52-week high||$317.45|
|Prev. close||$43.56||52-week low||$43.31|
|Day high||$46.36||Avg. volume||3,109,404|
|50-day MA||$59.55||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$156.38||Market Cap||4.77B|
Wayfair Inc. (W) Company Bio
Wayfair engages in an e-commerce business in the United States, offering a range of furniture, home furnishings, decor and goods. The company was founded in 2002 and is based in Boston, Massachusetts.
Most Popular Stories View All
W Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
W Latest Social Stream
View Full W Social Stream
Latest W News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Wayfair Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate W as an investment opportunity.
Wayfair stock fell as the e-commerce retailer of home furnishings reported quarterly earnings that fell short of estimates.
Shares of Wayfair (NYSE: W) fell Thursday morning after the home-furnishings e-commerce company posted its fourth-quarter earnings report, but were back in the green by the afternoon. As of 2:41 p.m. ET, Wayfair was up by 3.9% as tech stocks rallied later in the session. Wayfair's revenue continued to decline on a year-over-year basis as it lapped the sales boom it experienced during the first year of the pandemic, when Americans were adapting to work-from-home and learn-from-home conditions.
The Boston retailer is once again experimenting with physical retail stores, announcing a "larger store concept" for next year after ending its latest quarter with declining revenues and another net loss.
The online home-furnishings retailer reported a quarterly loss more than twice as big as expected, while the number of orders plunged year over year.
Wayfair (W) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -33.33% and 1.15%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
W Price Returns