Westport Fuel Systems Inc (WPRT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WPRT POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where WPRT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 63.76% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for WPRT is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- WPRT ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 8th percentile.
WPRT Stock Summary
- As for revenue growth, note that WPRT's revenue has grown 0.63% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of only 19.14% of US companies in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, WPRT is more volatile than 91.09% of stocks we're observing.
- Westport Fuel Systems Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -37.96%, greater than the shareholder yield of only 11.03% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Westport Fuel Systems Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be EVOL, VJET, SOFO, NEON, and OSPN.
- Visit WPRT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.wfsinc.com.
WPRT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, WPRT's price/sales ratio is 29.03% lower, now standing at 2.2.
- WPRT's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 63.7 over the prior 159 months.
- WPRT's price/earnings ratio has moved up 76.8 over the prior 159 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WPRT.
WPRT Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -31.71%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 52.2%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 85%.
The table below shows WPRT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WPRT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WPRT has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 32.09% of graded US stocks.
- WPRT's asset turnover comes in at 0.835 -- ranking 34th of 104 Machinery stocks.
- GRC, MTW, and CAT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WPRT.
The table below shows WPRT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WPRT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WPRT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1.01||52-week high||$5.32|
|Prev. close||$1.01||52-week low||$0.95|
|Day high||$1.02||Avg. volume||1,773,606|
|50-day MA||$1.17||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$2.04||Market Cap||172.70M|
Westport Fuel Systems Inc (WPRT) Company Bio
Westport Innovations Inc. provides low-emission engine and fuel system technologies utilizing gaseous fuels. The company was founded in 1995 and is based in Vancouver, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
WPRT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WPRT Latest Social Stream
View Full WPRT Social Stream
Latest WPRT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Westport Fuel Systems Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WPRT as an investment opportunity.
Westport Fuel Systems to Announce Fourth-Quarter and Full-Year 2021 Financial Results on Monday, March 14, 2022
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Feb. 22, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Westport Fuel Systems Inc. (TSX/ Nasdaq: WPRT) will disclose its fourth-quarter and full-year 2021 financial results on Monday, March 14, 2022, after market close. Westport Fuel Systems’ Management will host a call to review the financial results on Tuesday, March 15, 2022, at 10:00 am EST | 7:00 am PT. Live Conference Call & WebcastThe general public can access the conference call by telephone by dialing 1-800-319-4610 (Canada & USA
Westport Fuel Systems to Participate in Water Tower Research Fireside Chat Event February 24, 2022 at 2:00pm ET
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Feb. 17, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Westport Fuel Systems Inc. (“Westport Fuel Systems” or the “Company”) (TSX:WPRT / Nasdaq:WPRT) today announced David Johnson, CEO of Westport Fuel Systems, will have a Fireside Chat discussion with research analysts Graham Mattison and Shawn Severson of Water Tower Research on Thursday, February 24 at 2:00pm ET (11:00am PT). The presentation is open to anyone, and will be webcast live and be available for replay by visiting Westport
H.C. Wainwright analyst Amit Dayal maintained a Buy rating on Westport Fuel Systems (WPRT – Research Report) today and set a price target of $12.00. The company's shares closed last Monday at $1.92, close to its 52-week low of $1.66. According to TipRanks.com, Dayal is a top 100 analyst with an average return of 51.9% and a 44.7% success rate. Dayal covers the Industrial Goods sector, focusing on stocks such as TOMI Environmental Solutions, Pioneer Power Solutions, and Renovare Environmental. Currently, the analyst consensus on Westport Fuel Systems is a Moderate Buy with an average price target of $12.00.
Cummins Inc. (NYSE: CMI) has agreed to acquire the remaining stake in the former Cummins Westport Joint Venture from Westport Fuel Systems Inc. (NASDAQ: WPRT). Financial terms were not disclosed. CMI will operate the business as the sole owner. The Cummins Westport Inc. joint venture agreement terminated effective December 31, 2021. Cummins will also buy Westport’s interest in the intellectual property developed by the JV in support of the JV’s spark-ignited engines, with proceeds to Westport of
Cummins to Purchase Remaining Shares in the Former Cummins Westport Joint Venture from Westport Fuel Systems
COLUMBUS, Ind. & VANCOUVER, British Columbia, February 07, 2022--Cummins Inc. (NYSE: CMI) and Westport Fuel Systems Inc. ("Westport") (TSX:WPRT | Nasdaq:WPRT) have agreed to a share purchase agreement for the sale of Westport’s stake in the Cummins Westport Joint Venture ("JV") with CMI continuing to operate the business as the sole owner. As previously reported, the Cummins Westport Inc. joint venture agreement terminated effective December 31, 2021.
WPRT Price Returns
Continue Researching WPRTWant to see what other sources are saying about Westport Fuel Systems Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Westport Fuel Systems Inc (WPRT) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Westport Fuel Systems Inc (WPRT) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Westport Fuel Systems Inc (WPRT) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch