Genesco Inc. (GCO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GCO POWR Grades
- GCO scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 97.08% of US stocks.
- GCO's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- GCO ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 22nd percentile.
GCO Stock Summary
- GCO's went public 36.27 years ago, making it older than 92.84% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Genesco Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 96.57% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Genesco Inc is reporting a growth rate of -245.21%; that's higher than merely 7.96% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Genesco Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be SPWH, TTSH, UTI, BGFV, and FOSL.
- GCO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Genesco Inc's official web site, go to www.genesco.com.
GCO Valuation Summary
- GCO's price/sales ratio is 0.5; this is 83.87% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- GCO's price/earnings ratio has moved down 4.7 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, GCO's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GCO.
GCO Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at -34.21%.
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 176.24%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 3.3%.
The table below shows GCO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GCO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GCO has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.39% of graded US stocks.
- GCO's asset turnover comes in at 1.372 -- ranking 89th of 165 Retail stocks.
- FAST, TTSH, and WMT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GCO.
The table below shows GCO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GCO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GCO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$50.96||52-week high||$73.72|
|Prev. close||$55.34||52-week low||$50.01|
|Day high||$54.17||Avg. volume||184,952|
|50-day MA||$64.21||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$63.27||Market Cap||695.96M|
Genesco Inc. (GCO) Company Bio
Genesco Inc. engages in the retail and wholesale of footwear, apparel, and accessories. The company operates in five segments: Journeys Group, Schuh Group, Lids Sports Group, Johnston & Murphy Group, and Licensed Brands. The company was founded in 1924 and is based in Nashville, Tennessee.
Most Popular Stories View All
GCO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GCO Latest Social Stream
View Full GCO Social Stream
Latest GCO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Genesco Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GCO as an investment opportunity.
Jack in the Box's (JACK) first-quarter fiscal 2022 results benefit from robust company restaurant sales.
GENESCO INC. TO REPORT FOURTH QUARTER FISCAL 2022 RESULTS AND HOLD CONFERENCE CALL ON MARCH 10, 2022
Genesco Inc. (NYSE: GCO) today announced that the Company will report results for the fourth quarter fiscal 2022 on March 10, 2022, before the market opens, and hold its quarterly earnings conference call at 7:30 a.m. (central) the same day.
Cracker Barrel's (CBRL) second-quarter fiscal 2022 top line reflects benefits from improvement in restaurant and retail comparable store sales.
Genesco Inc. with ticker code (GCO) now have 3 analysts covering the stock with the consensus suggesting a rating of ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 79 and 67 with a mean TP of 72.67. Given that the stocks previous close was at 65.21 this indicates there is a potential upside of 11.4%. There is a 50 day moving average of 63.01 and the 200 day moving average is 60.86. The company has a market cap of $990m. Find out more information at: https://www.genesco.com [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="GCO" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] The potential market cap would be $1,103m based on the market concensus. Genesco Inc. operates as a retailer and wholesaler of footwear, apparel, and accessories. The company operates through four segments: J...
Genesco Inc. with ticker code (GCO) now have 3 analysts covering the stock. The analyst consensus points to a rating of ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 79 and 67 calculating the average target price we see 72.67. With the stocks previous close at 66.42 this now indicates there is a potential upside of 9.4%. The day 50 moving average is 62.55 and the 200 moving average now moves to 60.44. The market cap for the company is $1,001m. You can visit the company''s website by visiting: https://www.genesco.com [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="GCO" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] The potential market cap would be $1,095m based on the market concensus. Genesco Inc. operates as a retailer and wholesaler of footwear, apparel, and accessories. ...
GCO Price Returns