Shoe Carnival, Inc. (SCVL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SCVL POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where SCVL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 83.35% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SCVL is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- SCVL ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 16th percentile.
SCVL Stock Summary
- SCVL's current price/earnings ratio is 4.8, which is higher than merely 12.16% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of SHOE CARNIVAL INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.55% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.46, SHOE CARNIVAL INC has a higher such ratio than merely 15.94% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SCVL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are LZB, ZUMZ, MOV, HVT, and WEYS.
- Visit SCVL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.shoecarnival.com.
SCVL Valuation Summary
- SCVL's price/sales ratio is 0.5; this is 28.57% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- SCVL's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SCVL.
SCVL Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -55.07%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -41.1%.
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at -7.03%.
The table below shows SCVL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SCVL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SCVL has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 93.25% of graded US stocks.
- SCVL's asset turnover comes in at 1.699 -- ranking 63rd of 165 Retail stocks.
- AAP, RH, and ORLY are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SCVL.
The table below shows SCVL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SCVL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SCVL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$22.30||52-week high||$46.21|
|Prev. close||$22.51||52-week low||$19.42|
|Day high||$22.45||Avg. volume||347,774|
|50-day MA||$23.27||Dividend yield||1.6%|
|200-day MA||$28.36||Market Cap||615.79M|
Shoe Carnival, Inc. (SCVL) Company Bio
Shoe Carnival is a footwear retailer in the United States, providing various dress, casual, and athletic footwear products for men, women, and children. The company was founded in 1978 and is based in Evansville, Indiana.
Most Popular Stories View All
SCVL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SCVL Latest Social Stream
View Full SCVL Social Stream
Latest SCVL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SHOE CARNIVAL INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SCVL as an investment opportunity.
EVANSVILLE, Ind., September 23, 2022--Shoe Carnival, Inc. (Nasdaq: SCVL) (the "Company"), a leading retailer of footwear and accessories for the family, announced today that its Board of Directors has approved the payment of a quarterly cash dividend.
Does the September share price for Shoe Carnival, Inc. ( NASDAQ:SCVL ) reflect what it's really worth? Today, we will...
In some cases, companies reported weak sales due to softening demand in non-discretionary categories amid a highly inflationary environment.
Stocks are expanding on their morning gains this afternoon.
Shares of Shoe Carnival (NASDAQ: SCVL) were climbing higher today after the footwear retailer posted strong results in its second-quarter earnings report. Shoe Carnival reported revenue of $312.3 million, which was up 16.4% from Q2 2019, the equivalent pre-pandemic period, but down 6% from the quarter a year ago, as the company is operating in a more difficult macroeconomic environment. The retailer also held onto much of the profitability gains it made during the pandemic as gross margin was 36.2%, compared to 30.6% in Q2 2019, and operating margin came in at 12.4%, more than double the 5.8% it had in Q2 2019.
SCVL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|