Alcoa Corp. (AA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AA POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where AA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.58% of US stocks.
- AA's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- AA's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 19.11% of US stocks).
AA Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Alcoa Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 7.94% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 64.21%, Alcoa Corp's debt growth rate surpasses 87.8% of about US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Alcoa Corp is reporting a growth rate of -174.47%; that's higher than only 11.67% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Alcoa Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be DXC, VRRM, USFD, ARNC, and CLR.
- Visit AA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.alcoa.com.
AA Valuation Summary
- AA's price/sales ratio is 0.7; this is 58.82% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 58 months, AA's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.3.
- Over the past 58 months, AA's price/earnings ratio has gone down 92.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AA.
AA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$40.15||52-week high||$44.42|
|Prev. close||$39.37||52-week low||$10.98|
|Day high||$40.66||Avg. volume||7,170,852|
|50-day MA||$36.69||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$28.03||Market Cap||7.50B|
Alcoa Corp. (AA) Company Bio
Alcoa Corp is an integrated aluminum company and engages in aluminum production from bauxite mining to the manufacturing of finished aluminum goods. It serves finished aluminum goods to a wide-variety of industrial end markets including the automotive, building and construction, electrical, industrial, and transportation industries. Alcoa was founded in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania by Charles Martin Hall in 1888 under the company’s original name, The Pittsburgh Reduction Company. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, the company has global operations in several countries around the world including Australia, Brazil, Canada, Guinea, Hungary, Iceland, The Netherlands, Norway, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Suriname, and the United States. Roy Harvey serves as President and Chief Executive Officer and the company has approximately 13,000 employees worldwide, as of 2020.
AA Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for AA, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Alcoa Corp ranked in the 42th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 37.83%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Alcoa Corp ended up being:
- In the past 4.85 years, Alcoa Corp has a compound free cash flow growth rate of 0.02%; that's better than only 24.49% of cash flow producing equities in the Basic Materials sector, where it is classified.
- Alcoa Corp's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 41 -- greater than 93.56% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
AA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AA Latest Social Stream
View Full AA Social Stream
Latest AA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Alcoa Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AA as an investment opportunity.
Most of the names on this list of stocks to sell are companies with a good future.
Global aluminium production growth ground to a halt in the second quarter of this year even as prices rallied to multi-year highs on both London and Shanghai markets. China, the world's largest producer, continued to lift operating rates, unsurprisingly given Shanghai prices hit an 11-year high in June and the country's demand has been running red hot. However, the supply response to super-high prices has been muted by past standards, attesting to a string of power-related constraints on smelters in several Chinese provinces.
During earnings season, one often gets to see glaring examples of how irrational the stock markets can be. Alcoa reported its second-quarter numbers on July 15 after market close. It was the company's strongest quarter since 2016, when it became an independent upstream aluminum company after the-then Alcoa split into two.
Kaiser Aluminum (KALU) is down 9.46% after reporting net loss of $22M for Q221 vs $6.6M in Q220.Q2 Non-GAAP EPS of $1.00 missed estimates by $0.02, but GAAP EPS of $1.42 exceeded estimates by $0.40 and revenue grew 168.5% Y/Y to $741M, also exceeding estimates by $266.98M.Revenue was buoyed by $318M in...
The aluminum stock's second-quarter earnings failed to impress, but the market could have missed the good points.
AA Price Returns