Alcoa Corp. (AA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AA POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where AA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 79.27% of US stocks.
- AA's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- AA's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 5.05% of US stocks).
AA Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 155.16, ALCOA CORP is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 85.44% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of ALCOA CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 3.54% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for AA comes in at 8.47% -- higher than that of 82.4% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AA, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are KRG, PTEN, GSAT, TIPT, and VST.
- AA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit ALCOA CORP's official web site, go to www.alcoa.com.
AA Valuation Summary
- AA's price/earnings ratio is -70.3; this is 700.85% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 73 months, AA's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AA.
AA Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 93.47%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 237.62%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 24.57%.
The table below shows AA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AA has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.75% of graded US stocks.
- AA's asset turnover comes in at 0.767 -- ranking 27th of 40 Steel Works Etc stocks.
- SYNL, BWEN, and FRD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AA.
The table below shows AA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$50.39||52-week high||$98.09|
|Prev. close||$49.10||52-week low||$33.55|
|Day high||$50.58||Avg. volume||7,232,203|
|50-day MA||$41.88||Dividend yield||0.79%|
|200-day MA||$56.91||Market Cap||8.92B|
Alcoa Corp. (AA) Company Bio
Alcoa Corp is an integrated aluminum company and engages in aluminum production from bauxite mining to the manufacturing of finished aluminum goods. It serves finished aluminum goods to a wide-variety of industrial end markets including the automotive, building and construction, electrical, industrial, and transportation industries. Alcoa was founded in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania by Charles Martin Hall in 1888 under the company’s original name, The Pittsburgh Reduction Company. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, the company has global operations in several countries around the world including Australia, Brazil, Canada, Guinea, Hungary, Iceland, The Netherlands, Norway, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Suriname, and the United States. Roy Harvey serves as President and Chief Executive Officer and the company has approximately 13,000 employees worldwide, as of 2020.
Most Popular Stories View All
AA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AA Latest Social Stream
View Full AA Social Stream
Latest AA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ALCOA CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AA as an investment opportunity.
In this article, we discuss the top 10 stock picks of Robert Bishop’s Impala Asset Management as of the end of the third quarter of 2021 and assess their performance over the past 12 months. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of the hedge fund, its investment philosophy, and hedge fund performance, go […]
In the latest trading session, Alcoa (AA) closed at $47.89, marking a -1.28% move from the previous day.
In the wake of Alcoa Corporation's (NYSE:AA) latest US$281m market cap drop, institutional owners may be forced to take severe actions
If you want to know who really controls Alcoa Corporation ( NYSE:AA ), then you'll have to look at the makeup of its...
U.S.-based aluminium producer Alcoa supports an idea proposed last week by Russian producer Rusal for the London Metal Exchange to provide details about the origin of all metal in LME approved warehouses. Aluminium producer Rusal and Russian metal have not been directly targeted by sanctions imposed on Russia after it invaded Ukraine in February.
(Bloomberg) -- The London Metal Exchange decided against a ban on new deliveries of Russian metal, in a blow to big western aluminum producers and some traders who had lobbied the exchange to take action.Most Read from BloombergChina Plans Property Rescue as Xi Surprises With Policy ShiftsFTX Latest: Dim Picture for Customers; Criminal Probe Possible‘It’s All Gone’: FTX Bankruptcy Has Retail Traders Bracing for LossesFTX’s Balance Sheet, Hack Paint Dim Picture for User RecoveryDemocrats Defy His
AA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|