Alcoa Corp. (AA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AA POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where AA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.67% of US stocks.
- AA's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- AA ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 18th percentile.
AA Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Alcoa Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 5.46% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -29.94%, Alcoa Corp's debt growth rate surpasses only 13.84% of about US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, AA has reported earnings growth of 668.71%, putting it ahead of 96.86% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AA, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CLR, PDCE, EQT, RGLD, and MRO.
- AA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Alcoa Corp's official web site, go to www.alcoa.com.
AA Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, AA's EV/EBIT ratio is 30.92% lower, now standing at 10.5.
- Over the past 59 months, AA's price/earnings ratio has gone up 25.4.
- Over the past 59 months, AA's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 30.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AA.
AA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AA has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.75% of graded US stocks.
- AA's asset turnover comes in at 0.767 -- ranking 27th of 40 Steel Works Etc stocks.
- SYNL, BWEN, and FRD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AA.
The table below shows AA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$44.87||52-week high||$98.09|
|Prev. close||$47.62||52-week low||$31.00|
|Day high||$46.59||Avg. volume||7,560,396|
|50-day MA||$59.55||Dividend yield||0.84%|
|200-day MA||$61.61||Market Cap||8.28B|
Alcoa Corp. (AA) Company Bio
Alcoa Corp is an integrated aluminum company and engages in aluminum production from bauxite mining to the manufacturing of finished aluminum goods. It serves finished aluminum goods to a wide-variety of industrial end markets including the automotive, building and construction, electrical, industrial, and transportation industries. Alcoa was founded in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania by Charles Martin Hall in 1888 under the company’s original name, The Pittsburgh Reduction Company. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, the company has global operations in several countries around the world including Australia, Brazil, Canada, Guinea, Hungary, Iceland, The Netherlands, Norway, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Suriname, and the United States. Roy Harvey serves as President and Chief Executive Officer and the company has approximately 13,000 employees worldwide, as of 2020.
Most Popular Stories View All
AA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AA Latest Social Stream
View Full AA Social Stream
Latest AA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Alcoa Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AA as an investment opportunity.
Aluminum producers including Alcoa (AA -5.2%), Century Aluminum (CENX -2.8%) and Kaiser Aluminum (KALU -11.2%) plunge following a Bloomberg report that President Biden will hold off for now on sanctions against Russia that could disrupt global aluminum supplies; Also lower: ARNC -7.8%, CSTM -4.2%. White House officials have met with...
AA, TSE, and ASIX made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) momentum stocks list on February 24, 2022
PITTSBURGH, February 24, 2022--Alcoa Corporation (NYSE: AA) today announced that its Board of Directors has declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.10 per share of the Company’s common stock, to be paid on March 24, 2022 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on March 8, 2022.
ASIX, AA, ACGL, RE, and TSE have been added to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) List on February 24, 2022.
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
AA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|