AbbVie Inc. (ABBV): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ABBV POWR Grades
- ABBV scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 87.55% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ABBV is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- ABBV's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 11.83% of US stocks).
ABBV Stock Summary
- ABBV has a higher market value than 99.05% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $209,385,657,933.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 10.57 for AbbVie Inc; that's greater than it is for 92.06% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, ABBV is more volatile than merely 9.12% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to AbbVie Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be PEP, WFC, MRK, VZ, and TMO.
- ABBV's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit AbbVie Inc's official web site, go to www.abbvie.com.
ABBV Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, ABBV's price/sales ratio is 64.56% lower, now standing at 4.2.
- Over the past 104 months, ABBV's price/earnings ratio has gone up 24.3.
- ABBV's price/sales ratio has moved up 1 over the prior 104 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ABBV.
ABBV Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 182.78%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 55.43%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 25.92%.
The table below shows ABBV's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ABBV Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ABBV Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$116.30||52-week high||$119.15|
|Prev. close||$118.87||52-week low||$79.11|
|Day high||$119.15||Avg. volume||6,827,121|
|50-day MA||$115.26||Dividend yield||4.47%|
|200-day MA||$107.21||Market Cap||205.41B|
AbbVie Inc. (ABBV) Company Bio
Abbvie develops and markets therapies that address a range of diseases. The Company's products are focused on treating conditions, such as chronic autoimmune diseases, including rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis and Crohn's disease, hepatitis C, human immunodeficiency virus, endometriosis, thyroid disease, Parkinson's disease, complications associated with chronic kidney disease and cystic fibrosis, and other health conditions, such as low testosterone. The company was founded in 2012 and is based in North Chicago, Illinois.
ABBV Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for AbbVie Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that AbbVie Inc ranked in the 72th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for ABBV, they are:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 71. Notably, its equity weight is greater than only 17.9% of US equities in the Healthcare sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- AbbVie Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 12.76% of tickers in our DCF set.
- AbbVie Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
ABBV Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ABBV Latest Social Stream
View Full ABBV Social Stream
Latest ABBV News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AbbVie Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ABBV as an investment opportunity.
ABBV earnings call for the period ending June 30, 2021.
AbbVie stock fell Friday after the pharma company reported adjusted earnings of $3.11 per share on $13.96 billion in second-quarter sales. On average, analysts polled by FactSet expected AbbVie to earn $3.
AbbVie (ABBV) matches second-quarter 2021 earnings estimates while beating the same for sales. Sales of new immunology drugs, Skyrizi and Rinvoq, reach $1 billion.
Let's take a look at two S&P 500 companies that offer approximately triple the yield of the index. Based on the 27% drop-off in Humira's international revenue, from $1.3 billion in 2018 (biosimilars hit the market late that year) to $948 million in 2019, it's reasonable to expect that the drug's U.S. revenue will experience a similar plunge in 2023, followed by smaller, steadier revenue declines in 2024 and beyond. The good news for AbbVie is that the company is more than ready to make up for Humira's revenue declines with its other two blockbuster immunology drugs, Rinvoq and Skyrizi.
Pfizer (PFE), Merck (MRK) and others announce Q2 results. FDA approves AbbVie's (ABBV) new antibiotic injection and expands use of Merck's Keytruda and Glaxo's Shingrix and Nucala.
ABBV Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|