Abiomed Inc. (ABMD): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ABMD POWR Grades
- ABMD scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 98.92% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ABMD is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 26 weeks.
- ABMD ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 14th percentile.
ABMD Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for ABMD is currently 67.9, higher than 94% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for ABIOMED INC is higher than it is for about just 0.51% of US stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 15.87, ABIOMED INC has a higher such ratio than 93.47% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to ABIOMED INC, a group of peers worth examining would be HZNP, NTCT, AMSWA, CGNX, and PCTI.
- ABMD's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit ABIOMED INC's official web site, go to www.abiomed.com.
ABMD Valuation Summary
- ABMD's price/sales ratio is 15.9; this is 695% higher than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- Over the past 243 months, ABMD's price/sales ratio has gone up 12.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ABMD.
ABMD Growth Metrics
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at -15.8%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at 87.04%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 102.83%.
The table below shows ABMD's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ABMD's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ABMD has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.73% of graded US stocks.
- ABMD's asset turnover comes in at 0.659 -- ranking 58th of 186 Medical Equipment stocks.
- INGN, KIDS, and ATRC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ABMD.
The table below shows ABMD's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ABMD Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ABMD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$380.75||52-week high||$381.99|
|Prev. close||$377.79||52-week low||$219.85|
|Day high||$381.80||Avg. volume||485,853|
|50-day MA||$320.96||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$287.99||Market Cap||17.17B|
Abiomed Inc. (ABMD) Company Bio
Abiomed is a publicly-traded medical device technology company that develops and manufactures temporary external and implantable mechanical circulatory support devices. The company is headquartered in Danvers, Massachusetts with additional offices in Woburn, Baltimore, Berlin, Aachen, and Tokyo. Michael R. Minogue is Chairman, CEO & President of the company, with Dr. Thorsten Siess as Chief Technology Officer and Dr. Chuck Simonton as Chief Medical Officer. According to Bloomberg, the company "engages in the research, development, and sale of medical devices to assist or replace the pumping function of the failing heart. It also provides continuum of care to heart failure patients". As of 2022, the company had secured five FDA approvals and 1,408 patents with 1,416 pending. For fiscal year 2022, Abiomed reported $1.032 billion in revenue and reported diluted earnings per share was $2.98 for the year. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
ABMD Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ABMD Latest Social Stream
View Full ABMD Social Stream
Latest ABMD News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ABIOMED INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ABMD as an investment opportunity.
DANVERS, Mass., December 05, 2022--Abiomed announces the first three patients in the world have been treated with Impella RP Flex with SmartAssist.
Abiomed (ABMD) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Most S&P 500 investors got a little gain this month. But investors willing to look off the beaten path found huge gains.
Investors remain optimistic about Abiomed (ABMD) due to strength in its Impella product line.
Abiomed (NASDAQ: ABMD ) has outperformed the market over the past 15 years by 18.87% on an annualized basis producing an average annual return of 25.88%. Currently, Abiomed has a market capitalization of $17.04 billion. Buying $1000 In ABMD: If an … Full story available on Benzinga.com
ABMD Price Returns