AES Corp. (AES): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AES POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where AES ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.04% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AES is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 26 weeks.
- AES ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 20th percentile.
AES Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of AES CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 7.47% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for AES CORP is higher than it is for about 96.97% of US stocks.
- AES's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 93.7% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to AES CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be BEP, FE, FLNG, INTG, and ETRN.
- AES's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit AES CORP's official web site, go to www.aes.com.
AES Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, AES's price/earnings ratio is 423.26% lower, now standing at -69.5.
- Over the past 243 months, AES's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 35.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AES.
AES Growth Metrics
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 6.69%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 14.99%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -28.53%.
The table below shows AES's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AES's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AES has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 24.86% of graded US stocks.
- AES's asset turnover comes in at 0.301 -- ranking 14th of 14 Almost Nothing stocks.
- CVA, PESI, and SRCL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AES.
The table below shows AES's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AES Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AES Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$28.34||52-week high||$29.61|
|Prev. close||$27.98||52-week low||$18.62|
|Day high||$28.97||Avg. volume||5,413,973|
|50-day MA||$26.26||Dividend yield||2.22%|
|200-day MA||$23.65||Market Cap||18.93B|
AES Corp. (AES) Company Bio
The AES Corporation is an American utility and power generation company. It owns and operates power plants, which it uses to generate and sell electricity to end users and intermediaries like utilities and industrial facilities. AES is headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, and is one of the world's leading power companies, generating and distributing electric power in 15 countries and employing 10,500 people worldwide. AES Corporation is a global Fortune 500 power company. AES Ranks in the Top Ten of Fast Company's 2022 Best Workplaces for Innovators. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
AES Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AES Latest Social Stream
View Full AES Social Stream
Latest AES News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AES CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AES as an investment opportunity.
ARLINGTON, Va., Dec. 2, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors of The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES) approved an increase of 5% in the Company''s quarterly common stock dividend, from $0.1580 per share to $0.1659 per share, beginning in the first quarter of 2023. The Company''s first…
The AES Corporation found using ticker (AES) have now 11 analysts covering the stock. The analyst consensus points to a rating of ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 33 and 26 with the average target price sitting at 29.55. With the stocks previous close at 28.48 this indicates there is a potential upside of 3.8%. There is a 50 day moving average of 25.58 and the 200 day MA is 23.34. The market cap for the company is $19,110m. Company Website: https://www.aes.com [stock_market_widget type="chart" template="basic" color="green" assets="AES" range="6mo" interval="1d" axes="true" cursor="true" api="yf"] The potential market cap would be $19,828m based on the market concensus. The AES Corporation operates as a diversified power generation and utility company. It owns and/or operates po...
Does the November share price for The AES Corporation ( NYSE:AES ) reflect what it's really worth? Today, we will...
OLDWICK, N.J., November 23, 2022--AM Best has upgraded the Financial Strength Rating to A (Excellent) from A- (Excellent) and the Long-Term Issuer Credit Rating to "a" (Excellent) from "a-" (Excellent) of AES Global Insurance Company (AGIC) (Burlington, VT). The outlook of these Credit Ratings (ratings) is stable.
The following slide deck was published by The AES Corporation in conjunction with their 2022 Q3 earnings call.
AES Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|