AES Corp. (AES): Price and Financial Metrics
AES Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$20.09||52-week high||$29.89|
|Prev. close||$20.41||52-week low||$18.62|
|Day high||$20.53||Avg. volume||5,148,632|
|50-day MA||$22.44||Dividend yield||3.3%|
|200-day MA||$25.18||Market Cap||13.45B|
AES Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AES POWR Grades
- AES scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 86.48% of US stocks.
- AES's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- AES's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 10.59% of US stocks).
AES Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of AES CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 4.2% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for AES CORP is higher than it is for about 94.71% of US stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 13.53 for AES CORP; that's greater than it is for 95.02% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to AES CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be BEP, BEPC, HESM, CWEN, and CMS.
- Visit AES's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.aes.com.
AES Valuation Summary
- AES's EV/EBIT ratio is 38.7; this is 75.91% higher than that of the median Utilities stock.
- AES's price/earnings ratio has moved down 26.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AES.
AES Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -20.08%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -29.44%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 29.04%.
The table below shows AES's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AES's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AES has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 24.86% of graded US stocks.
- AES's asset turnover comes in at 0.301 -- ranking 14th of 14 Almost Nothing stocks.
- CVA, PESI, and SRCL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AES.
The table below shows AES's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AES Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of AES, see our AES price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$30.06||Average Broker Recommendation||1.35 (Strong Buy)|
AES Corp. (AES) Company Bio
The AES Corporation is an American utility and power generation company. It owns and operates power plants, which it uses to generate and sell electricity to end users and intermediaries like utilities and industrial facilities. AES is headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, and is one of the world's leading power companies, generating and distributing electric power in 15 countries and employing 10,500 people worldwide. AES Corporation is a global Fortune 500 power company. AES Ranks in the Top Ten of Fast Company's 2022 Best Workplaces for Innovators. (Source:Wikipedia)
AES Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AES Latest Social Stream
View Full AES Social Stream
Latest AES News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AES CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AES as an investment opportunity.
AES Acquires US' Largest Permitted Solar-Plus-Storage Project
AES recently acquired a 2GW solar-plus-storage project, Bellefield, in California. one of the largest permitted solar-plus-storage projects in the United States.
Why AES (AES) is a Top Value Stock for the Long-Term
Wondering how to pick strong, market-beating stocks for your investment portfolio? Look no further than the Zacks Style Scores.
AES and LineVision Partner on Grid Enhancing Technologies Study
The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES) and LineVision, Inc., today announced the launch of a joint project to assess how Grid Enhancing Technologies (GETs) may increase transmission capacity on the existing power grid. Through this pilot, the companies will gather data using Dynamic Line Ratings (DLR) to evaluate how LineVision can optimally integrate power from renewable energy sources. The study is being launched this month and will conclude before the end of the year.
AES Acquires Largest Permitted Solar-Plus-Storage Project in the United States
The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES) today announced the acquisition of the 2 GW Bellefield project, which is currently in late-stage development, and is the largest permitted solar-plus-storage project in the United States. The project, located in Kern County, California, where AES1 already has significant operations, includes two phases, each with 500 MW of solar and up to 500 MW of four-hour duration battery energy storage. The project represents a significant step in accelerating California's com
AES Acquires Large Solar Plant Development in California
(Bloomberg) -- AES Corp., an electric utility that’s been phasing out of coal and expanding in renewables, is acquiring a major solar plant under construction in California. Most Read from BloombergGeorge Santos Loses Bid to Shield the People Who Guaranteed His $500,000 BailDam Destroyed in the Dead of Night Upstages Ukraine’s CounteroffensiveThese Are the World’s 20 Most Expensive Cities for Expats in 2023PGA Tour Bows to Saudi Rival in Shock Combination With LIV GolfUkraine Dam Blast Blamed on
AES Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AESWant to see what other sources are saying about Aes Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Aes Corp (AES) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Aes Corp (AES) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Aes Corp (AES) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...