AES Corp. (AES): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AES POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where AES ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.52% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AES is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- AES's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 13.94% of US stocks).
AES Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Aes Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 5.06% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Aes Corp is higher than it is for about 93.53% of US stocks.
- AES's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 95.35% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Aes Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be BEP, CZR, ADS, IGT, and BPYU.
- Visit AES's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.aes.com.
AES Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, AES's price/sales ratio is 39.29% lower, now standing at 1.7.
- AES's price/sales ratio has moved down $1.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AES.
AES Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AES Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$25.86||52-week high||$29.07|
|Prev. close||$25.86||52-week low||$13.53|
|Day high||$26.05||Avg. volume||6,255,560|
|50-day MA||$26.18||Dividend yield||2.32%|
|200-day MA||$23.99||Market Cap||17.23B|
AES Corp. (AES) Company Bio
AES Corp. engages in the provision of power generation and utility services through its renewable and thermal generation facilities and distribution businesses. It operates through the following segments: U.S. and Utilities Strategic Business Unit (SBU), South America SBU, MCAC SBU, Eurasia SBU and Corporate and Other. The U.S. and Utilities SBU segment consists of facilities in the United States, Puerto Rico and El Salvador. The South America SBU segment covers Chile, Colombia, Argentina, and Brazil. The MCAC SBU segment refers to Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean. The Eurasia SBU segment handles operations in Europe and Asia. The Corporate and Other segment includes the results of the AES self-insurance company. The company was founded by Dennis W. Bakke and Roger W. Sant in 1981 and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
AES Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Aes Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Aes Corp ranked in the 94th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 2723.83%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for AES, they are:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 0.89; that's higher than merely 19.46% of US stocks in the Utilities sector that have positive free cash flow.
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 4.99 years, is 1.56% -- higher than 94% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- 46% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 13.08% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
AES Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AES Latest Social Stream
View Full AES Social Stream
Latest AES News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Aes Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AES as an investment opportunity.
Many prominent investors, including Warren Buffett, David Tepper and Stan Druckenmiller, have been cautious regarding the current bull market and missed out as the stock market reached another high in recent weeks. On the other hand, technology hedge funds weren’t timid and registered double digit market beating gains. Financials, energy and industrial stocks initially suffered […]
In this article, we will take a look at the 10 best alternative energy stocks to buy now. You can skip our comprehensive analysis of these companies, and go directly to the 5 Best Alternative Energy Stocks to Buy Now. The global alternative energy industry has steadily gained traction, with more people attempting to implement […]
AES subsidiary in Indiana is set to purchase Clinton County's Hardy Hills solar project in an attempt to deliver clean energy to its customers
AES Indiana, a subsidiary of the AES Corporation (AES) has received an approval from the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission (IURC) to acquire the Hardy Hills 195-megawatt solar project in Clinton County. "This is an important moment for AES Indiana which advances our investments in renewables here in the state," said Kristina...
AES Ohio, a subsidiary of The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), announced a new milestone in its comprehensive settlement agreement that enables the deployment of smart grid technology for customers in the Miami Valley. Today, the Public Utility Commission of Ohio (PUCO) issued an order approving AES Ohio's as filed, nearly unanimous stipulation (Stipulation). The order, which resolves a number of matters, allows AES Ohio to move forward with its plans to invest $249 million in capital projects over
AES Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|