The AES Corporation (AES): Price and Financial Metrics
AES Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 374.4, Aes Corp P/E ratio is greater than that of about 97.95% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Aes Corp is higher than it is for about 96.06% of US stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 14.27 for Aes Corp; that's greater than it is for 96.42% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AES, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are FE, CWEN, BPYU, TCI, and FLNG.
- Visit AES's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.aes.com.
AES Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AES Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$26.40||52-week high||$29.07|
|Prev. close||$25.99||52-week low||$8.11|
|Day high||$26.57||Avg. volume||7,390,511|
|50-day MA||$26.12||Dividend yield||2.31%|
|200-day MA||$19.70||Market Cap||17.64B|
The AES Corporation (AES) Company Bio
AES Corporation owns and/or operates power plants to generate and sell power to customers, such as utilities, industrial users, and other intermediaries in the United States, Chile, Colombia, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, Europe, and Asia. The company was founded in 1981 and is based in Arlington, Virginia.
AES Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Aes Corp. To summarize, we found that Aes Corp ranked in the 96th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 4188.17%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Aes Corp ended up being:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 4.8 years comes in at 1.65%; that's greater than 94.43% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- As a business, AES is generating more cash flow than 68.26% of positive cash flow stocks in the Utilities.
- 47% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than only 15.95% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
AES Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AES Latest Social Stream
View Full AES Social Stream
Latest AES News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Aes Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AES as an investment opportunity.
ARLINGTON, Va., March 5, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES) ("AES" or the "Company") announced today that it priced its offering of 10,000,000 Equity Units (the "Units"). The Company has granted to the underwriters an option to purchase up to an additional 1,500,000…
Rating Action: Moody's assigns Ba3 (hyb) rating to AES preferred stockGlobal Credit Research - 04 Mar 2021Up to $1,000 million of securities ratedNew York, March 04, 2021 -- Moody's Investors Service, ("Moody's") has assigned a Ba3 (hyb) rating to AES Corporation, (The)'s (AES) proposed Series A Cumulative Perpetual Convertible Preferred Stock cumulative perpetual preferred stock. The outlook of AES is stable.AES intends to use the net proceeds from this offering to fund its investments, including in renewables and liquified natural gas infrastructure, as well as to make contributions to its regulated utility subsidiaries.RATINGS RATIONALEThe Ba3 (hyb) rating assigned to the preferred stock is two notches below AES' corporate family rating (CFR) of Ba1 and reflects its relative positio...
New buy lands in top holdings
AES Corp. (AES) unveils several new goals through 2025: raising its renewables growth target by 40% to 3-4 GW of long-term PPAs per year, increasing investments at U.S. utilities to achieve annual rate base growth of 9%, and accelerating its goal to reduce coal generation to below 10% by 2025, five...
ARLINGTON, Va., March 3, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES) ("AES" or the "Company") announced today its intention to offer to sell, subject to market and other conditions, 10,000,000 Equity Units (the "Units"), each with a stated amount of $100. The Company expects the…
AES Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AESWant to see what other sources are saying about Aes Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!