Aeterna Zentaris Inc. (AEZS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AEZS POWR Grades
- AEZS scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 90.12% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AEZS is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 36 weeks.
- AEZS ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 2nd percentile.
AEZS Stock Summary
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -79.62%, Aeterna Zentaris Inc's debt growth rate surpasses just 3.75% of about US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that AEZS's revenue has grown -86.41% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of merely 1.63% of US companies in our set.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for AEZS comes in at -59.22% -- higher than that of only 4.6% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Aeterna Zentaris Inc are GIGM, DTSS, UG, GENC, and ESMC.
- AEZS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Aeterna Zentaris Inc's official web site, go to www.zentaris.com.
AEZS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, AEZS's price/sales ratio is 223.68% higher, now standing at 12.3.
- Over the past 239 months, AEZS's price/earnings ratio has gone up 53.8.
- AEZS's price/sales ratio has moved up 7.3 over the prior 239 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AEZS.
AEZS Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 116.8%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 64.83%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -62.37%.
The table below shows AEZS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AEZS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AEZS has a Quality Grade of F, ranking ahead of 3.66% of graded US stocks.
- AEZS's asset turnover comes in at 0.128 -- ranking 242nd of 677 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows AEZS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AEZS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AEZS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$0.60||52-week high||$3.62|
|Prev. close||$0.63||52-week low||$0.29|
|Day high||$0.64||Avg. volume||8,299,818|
|50-day MA||$0.69||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$0.88||Market Cap||73.09M|
Aeterna Zentaris Inc. (AEZS) Company Bio
Aeterna Zentaris Inc., a specialty biopharmaceutical company, engages in developing and commercializing novel treatments in oncology, endocrinology, and women's health. The company was founded in 1991 and is based in Summerville, South Carolina.
Most Popular Stories View All
AEZS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AEZS Latest Social Stream
View Full AEZS Social Stream
Latest AEZS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Aeterna Zentaris Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AEZS as an investment opportunity.
Aeterna Zentaris Reports Second Quarter 2021 Financial Results and Provides Pipeline Program Updates
Company continues to advance clinical and preclinical programs with its d iversified portfolio of pharmaceutical and diagnostic products focused on areas of significant unmet medical need
Aeterna Zentaris Receives Nasdaq Notification Regarding Minimum Bid Price Compliance; No Immediate Impact on Listing
CHARLESTON, S.C., July 29, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Aeterna Zentaris Inc. (NASDAQ: AEZS) (TSX: AEZS) (Aeterna or the Company), a specialty biopharmaceutical company developing and commercializing a diversified portfolio of pharmaceutical and diagnostic products, today announced that on July 28, 2021, the Company received notice from the Listing Qualifications Department (the Staff) of The Nasdaq Stock Market LLC ("Nasdaq") indicating that, based upon a closing bid price of less than $1.00 per share for the Companys common stock for the prior 30 consecutive business day period, the Company no longer satisfies Nasdaq Listing Rule 5550(a)(2) (the Rule).
We can readily understand why investors are attracted to unprofitable companies. For example, although...
Most investors tend to think that hedge funds and other asset managers are worthless, as they cannot beat even simple index fund portfolios. In fact, most people expect hedge funds to compete with and outperform the bull market that we have witnessed in recent years. However, hedge funds are generally partially hedged and aim at […]
Aeterna Zentaris Engages Dr. Michael Levy to Support Development of Autoimmune and Inflammatory CNS Disorders Programs
– Dr. Levy is a well-established neuroimmunologist with extensive experience and expertise in the area of neuroimmunology, autoimmune and CNS disorders – Company continues to advance development of its AIM Biologicals pre-clinical program, seeking to develop a potential treatment option for NMOSD, an orphan indication with strong unmet medical need and significant market opportunity CHARLESTON, S.C., June 07, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Aeterna Zentaris Inc. (NASDAQ: AEZS) (TSX: AEZS) (“Aeterna” or
AEZS Price Returns