American International Group, Inc. New (AIG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AIG POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where AIG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.54% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AIG is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 48 weeks.
- AIG ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 24th percentile.
AIG Stock Summary
- AIG has a higher market value than 94.3% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $46,625,636,865.
- AIG's went public 35.75 years ago, making it older than 92.65% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of American International Group Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 97.12% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AIG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ALL, WBA, DG, ITUB, and RELX.
- Visit AIG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.aig.com.
AIG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, AIG's price/sales ratio is 16.67% lower, now standing at 1.
- Over the past 243 months, AIG's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 14.4.
- AIG's price/sales ratio has moved down 3.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AIG.
AIG Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -55.72%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -60.68%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -187.13%.
The table below shows AIG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AIG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AIG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 25.74% of graded US stocks.
- AIG's asset turnover comes in at 0.077 -- ranking 115th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- ESNT, ITIC, and HCI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AIG.
The table below shows AIG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AIG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AIG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$56.35||52-week high||$56.40|
|Prev. close||$54.81||52-week low||$26.96|
|Day high||$56.40||Avg. volume||4,364,076|
|50-day MA||$52.25||Dividend yield||2.34%|
|200-day MA||$47.24||Market Cap||48.19B|
American International Group, Inc. New (AIG) Company Bio
American International Group Inc is an insurance company. AIG traces its beginnings to the Americans Asiatic Underwritings company, established by Cornelius Vander Starr while in Shanghai in 1919. The company, through its subsidiaries, provides property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, mortgage insurance and other financial services in the United States and in 80 countries abroad. Peter Zaffino was appointed President of AIG in early 2020 and became the Chief Executive Officer of the company a year later. The company is headquartered in New York City and it employs a workforce of over 46,000 people worldwide. In FY 2020, AIG had total sales of $51 billion U.S. dollars.
Most Popular Stories View All
AIG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AIG Latest Social Stream
View Full AIG Social Stream
Latest AIG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about American International Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AIG as an investment opportunity.
Global Marine Insurance Market Expected To Reach Highest CAGR by 2026 : Allianz, American International, Aon, AXA, Insurance brokers, etc.
Global Marine Insurance Market: Introduction A new research has been conducted across Global Marine Insurance Market encompassing diverse regional developments, market vendors at the fore, to include both qualitative as well as quantitative information, suggestive of market developments and alterations identified across historical and current timelines to initiate accurate forecasts and predictions, in tandem with 
Hartford Financial's (HIG) cost-cutting measures, strategic initiatives and operational efficiency are likely to perk up its shares.
Longstanding insurers such as Allstate, Hartford and Voya have pulled back from the business, creating an opening for asset managers such as Apollo and Blackstone who bring a different and often riskier investment philosophy.
Strong performing Global Lifestyle business, growing the fee-based capital-light businesses and solid capital management continue to drive Assurant (AIZ).
Investors should get a chance to catch their breath and assess what comes next following Monday's market rout.
AIG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AIGWant to see what other sources are saying about American International Group Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
American International Group Inc (AIG) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American International Group Inc (AIG) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American International Group Inc (AIG) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch