American International Group, Inc. New (AIG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AIG POWR Grades
- AIG scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 86.92% of US stocks.
- AIG's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- AIG's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 27.48% of US stocks).
AIG Stock Summary
- American International Group Inc's market capitalization of $40,959,053,081 is ahead of 93.67% of US-listed equities.
- AIG's went public 35.5 years ago, making it older than 92.7% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- AIG's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 88.77% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AIG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are BK, BBD, DFS, AFL, and ROK.
- AIG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit American International Group Inc's official web site, go to www.aig.com.
AIG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, AIG's price/sales ratio is 71.43% lower, now standing at 1.
- Over the past 243 months, AIG's price/sales ratio has gone down $3.8.
- AIG's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down $50.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AIG.
AIG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AIG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$48.00||52-week high||$54.08|
|Prev. close||$47.73||52-week low||$25.57|
|Day high||$48.13||Avg. volume||4,430,575|
|50-day MA||$50.05||Dividend yield||2.68%|
|200-day MA||$41.30||Market Cap||41.19B|
American International Group, Inc. New (AIG) Company Bio
American International Group Inc is an insurance company. AIG traces its beginnings to the Americans Asiatic Underwritings company, established by Cornelius Vander Starr while in Shanghai in 1919. The company, through its subsidiaries, provides property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, mortgage insurance and other financial services in the United States and in 80 countries abroad. Peter Zaffino was appointed President of AIG in early 2020 and became the Chief Executive Officer of the company a year later. The company is headquartered in New York City and it employs a workforce of over 46,000 people worldwide. In FY 2020, AIG had total sales of $51 billion U.S. dollars.
AIG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for American International Group Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that American International Group Inc ranked in the 10th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 94%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for American International Group Inc ended up being:
- In the past 5.76 years, American International Group Inc has a compound free cash flow growth rate of -0.13%; that's higher than only 12.8% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Financial Services sector.
- 56% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 19.57% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- American International Group Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -2.73. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 13.62% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
AIG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AIG Latest Social Stream
View Full AIG Social Stream
Latest AIG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about American International Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AIG as an investment opportunity.
AIG Further Extends the Expiration Time for the Tender Offers for all Notes and Consent Solicitations for the SunAmerica Notes
NEW YORK, Jun 16, 2021--On May 11, 2021, American International Group, Inc. (NYSE: AIG) announced that it commenced cash tender offers (the "Tender Offers") and solicitations of consents (the "Consent Solicitations") for certain outstanding notes.
(Bloomberg) -- Legal & General Investment Management will sell holdings in four companies including U.S insurer American International Group Inc. after deeming they’re making insufficient progress on addressing climate change risks.The U.K. asset manager said in a statement on Tuesday it will also divest investments in Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Ltd., Pennsylvania-based utility PPL Corp. and China Mengniu Dairy Co. The companies either provided “unsatisfactory responses’’ to LGIM's cl
Britain’s biggest investor has dropped AIG from some of its funds over concerns that the US-based insurance group has “insufficient” policies in place over climate change risks. Legal and General Investment Management said on Tuesday that it would divest several of its holdings from actively managed portfolios after “unsatisfactory responses” to and “breaches of red lines” around an involvement in coal, carbon disclosures and deforestation. AIG was dropped from the £58bn portfolio for having no policy on thermal coal nor on the disclosure of carbon emissions associated with its investments, which LGIM said were “red lines” for the banks and insurers it invests in.
AIG Extends the Expiration Time for the Tender Offers for all Notes and Consent Solicitations for the SunAmerica Notes; Announces Successful Completion of the Series A Consent Solicitation
On May 11, 2021, American International Group, Inc. (NYSE: AIG) announced that it commenced cash tender offers (the "Tender Offers") and solicitations of consents (the "Consent Solicitations") for certain outstanding notes.
Don't Race Out To Buy American International Group, Inc. (NYSE:AIG) Just Because It's Going Ex-Dividend
It looks like American International Group, Inc. ( NYSE:AIG ) is about to go ex-dividend in the next four days. The...
AIG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AIGWant to see what other sources are saying about American International Group Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
American International Group Inc (AIG) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American International Group Inc (AIG) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American International Group Inc (AIG) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch