American International Group, Inc. New (AIG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AIG POWR Grades
- AIG scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 96.54% of US stocks.
- AIG's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 48 weeks.
- AIG ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 24th percentile.
AIG Stock Summary
- AIG has a market capitalization of $45,291,521,064 -- more than approximately 94.2% of US stocks.
- American International Group Inc's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.64% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of American International Group Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 97.15% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to American International Group Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be ALL, WBA, ITUB, DG, and AFL.
- AIG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit American International Group Inc's official web site, go to www.aig.com.
AIG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, AIG's price/sales ratio is 16.67% lower, now standing at 1.
- Over the past 243 months, AIG's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 14.4.
- AIG's price/sales ratio has moved down 3.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AIG.
AIG Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -55.72%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -60.68%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -187.13%.
The table below shows AIG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AIG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AIG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 25.85% of graded US stocks.
- AIG's asset turnover comes in at 0.077 -- ranking 115th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- ESNT, ITIC, and HCI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AIG.
The table below shows AIG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AIG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AIG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$53.71||52-week high||$55.78|
|Prev. close||$52.96||52-week low||$25.57|
|Day high||$54.14||Avg. volume||4,379,762|
|50-day MA||$51.78||Dividend yield||2.42%|
|200-day MA||$47.01||Market Cap||45.93B|
American International Group, Inc. New (AIG) Company Bio
American International Group Inc is an insurance company. AIG traces its beginnings to the Americans Asiatic Underwritings company, established by Cornelius Vander Starr while in Shanghai in 1919. The company, through its subsidiaries, provides property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, mortgage insurance and other financial services in the United States and in 80 countries abroad. Peter Zaffino was appointed President of AIG in early 2020 and became the Chief Executive Officer of the company a year later. The company is headquartered in New York City and it employs a workforce of over 46,000 people worldwide. In FY 2020, AIG had total sales of $51 billion U.S. dollars.
Most Popular Stories View All
AIG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AIG Latest Social Stream
View Full AIG Social Stream
Latest AIG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about American International Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AIG as an investment opportunity.
Hartford Financial's (HIG) cost-cutting measures, strategic initiatives and operational efficiency are likely to perk up its shares.
Longstanding insurers such as Allstate, Hartford and Voya have pulled back from the business, creating an opening for asset managers such as Apollo and Blackstone who bring a different and often riskier investment philosophy.
Strong performing Global Lifestyle business, growing the fee-based capital-light businesses and solid capital management continue to drive Assurant (AIZ).
Investors should get a chance to catch their breath and assess what comes next following Monday's market rout.
Mobile Phone Insurance Market Is Estimated to Grow at the Highest Growth Rate Till 2026: Mobile Phone Insurance Market Is Booming So Rapidly | Top Players American International Group, Inc. ,Apple Inc. ,Axa S.A.
The growth of the Mobile Phone Insurance market is mainly driven by the increasing R&D spending across the world. Scope of the Report of Mobile Phone Insurance Mobile phone insurance is a specialist insurance policy that covers the cost of replacing or repairing usera s phone if it is lost, damaged or stolen. Some of the key players profiled in the study are: The post Mobile Phone Insurance Market Is Estimated to Grow at the Highest Growth Rate Till 2026: Mobile Phone Insurance Market Is Booming So Rapidly | Top Players American International Group, Inc. ,Apple Inc. ,Axa S.A. appeared first on InsuranceNewsNet .
AIG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AIGWant to see what other sources are saying about American International Group Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
American International Group Inc (AIG) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American International Group Inc (AIG) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American International Group Inc (AIG) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch