Apollo Investment Corporation - Closed End Fund (AINV): Price and Financial Metrics
AINV Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Apollo Investment Corp is higher than just 7.56% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Apollo Investment Corp is higher than it is for about 99.18% of US stocks.
- Apollo Investment Corp's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 45.76%, greater than the shareholder yield of 95.72% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Apollo Investment Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be OCSL, SCM, PNNT, HCAP, and FDUS.
- Visit AINV's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.apolloic.com.
AINV Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AINV Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$13.91||52-week high||$16.30|
|Prev. close||$13.72||52-week low||$5.20|
|Day high||$13.99||Avg. volume||473,926|
|50-day MA||$12.26||Dividend yield||9.04%|
|200-day MA||$10.18||Market Cap||907.75M|
Apollo Investment Corporation - Closed End Fund (AINV) Company Bio
Apollo Investment Corporation invests primarily in various forms of debt investments, including secured and unsecured debt, loan investments, and/or equity in private middle-market companies. The company was founded in 2004 and is based in New York, New York.
AINV Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for AINV, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Apollo Investment Corp ranked in the 88th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 950% on a DCF basis. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Apollo Investment Corp, consider:
- 37% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than only 10.79% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Apollo Investment Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -0.27. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 24.7% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, Apollo Investment Corp experienced a tax rate of about 0% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Financial Services), this tax rate is higher than just 0% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
AINV Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AINV Latest Social Stream
View Full AINV Social Stream
Latest AINV News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Apollo Investment Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AINV as an investment opportunity.
Although Apollo Investment Corporation (AINV) may experience some level of long-term risk with its aircraft leasing business, its conservative dividend approach generates reasons for believing that it's safe when ranged between $0.35-$0.40. After the company reported above consensus results, the conversation quickly pivoted toward airplanes during its last conference call....
Introduction Similar to REITs, Business Development Companies ("BDCs") are regulated investment companies ("RICs") required to pay at least 90% of their annual taxable income to shareholders, avoiding corporate income taxes before distributing to shareholders. This structure prioritizes income to shareholders (over capital appreciation), driving higher yields that currently range from...
Apollo Investment (AINV) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 10.26% and 1.13%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2020. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Fiscal Third Quarter and Other Recent Highlights: Net investment income per share for the quarter was $0.43 compared to $0.43 for the quarter ended September 30, 2020Net asset value per share as of the end of the quarter was $15.59 compared to $15.44 as of September 30, 2020, an increase of 1.0% driven primarily by a net gain on the corporate lending portfolio(1) and a realized gain on a non-core renewable investmentNew investment commitments made during the quarter totaled $108 million(2)Gross fundings during the quarter totaled $157 million primarily consisting of $97 million of term loans and $52 million of revolversGross exits during the quarter totaled $287 million primarily consisting of $3 million of term loan sales, $184 million of term loan repayments, and $85 million of gross ...
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / February 4, 2021 / Apollo Investment Corp. (NASDAQ:AINV) will be discussing their earnings results in their 2021 Third Quarter Earnings call to be held on February 4, 2021 at 5:00 PM Eastern Time.
AINV Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AINVHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Apollo Investment Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Apollo Investment Corp (AINV) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Apollo Investment Corp (AINV) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Apollo Investment Corp (AINV) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!