Alcon Inc. (ALC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ALC POWR Grades
- ALC scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 92.58% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ALC is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- ALC's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 10.51% of US stocks).
ALC Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $33,366,762,000, ALCON INC has a greater market value than 93.12% of US stocks.
- ALC's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 116.41 -- higher than 81.47% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- ALC's current price/earnings ratio is 58.44, which is higher than 90.53% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to ALC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are FTV, CSGP, XYL, CARR, and PKI.
- ALC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit ALCON INC's official web site, go to www.alcon.com.
ALC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, ALC's price/sales ratio is 18.75% lower, now standing at 3.9.
- Over the past 44 months, ALC's price/earnings ratio has gone up 183.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ALC.
ALC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ALC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 38.86% of graded US stocks.
- ALC's asset turnover comes in at 0.284 -- ranking 134th of 186 Medical Equipment stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows ALC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ALC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ALC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$70.12||52-week high||$88.78|
|Prev. close||$70.07||52-week low||$55.21|
|Day high||$70.44||Avg. volume||892,796|
|50-day MA||$61.33||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$69.81||Market Cap||34.36B|
Alcon Inc. (ALC) Company Bio
Alcon is an American Swiss medical company specializing in eye care products with headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, and incorporated in Fribourg, Switzerland. Alcon began as a US company and its US subsidiary’s headquarters remain in Fort Worth, Texas, where the Alcon division of the company was founded. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
ALC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ALC Latest Social Stream
View Full ALC Social Stream
Latest ALC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ALCON INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ALC as an investment opportunity.
Alcon's (ALC) ophthalmic pharmaceutical product suite is expected to be significantly boosted by adding new products following the recent acquisition.
Alcon's (ALC) robust innovation pipeline is delivering solid results as evidenced by the strength in its comprehensive portfolio of PCIOLs, including PanOptix and Vivity.
Former executives at Aerie Pharmaceuticals are in line for major payouts totaling millions of dollars now that the merger with Alcon is complete.
Alcon Completes Acquisition of Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Strengthening Company’s Ophthalmic Pharmaceutical Business
GENEVA, November 22, 2022--Alcon Completes Acquisition of Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Strengthening Company’s Ophthalmic Pharmaceutical Business
It''s rare to find a high-growth foreign company that isn''t stuck in a big downtrend.
ALC Price Returns