Alcon Inc. (ALC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ALC POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where ALC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.24% of US stocks.
- ALC's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 51 weeks.
- ALC ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 38th percentile.
ALC Stock Summary
- ALC has a higher market value than 92.84% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $38,695,300,000.
- ALC's went public 2.52 years ago, making it older than only 6.02% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- ALC's current price/earnings ratio is 211.45, which is higher than 96.82% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Alcon Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be CSGP, BAX, A, IDXX, and PKI.
- Visit ALC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.alcon.com.
ALC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, ALC's price/sales ratio is 36.84% higher, now standing at 5.2.
- ALC's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.2 over the prior 29 months.
- Over the past 29 months, ALC's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ALC.
ALC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ALC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 42.42% of graded US stocks.
- ALC's asset turnover comes in at 0.284 -- ranking 134th of 185 Medical Equipment stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows ALC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ALC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ALC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$78.02||52-week high||$87.49|
|Prev. close||$78.97||52-week low||$55.87|
|Day high||$78.67||Avg. volume||854,847|
|50-day MA||$80.30||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$73.31||Market Cap||38.09B|
Alcon Inc. (ALC) Company Bio
Alcon, Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of market surgical equipment and devices, pharmaceutical eye drops, and consumer vision care products to treat eye diseases and disorders. It operates through the following segments: Surgical and Vision Care. The Surgical segment offers implantable products, consumables and equipment for use in surgical procedures to address cataracts, vitreoretinal conditions, refractive errors, and glaucoma. The Vision Care segment comprises daily disposable, reusable and color-enhancing contact lenses, as well as portfolio of ocular health products, including over-the-counter products for dry eye, contact lens care, and ocular allergies, as well as ocular vitamins and redness relievers. The company was founded by Mr. Robert Alexander and Mr. William Conner on 1945 and is headquartered in Fribourg, Switzerland.
Most Popular Stories View All
ALC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ALC Latest Social Stream
View Full ALC Social Stream
Latest ALC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Alcon Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ALC as an investment opportunity.
We saw unusual or noteworthy options trading volume and activity in these three companies
Approved by the Central Drug Standard Control Organization (CDSCO), Vivity is the first and only non-diffractive presbyopia-correcting intraocular lens (IOL) with minimum visual disturbance profile.
Alcon Inc. Corporate: Alcon Celebrates World Sight Day 2021 in Communities Worldwide with Programs for Improved Access to Eye Care
Alcon associates across 43 global sites take the Steps for Sight challenge, raising funds to support organizations improving access to quality eye care Alcon Geneva associates will dedicate the da
Alcon Celebrates World Sight Day 2021 in Communities Worldwide with Programs for Improved Access to Eye Care
GENEVA, October 14, 2021--Alcon Celebrates World Sight Day 2021 in Communities Worldwide with Programs for Improved Access to Eye Care
Ophthalmology Cataract Surgery Devices Market Size, Key Players, Economic Impact and Forecast to 2027 | Abbott Laboratories, Alcon, Allergan
Market Summary A newly published report titled Ophthalmology Cataract Surgery Devices Market by QY Research throws light on the industry dynamics and current and future trends that play a key role in determining the business expansion. The report also highlights the
ALC Price Returns