Alcon Inc. (ALC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ALC POWR Grades
- ALC scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 98.81% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ALC is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 199 days.
- ALC ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 44th percentile.
ALC Stock Summary
- ALC has a higher market value than 92.41% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $34,048,050,000.
- Alcon Inc's stock had its IPO on April 9, 2019, making it an older stock than just 4.31% of US equities in our set.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for ALC is currently 35.88, higher than 86.5% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Alcon Inc are SWK, DHI, ZBH, CBRE, and NTR.
- Visit ALC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.alcon.com.
ALC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ALC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$70.16||52-week high||$76.53|
|Prev. close||$69.50||52-week low||$53.20|
|Day high||$71.44||Avg. volume||926,833|
|50-day MA||$71.42||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$65.62||Market Cap||34.25B|
Alcon Inc. (ALC) Company Bio
Alcon, Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of market surgical equipment and devices, pharmaceutical eye drops, and consumer vision care products to treat eye diseases and disorders. It operates through the following segments: Surgical and Vision Care. The Surgical segment offers implantable products, consumables and equipment for use in surgical procedures to address cataracts, vitreoretinal conditions, refractive errors, and glaucoma. The Vision Care segment comprises daily disposable, reusable and color-enhancing contact lenses, as well as portfolio of ocular health products, including over-the-counter products for dry eye, contact lens care, and ocular allergies, as well as ocular vitamins and redness relievers. The company was founded by Mr. Robert Alexander and Mr. William Conner on 1945 and is headquartered in Fribourg, Switzerland.
ALC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Alcon Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Alcon Inc ranked in the 6th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 98%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Alcon Inc, consider:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 2.47 years comes in at -0.2%; that's greater than merely 8.64% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Alcon Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -2.69. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 15.67% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 11. This value is greater than 79.4% stocks in the Healthcare sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
ALC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ALC Latest Social Stream
View Full ALC Social Stream
Latest ALC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Alcon Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ALC as an investment opportunity.
Alcon's Q1 Sales Boosted By Equipment, Implantables In Surgical Segment, FY21 Outlook In-Line With Expectations
Alcon AG (NYSE: ALC ) reported first-quarter FY21 sales of $1.9 billion, an increase of 5% Y/Y on a reported basis and 2% on a constant currency basis, slightly below the consensus of $1.92 billion. Core diluted EPS of $0.49 beat the consensus of $0.45, and diluted EPS of $0.17 was a turnaround from a loss of $0.12 a year ago. Surgical net sales of $1.1 billion increased 9% Y/Y, or 7% on a constant currency basis, primarily driven by demand for cataract and refractive equipment and … Full story available on Benzinga.com
Alcon Reports First Quarter 2021 Results
Alcon to Acquire U.S. Commercialization Rights to Ophthalmic Eye Drop Simbrinza
Alcon shareholders approve all binding resolutions at the 2021 Annual General Meeting
Alcon Launches Systane Hydration Multi-Dose Preservative-Free Lubricant Eye Drops in the U.S.
ALC Price Returns