Alcon Inc. (ALC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ALC POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where ALC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 93.28% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ALC is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- ALC ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 16th percentile.
ALC Stock Summary
- ALC has a market capitalization of $39,966,593,301 -- more than approximately 92.84% of US stocks.
- Alcon Inc's stock had its IPO on April 9, 2019, making it an older stock than merely 9.36% of US equities in our set.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 106.29, Alcon Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 93.95% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Alcon Inc are IDXX, CERN, A, WAT, and PKI.
- Visit ALC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.alcon.com.
ALC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, ALC's price/sales ratio is 36.84% higher, now standing at 5.2.
- ALC's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.2 over the prior 29 months.
- Over the past 29 months, ALC's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ALC.
ALC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ALC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 38.86% of graded US stocks.
- ALC's asset turnover comes in at 0.284 -- ranking 134th of 186 Medical Equipment stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows ALC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ALC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ALC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$71.58||52-week high||$88.78|
|Prev. close||$69.89||52-week low||$63.92|
|Day high||$71.61||Avg. volume||879,251|
|50-day MA||$71.29||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$77.90||Market Cap||35.08B|
Alcon Inc. (ALC) Company Bio
Alcon, Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of market surgical equipment and devices, pharmaceutical eye drops, and consumer vision care products to treat eye diseases and disorders. It operates through the following segments: Surgical and Vision Care. The Surgical segment offers implantable products, consumables and equipment for use in surgical procedures to address cataracts, vitreoretinal conditions, refractive errors, and glaucoma. The Vision Care segment comprises daily disposable, reusable and color-enhancing contact lenses, as well as portfolio of ocular health products, including over-the-counter products for dry eye, contact lens care, and ocular allergies, as well as ocular vitamins and redness relievers. The company was founded by Mr. Robert Alexander and Mr. William Conner on 1945 and is headquartered in Fribourg, Switzerland.
Most Popular Stories View All
ALC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ALC Latest Social Stream
View Full ALC Social Stream
Latest ALC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Alcon Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ALC as an investment opportunity.
Alcon AG (NYSE: ALC ) reported Q4 FY21 sales of $2.13 billion , +11% Y/Y on a reported basis and +13% on a constant currency (cc) basis, beating the consensus of $2.04 billion. Eye care markets in the fourth quarter reflected the recovery in the U.S. and the continuing recovery internationally from the COVID-19 pandemic. It reported a core EPS of $0.56, surpassing the Wall Street estimate of $0.49, … Full story available on Benzinga.com
No summary available.
No summary available.
According to Alcon (ALC), strong product flow results in above-market revenue growth, which drives core operating leverage and margin expansion.
Alcon (NYSE:ALC) stock is trading 5% higher in after-hours trading after the company reported Q4 2021 earnings that beat on both the bottom and top lines. The company also provided bullish revenue and earnings guidance for 2022. Diluted EPS in Q4 of $0.28 was a ~47% increase from Q4 2020. Revenue of...
ALC Price Returns