Alcon Inc. (ALC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ALC POWR Grades
- ALC scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 98.07% of US stocks.
- ALC's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- ALC's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 44.84% of US stocks).
ALC Stock Summary
- Alcon Inc's market capitalization of $35,292,396,000 is ahead of 92.41% of US-listed equities.
- ALC's went public 2.31 years ago, making it older than merely 4.9% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The volatility of Alcon Inc's share price is greater than that of merely 6.54% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to ALC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PXD, DHI, NOK, SWK, and CX.
- Visit ALC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.alcon.com.
ALC Valuation Summary
- ALC's EV/EBIT ratio is -113.6; this is 525.47% lower than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- Over the past 28 months, ALC's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 10.9.
- ALC's price/earnings ratio has moved up 35.5 over the prior 28 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ALC.
ALC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ALC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$72.80||52-week high||$76.53|
|Prev. close||$73.02||52-week low||$54.51|
|Day high||$73.31||Avg. volume||869,418|
|50-day MA||$70.18||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$68.77||Market Cap||35.54B|
Alcon Inc. (ALC) Company Bio
Alcon, Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of market surgical equipment and devices, pharmaceutical eye drops, and consumer vision care products to treat eye diseases and disorders. It operates through the following segments: Surgical and Vision Care. The Surgical segment offers implantable products, consumables and equipment for use in surgical procedures to address cataracts, vitreoretinal conditions, refractive errors, and glaucoma. The Vision Care segment comprises daily disposable, reusable and color-enhancing contact lenses, as well as portfolio of ocular health products, including over-the-counter products for dry eye, contact lens care, and ocular allergies, as well as ocular vitamins and redness relievers. The company was founded by Mr. Robert Alexander and Mr. William Conner on 1945 and is headquartered in Fribourg, Switzerland.
ALC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Alcon Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Alcon Inc ranked in the 5th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for ALC, they are:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 2.47 years comes in at -0.2%; that's greater than just 8.13% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Alcon Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -2.69. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 13.66% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 11. This value is greater than 82.63% stocks in the Healthcare sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
ALC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ALC Latest Social Stream
View Full ALC Social Stream
Latest ALC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Alcon Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ALC as an investment opportunity.
Global Medical and Beauty Laser Market 2021-2026 Demand, Key Regions Analysis and Key Players as Alcon, Cynosure, IRIDEX, Lumenis
Global Medical and Beauty Laser Market 2021 by Manufacturers, Regions, Type and Application, Forecast to 2026 has introduced by MarketsandResearch.biz focuses on the global market status, growth opportunity, key market players, and key players. The report highlights features of the
Europe Artificial Tears Market Size, Share, Demand, Analysis and Forecast To 2028 |Alcon Inc., OASIS Medical, AbbVie Inc., Bayer AG, Prestige Consumer Healthcare Inc., Santen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Bausch Health Companies Inc. and more
The Artificial tears market in Europe is expected to grow from US$ 546.0 million in 2021 to US$ 816.9 million by 2028; it is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.9% from 2021 to 2028. The Business Market Insights provides
Microkeratome Market Size, Key Opportunities, Strategic Assessment, Strong Revenue | Oprating Vendors: Essilor International, Marvel Medtech, CooperVision, Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Alcon, Bau
The documented report on Global Microkeratome Market by Reports Globe aims to offer an organized and methodical strategy for important aspects that have affected the market in recent years and future market opportunities that companies can trust. It gives readers clear market research for better judgment and better decision making on whether or not to 
Automatic Keratometer Market Size, Key Opportunities, Strategic Assessment, Strong Revenue | Oprating Vendors: Kowa, Alcon, Schwind, US Ophthalmic, Suoer, Micro Medical, Takagi, Nidek, Haag-Streit,
The documented report on Global Automatic Keratometer Market by Reports Globe aims to offer an organized and methodical strategy for important aspects that have affected the market in recent years and future market opportunities that companies can trust. It gives readers clear market research for better judgment and better decision making on whether or not 
Diabetic Eye Disease Equipment Market 2021 SWOT Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Significant Growth | Top Brands:Alcon Inc., Carl Zeiss Meditec, Synergetics USA Inc., Ellex Medical Lasers Ltd.,
This report studies the Diabetic Eye Disease Equipment Market with many aspects of the industry such as market size, market status, market trends and forecast. The report also provides brief information on competitors and opportunities for specific growth with the key market drivers. Find the comprehensive analysis of the Diabetic Eye Disease Equipment market segmented 
ALC Price Returns