Allison Transmission Holdings, Inc. (ALSN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ALSN POWR Grades
- ALSN scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 96.46% of US stocks.
- ALSN's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- ALSN ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 34th percentile.
ALSN Stock Summary
- Allison Transmission Holdings Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 88.24% of US listed stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, ALSN is more volatile than only 15.14% of stocks we're observing.
- Allison Transmission Holdings Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 15.07%, greater than the shareholder yield of 88.71% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to ALSN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AMKR, CRNT, VJET, THTX, and AMRX.
- ALSN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Allison Transmission Holdings Inc's official web site, go to www.allisontransmission.com.
ALSN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, ALSN's EV/EBIT ratio is 38.32% lower, now standing at 10.3.
- ALSN's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.2 over the prior 115 months.
- Over the past 115 months, ALSN's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ALSN.
ALSN Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 303.82%.
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 36.81%.
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 17.9%.
The table below shows ALSN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ALSN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ALSN has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.35% of graded US stocks.
- ALSN's asset turnover comes in at 0.508 -- ranking 47th of 68 Automobiles and Trucks stocks.
- PCAR, MLR, and MTOR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ALSN.
The table below shows ALSN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ALSN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ALSN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$37.46||52-week high||$44.66|
|Prev. close||$38.07||52-week low||$32.55|
|Day high||$38.40||Avg. volume||881,965|
|50-day MA||$38.13||Dividend yield||2.21%|
|200-day MA||$37.28||Market Cap||3.64B|
Allison Transmission Holdings, Inc. (ALSN) Company Bio
Allison Transmission Holdings manufacturer of fully automatic transmissions for medium- and heavy-duty commercial vehicles and is a leader in hybrid-propulsion systems for city buses. Allison transmissions are used in a variety of applications including refuse, construction, fire, distribution, bus, motorhomes, defense and energy. The company was founded in 1915 and is based in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Most Popular Stories View All
ALSN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ALSN Latest Social Stream
View Full ALSN Social Stream
Latest ALSN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Allison Transmission Holdings Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ALSN as an investment opportunity.
Allison Transmission Announces an 11 Percent Increase to the Quarterly Dividend, a $1 Billion Increase to the Stock Repurchase Authorization and the Annual Stockholders Meeting and Record Date
INDIANAPOLIS, February 24, 2022--Allison Transmission Holdings Inc. (NYSE: ALSN), a leading designer and manufacturer of conventional and electrified vehicle propulsion solutions and the largest global manufacturer of medium- and heavy-duty fully automatic transmissions for commercial and defense vehicles, announced today that its Board of Directors has approved an increase in the Company’s quarterly dividend from $0.19 to $0.21 per share on the Company’s common stock and has declared a cash div
Allison Transmission Delivers Propulsion Systems Equipped With Next Generation Electronic Controls Platform
INDIANAPOLIS, February 24, 2022--In partnership with several leading global OEMs, Allison Transmission is pleased to announce that it has entered production with its next generation electronic controls platform. Built on four decades of evolution and experience, and combined with state of the art microprocessor and software operating system technology, Allison’s next generation electronic controls platform is capable of delivering advanced communications, functional safety, cybersecurity and ove
In a challenging market for auto and truck suppliers, Meritor (MTOR) had been doing okay since my last update, up slightly and keeping pace with Allison (ALSN) while outperforming American Axle (AXL), Cummins (CMI), Dana (DAN), and Tenneco (TEN), and the S&P 500. That performance trajectory spiked yesterday (February 22),...
INDIANAPOLIS, February 23, 2022--Allison Transmission, a leading designer and manufacturer of conventional and electrified vehicle propulsion solutions for tactical wheeled and tracked defense platforms, and medium- and heavy-duty commercial vehicles is achieving unprecedented growth in the global defense market. Both tracked and wheeled vehicle OEMs from Germany, South Korea, Turkey, France, Canada, Israel and the United States, powered by Allison transmissions, have won multiple defense contra
Led by robust sales growth in five of the six end markets served, Allison (ALSN) beats on earnings in fourth-quarter 2021.
ALSN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching ALSNWant to see what other sources are saying about Allison Transmission Holdings Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Allison Transmission Holdings Inc (ALSN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Allison Transmission Holdings Inc (ALSN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Allison Transmission Holdings Inc (ALSN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch