Altair Engineering Inc. Cl A (ALTR): Price and Financial Metrics
ALTR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$71.28||52-week high||$78.49|
|Prev. close||$72.30||52-week low||$43.68|
|Day high||$71.68||Avg. volume||293,756|
|50-day MA||$66.38||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$68.26||Market Cap||5.82B|
ALTR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ALTR POWR Grades
- ALTR scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 94.88% of US stocks.
- ALTR's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- ALTR's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 22.24% of US stocks).
ALTR Stock Summary
- ALTR's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 333.8 -- higher than 91.42% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for ALTAIR ENGINEERING INC is higher than 93.67% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- With a price/sales ratio of 9.51, ALTAIR ENGINEERING INC has a higher such ratio than 90.61% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to ALTR, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are FORM, CWAN, MYPS, DOCN, and WDAY.
- ALTR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit ALTAIR ENGINEERING INC's official web site, go to www.altair.com.
ALTR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, ALTR's price/sales ratio is 313.64% higher, now standing at 9.1.
- ALTR's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 304.1 over the prior 73 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ALTR.
ALTR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ALTR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 67.69% of graded US stocks.
- ALTR's asset turnover comes in at 0.603 -- ranking 268th of 563 Business Services stocks.
- CTEK, HQY, and FIS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ALTR.
The table below shows ALTR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Altair Engineering Inc. Cl A (ALTR) Company Bio
Altair Engineering, Inc. engages in the provision of software and cloud solutions for product design & development, high performance cloud computing and data intelligence. It operates through the following segments: Software and Client Engineering Services. The Software segment includes a portfolio of software products; as well as solvers and optimization technology products, modelling and visualization tools. The Client Engineering Services segment engages in the provision of client engineering services to support customers with long-term, ongoing product design and development expertise. The company was founded by James Ralph Scapa in 1985 and is headquartered in Troy, MI.
ALTR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ALTR Latest Social Stream
View Full ALTR Social Stream
Latest ALTR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ALTAIR ENGINEERING INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ALTR as an investment opportunity.
Explore the resurgence of 3D printing stocks, forecasted for a robust 23.3% CAGR, signaling expansive growth through 2030.
Altair (Nasdaq: ALTR), a global leader in computational science and artificial intelligence (AI), announced significant upgrades to Altair® HPCWorks™, its high-performance computing (HPC) and cloud platform. New tools and integrations include an AI-enhanced user portal, next-generation technology for distributed workflows, advanced HPC monitoring and reporting, and easier-than-ever cloud scaling.
In the realm of stock market movements, insider transactions hold a special place for investors seeking clues about a company's health and the confidence level of its senior executives and directors.
Conestoga Capital Advisors, an asset management company, released its “Small Cap Strategy” third-quarter 2023 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. The Small Cap Composite returned -6.72% net-of-fees in the third quarter, compared to the Russell 2000 Growth Index’s -7.32% return. The strategy’s outperformance was driven by positive stock selection effects, while sector […]
Polen Capital, an investment management firm, released its “U.S. Small Company Growth Fund” third quarter 2023 investor letter, a copy of which can be downloaded here. In the third quarter, the U.S. Small Company Growth Composite Portfolio, referred to as the “Portfolio,” posted returns of -3.66% gross and -3.97% net of fees. This performance is […]
ALTR Price Returns
Continue Researching ALTRHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Altair Engineering Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Altair Engineering Inc (ALTR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Altair Engineering Inc (ALTR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Altair Engineering Inc (ALTR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch