Alexander's, Inc. (ALX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ALX POWR Grades
- ALX scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 92.62% of US stocks.
- ALX's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- ALX ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 35th percentile.
ALX Stock Summary
- ALX's went public 36.78 years ago, making it older than 93.22% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of ALEXANDERS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.38% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For ALX, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by just 0.16% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to ALX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are DRE, DHC, CPG, GLNG, and HTLD.
- ALX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit ALEXANDERS INC's official web site, go to www.alx-inc.com.
ALX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Real Estate stock, ALX's EV/EBIT ratio is 51.28% lower, now standing at 13.3.
- ALX's price/earnings ratio has moved down 143.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ALX.
ALX Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -6.15%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -25.59%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 176.99%.
The table below shows ALX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ALX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ALX has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 18.6% of graded US stocks.
- ALX's asset turnover comes in at 0.15 -- ranking 122nd of 444 Trading stocks.
- PGRE, GLAD, and BRG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ALX.
The table below shows ALX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ALX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ALX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$209.63||52-week high||$299.99|
|Prev. close||$211.86||52-week low||$205.00|
|Day high||$212.52||Avg. volume||11,198|
|50-day MA||$235.92||Dividend yield||8.5%|
|200-day MA||$244.86||Market Cap||1.07B|
Alexander's, Inc. (ALX) Company Bio
Alexander's Inc. engages in leasing, managing, developing, and redeveloping properties in the greater New York City metropolitan area. The company was founded in 1955 and is based in Paramus, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
ALX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ALX Latest Social Stream
View Full ALX Social Stream
Latest ALX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ALEXANDERS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ALX as an investment opportunity.
Activist intervention can lead to a jump in the share price, as investors follow the activist's lead and grab hold of as much of the stock as they can. I especially take notice when activist investors get involved with real estate investment trusts.
Alexander's (ALX) delivered FFO and revenue surprises of 4.35% and 0.35%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
PARAMUS, N.J., Aug. 01, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ALEXANDER’S, INC. (New York Stock Exchange: ALX) filed its Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2022 today and reported: Second Quarter 2022 Financial Results Net income for the quarter ended June 30, 2022 was $14.8 million, or $2.89 per diluted share, compared to $25.9 million, or $5.05 per diluted share for the quarter ended June 30, 2021. Net income for the quarter ended June 30, 2021 included $9.1 million, or $1.78 per diluted share, of in
Lionbridge Capital, LP (together with its affiliates, "Lionbridge"), an alternative investment management firm and significant shareholder of Alexander's Inc. ("Alexander's," "ALX" or the "Company") (NYSE: ALX), today issued an open letter to Alexander's shareholders outlining its views and concerns regarding the current state of the Company's affairs.
PARAMUS, N.J., July 27, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Alexander’s, Inc. (NYSE: ALX) today announced that its Board of Directors has declared a regular quarterly dividend of $4.50 per share payable on August 19, 2022 to stockholders of record on August 8, 2022. Alexander’s, Inc. is a real estate investment trust that has six properties in the New York City metropolitan area. CONTACT:GARY HANSEN(201) 587-8541 Certain statements contained herein may constitute “forward-looking statements” within the mea
ALX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|