Applied Materials Inc. (AMAT): Price and Financial Metrics
AMAT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$134.20||52-week high||$138.80|
|Prev. close||$133.94||52-week low||$71.12|
|Day high||$134.20||Avg. volume||6,239,881|
|50-day MA||$119.94||Dividend yield||0.95%|
|200-day MA||$106.69||Market Cap||112.69B|
AMAT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMAT POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where AMAT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.2% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AMAT is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- AMAT ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 27th percentile.
AMAT Stock Summary
- AMAT has a higher market value than 97.96% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $102,876,266,119.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 692.78, APPLIED MATERIALS INC is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 96.37% of US stocks.
- APPLIED MATERIALS INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.61% of US equities in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AMAT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are VRTX, INTC, LRCX, REGN, and RACE.
- AMAT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit APPLIED MATERIALS INC's official web site, go to www.appliedmaterials.com.
AMAT Valuation Summary
- AMAT's price/sales ratio is 4.1; this is 57.69% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- Over the past 243 months, AMAT's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AMAT.
AMAT Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -16.51%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at 22.21%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 131.69%.
The table below shows AMAT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AMAT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AMAT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 85.5% of graded US stocks.
- AMAT's asset turnover comes in at 0.918 -- ranking 55th of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- BDR, MPWR, and ADI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AMAT.
The table below shows AMAT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AMAT Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of AMAT, see our AMAT price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$162.38||Average Broker Recommendation||1.53 (Moderate Buy)|
Applied Materials Inc. (AMAT) Company Bio
Applied Materials, Inc. is an American corporation that supplies equipment, services and software for the manufacture of semiconductor (integrated circuit) chips for electronics, flat panel displays for computers, smartphones and televisions, and solar products. The company also supplies equipment to produce coatings for flexible electronics, packaging and other applications. The company is headquartered in Santa Clara, California, in Silicon Valley. (Source:Wikipedia)
AMAT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMAT Latest Social Stream
View Full AMAT Social Stream
Latest AMAT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about APPLIED MATERIALS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMAT as an investment opportunity.
A Unique Way To Play The Coming $700 Billion Electric Vehicle Boom
Electric vehicles are set to become a $700 billion market by 2030, and the electric boat niche is a very fast-growing part of that market
Applied Materials, Inc. (AMAT) Bernstein's 39th Annual Strategic Decisions Conference 2023 (Transcript)
Applied Materials, Inc. (AMAT)
Bernstein's 39th Annual Strategic Decisions Conference 2023
June 1, 2023 1:30 PM ET
Gary Dickerson - President and Chief Executive Officer
Conference Call Participants
Stacy Rasgon - Bernstein
Thank you everyone for coming, oh, but you don't have a Safe Harbor statement or anything that I need to redo.
I don't think so.
Okay, we're good.
Sorry. Thank you for coming, everyone. I'm Stacy Rasgon, I cover...
7 Long-Term Stocks to Buy and Hold Until 2033
Stocks for investment until 2033 could very well provide returns well beyond that date and have stability as well
Missed Nvidia Stock? Pay Attention to This Semiconductor Stock Instead
Generative AI needs lots of expensive new chips, so don't sleep on fab equipment leaders like Applied Materials.
Looking For An Earlier Entry In Growth Stocks? Try This
Bullish chart patterns yield optimal buy points for stocks, but downward-sloping trend lines can often yield earlier entries.
AMAT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AMATWant to do more research on Applied Materials Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Applied Materials Inc (AMAT) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Applied Materials Inc (AMAT) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Applied Materials Inc (AMAT) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...