Applied Materials Inc. (AMAT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AMAT POWR Grades
- AMAT scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 85.68% of US stocks.
- AMAT's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- AMAT ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 27th percentile.
AMAT Stock Summary
- AMAT has a market capitalization of $71,354,059,728 -- more than approximately 97.39% of US stocks.
- APPLIED MATERIALS INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.22% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of APPLIED MATERIALS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 16.08% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to APPLIED MATERIALS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be LRCX, REGN, VRTX, MU, and CDNS.
- Visit AMAT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.appliedmaterials.com.
AMAT Valuation Summary
- AMAT's price/sales ratio is 3; this is 15.38% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- AMAT's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AMAT.
AMAT Growth Metrics
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 23.32%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -36.92%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 52.44%.
The table below shows AMAT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AMAT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AMAT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 85.5% of graded US stocks.
- AMAT's asset turnover comes in at 0.918 -- ranking 55th of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- BDR, MPWR, and ADI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AMAT.
The table below shows AMAT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AMAT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMAT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$89.41||52-week high||$167.06|
|Prev. close||$86.25||52-week low||$81.53|
|Day high||$90.27||Avg. volume||7,948,129|
|50-day MA||$97.07||Dividend yield||1.21%|
|200-day MA||$116.16||Market Cap||76.92B|
Applied Materials Inc. (AMAT) Company Bio
Applied Materials, Inc. is an American corporation that supplies equipment, services and software for the manufacture of semiconductor (integrated circuit) chips for electronics, flat panel displays for computers, smartphones and televisions, and solar products. The company also supplies equipment to produce coatings for flexible electronics, packaging and other applications. The company is headquartered in Santa Clara, California, in Silicon Valley. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
AMAT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMAT Latest Social Stream
View Full AMAT Social Stream
Latest AMAT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about APPLIED MATERIALS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMAT as an investment opportunity.
Today we're going to take a look at the well-established Applied Materials, Inc. ( NASDAQ:AMAT ). The company's stock...
Companies are still struggling to get enough computer chips for their products to meet customer demand. For reference, the iShares Semiconductor ETF (NASDAQ: SOXX) is down 38% year to date. Here's why Applied Materials (NASDAQ: AMAT) is a monster opportunity for investors amid this global chip shortage.
Applied Materials (AMAT) closed at $84.42 in the latest trading session, marking a -1.84% move from the prior day.
Declining Stock and Solid Fundamentals: Is The Market Wrong About Applied Materials, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMAT)?
With its stock down 15% over the past month, it is easy to disregard Applied Materials (NASDAQ:AMAT). But if you pay...
Applied Materials (NASDAQ:AMAT) sheds 5.2% this week, as yearly returns fall more in line with earnings growth
It might be of some concern to shareholders to see the Applied Materials, Inc. ( NASDAQ:AMAT ) share price down 17% in...
AMAT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|