Applied Materials Inc. (AMAT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AMAT POWR Grades
- AMAT scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 85.55% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AMAT is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- AMAT ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 33rd percentile.
AMAT Stock Summary
- AMAT has a higher market value than 97.8% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $96,189,721,322.
- APPLIED MATERIALS INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.47% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of APPLIED MATERIALS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 16.26% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to APPLIED MATERIALS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be REGN, LRCX, INTC, VRTX, and MU.
- Visit AMAT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.appliedmaterials.com.
AMAT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, AMAT's price/earnings ratio is 44.75% lower, now standing at 14.2.
- AMAT's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 42.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AMAT.
AMAT Growth Metrics
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at 22.21%.
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 23.32%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 19.26%.
The table below shows AMAT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AMAT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AMAT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 85.5% of graded US stocks.
- AMAT's asset turnover comes in at 0.918 -- ranking 55th of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- BDR, MPWR, and ADI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AMAT.
The table below shows AMAT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AMAT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMAT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$115.58||52-week high||$145.16|
|Prev. close||$113.95||52-week low||$71.12|
|Day high||$115.76||Avg. volume||5,584,359|
|50-day MA||$105.75||Dividend yield||0.91%|
|200-day MA||$100.56||Market Cap||97.57B|
Applied Materials Inc. (AMAT) Company Bio
Applied Materials, Inc. is an American corporation that supplies equipment, services and software for the manufacture of semiconductor (integrated circuit) chips for electronics, flat panel displays for computers, smartphones and televisions, and solar products. The company also supplies equipment to produce coatings for flexible electronics, packaging and other applications. The company is headquartered in Santa Clara, California, in Silicon Valley. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
AMAT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMAT Latest Social Stream
View Full AMAT Social Stream
Latest AMAT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about APPLIED MATERIALS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMAT as an investment opportunity.
Let's look at some key earnings releases this week -- in the context of what's happening in and outside their quarterly reports.
Applied Materials (AMAT) closed at $112.99 in the latest trading session, marking a -1.02% move from the prior day.
Finding the sectors that are primed for growth will lead you to growth stocks that will make you rich in 10 years
Barclays has some advice for semiconductor investors today -- but I think you should do the opposite.
Yahoo Finance Live anchors discuss Barclays upgrading its outlook on AMD and Qualcomm.
AMAT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|