Ambarella Inc. (AMBA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AMBA POWR Grades
- AMBA scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 73.75% of US stocks.
- AMBA's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- AMBA's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 13.72% of US stocks).
AMBA Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 8,558.85, AMBARELLA INC is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 99.74% of US stocks.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for AMBARELLA INC is higher than 87.67% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- For AMBA, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by just 9.42% of US equities we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to AMBARELLA INC, a group of peers worth examining would be OLED, ARWR, ALLO, ICVX, and TSP.
- AMBA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit AMBARELLA INC's official web site, go to www.ambarella.com.
AMBA Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, AMBA's price/earnings ratio is 359.28% lower, now standing at -50.3.
- AMBA's price/sales ratio has moved up 4.6 over the prior 121 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AMBA.
AMBA Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -174.28%.
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -63.18%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -26.72%.
The table below shows AMBA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AMBA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AMBA has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 59.26% of graded US stocks.
- AMBA's asset turnover comes in at 0.462 -- ranking 152nd of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- MEI, KE, and TTMI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AMBA.
The table below shows AMBA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AMBA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMBA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$61.54||52-week high||$227.59|
|Prev. close||$62.25||52-week low||$56.05|
|Day high||$61.66||Avg. volume||684,738|
|50-day MA||$74.92||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$98.12||Market Cap||2.36B|
Ambarella Inc. (AMBA) Company Bio
Ambarella Inc. is a developer of low-power, high-definition (HD) and Ultra HD video compression and image processing solutions. The company's products are used in a variety of HD cameras including security IP-cameras, sports cameras, wearable cameras, flying cameras and automotive video camera recorders. The company was founded in 2004 and is based in Santa Clara, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
AMBA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMBA Latest Social Stream
View Full AMBA Social Stream
Latest AMBA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AMBARELLA INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMBA as an investment opportunity.
Ambarella (AMBA) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
ASX vs. AMBA: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
After losing 55% in the past year, Ambarella, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMBA) institutional owners must be relieved by the recent gain
To get a sense of who is truly in control of Ambarella, Inc. ( NASDAQ:AMBA ), it is important to understand the...
Investors were bracing for bad news when Ambarella (NASDAQ: AMBA) reported its fiscal second-quarter results, and that's exactly what they received. The computer vision tech specialist reported nearly flat sales through late July and expanding losses thanks to major supply chain challenges. Ambarella's Q2 sales rose 2%, marking a sharp slowdown from the prior quarter's 29% spike.
Not surprisingly, chipmakers such as Ambarella (NASDAQ: AMBA) that were flying high in 2020 and 2021 are down in the dumps this year. In fact, Ambarella stock is more than 70% in 2022. Ambarella released fiscal 2023 second-quarter results (for the three months ending July 31, 2022) on Aug. 30, and investors didn't like what they saw.
AMBA Price Returns