Amedisys Inc (AMED): Price and Financial Metrics
AMED Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 253.74, Amedisys Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 85.53% of US stocks.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for AMED is currently 31.95, higher than 83.8% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- The volatility of Amedisys Inc's share price is greater than that of merely 18.49% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AMED, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are WOR, GTLS, TTEC, WD, and BKI.
- Visit AMED's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.amedisys.com.
AMED Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMED Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$281.04||52-week high||$325.12|
|Prev. close||$281.03||52-week low||$165.42|
|Day high||$285.88||Avg. volume||196,643|
|50-day MA||$273.58||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$256.78||Market Cap||9.23B|
Amedisys Inc (AMED) Company Bio
Amedisys provides home health and hospice care services. It operates through two segments, Home Health and Hospice. The company was founded in 1982 and is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
AMED Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for AMED, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Amedisys Inc ranked in the 47th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 27.17%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Amedisys Inc, consider:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 19.96 -- which is good for besting 79.88% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Healthcare sector with positive cash flow).
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 3% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately only 13.59% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- AMED's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 46.83% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
AMED Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMED Latest Social Stream
View Full AMED Social Stream
Latest AMED News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Amedisys Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMED as an investment opportunity.
Photo by The Good Brigade/DigitalVision via Getty Images Introduction Community Health Systems (CYH) is the $1.48B general acute care operator offering a range of varied health care services across the United States. As one of the largest generalist healthcare set-ups, the venture's affiliates own, operate and lease 84 hospitals across...
Yesterday, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (“CMS”) issued proposed rules that would update the terms and policies for the Skilled Nursing Facility prospective payment system and Hospice base payments for fiscal 2022.Proposals include an increase of 2.3% of payments for hospices compared to the proposed 2.6% and the final 2.4% increase in...
Biden's support to expand access to long-term care services under Medicaid bodes well for companies providing home healthcare.
If you're looking for a multi-bagger, there's a few things to keep an eye out for. Firstly, we'd want to identify a...
Amedisys (AMED) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
AMED Price Returns
Continue Researching AMEDHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Amedisys Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!