Amedisys Inc (AMED): Price and Financial Metrics
AMED Stock Summary
- Amedisys Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 80.88% of US listed stocks.
- AMED's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 255.48 -- higher than 85.56% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for AMED is currently 32.17, higher than 83.6% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Amedisys Inc are WOR, GTLS, TTEC, WD, and BKI.
- AMED's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Amedisys Inc's official web site, go to www.amedisys.com.
AMED Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMED Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$282.96||52-week high||$325.12|
|Prev. close||$283.99||52-week low||$165.42|
|Day high||$288.21||Avg. volume||197,768|
|50-day MA||$274.24||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$256.02||Market Cap||9.29B|
Amedisys Inc (AMED) Company Bio
Amedisys provides home health and hospice care services. It operates through two segments, Home Health and Hospice. The company was founded in 1982 and is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
AMED Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Amedisys Inc. To summarize, we found that Amedisys Inc ranked in the 46th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 28.67%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for AMED, they are:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 19.96 -- which is good for besting 79.79% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Healthcare sector with positive cash flow).
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 3% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately only 13.57% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- AMED's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 47.04% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
AMED Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMED Latest Social Stream
View Full AMED Social Stream
Latest AMED News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Amedisys Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMED as an investment opportunity.
Photo by The Good Brigade/DigitalVision via Getty Images Introduction Community Health Systems (CYH) is the $1.48B general acute care operator offering a range of varied health care services across the United States. As one of the largest generalist healthcare set-ups, the venture's affiliates own, operate and lease 84 hospitals across...
Amedisys' (AMED) new agreement to acquire Randolph Country regulatory assets will broaden the company's footprint in the Home Health care market.
Yesterday, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (“CMS”) issued proposed rules that would update the terms and policies for the Skilled Nursing Facility prospective payment system and Hospice base payments for fiscal 2022.Proposals include an increase of 2.3% of payments for hospices compared to the proposed 2.6% and the final 2.4% increase in...
Amedisys (AMED) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Amedisys Repurchases Approximately $73 Million of Stock Under Previously Authorized $100 Million Share Repurchase Program
BATON ROUGE, La., March 15, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Amedisys, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMED), a leading provider of home health, hospice and personal care, has repurchased approximately $73 million in stock beginning Monday, March 1. Late in 2020, the Amedisys Board of Directors authorized up to $100 million in share repurchases through December 31, 2021. “This was a very advantageous time to buy back the stock,” said Paul Kusserow, Amedisys Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “Our shareholders got a great deal on this repurchase. Given our low leverage and very strong cash flow, this repurchase has no impact on our ability to execute upon our inorganic growth strategy and will not impact our plan to deploy capital into acquisitions. Our pipeline in both home health and hospice remains very ful...
AMED Price Returns
Continue Researching AMEDHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Amedisys Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!