Amedisys Inc (AMED): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AMED POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where AMED ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.14% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AMED is in Sentiment, which has been heading down over the past 52 weeks.
- AMED ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 14th percentile.
AMED Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for AMED is 2.44 -- better than 79.71% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 35.38%, Amedisys Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 82.24% of about US stocks.
- The volatility of Amedisys Inc's share price is greater than that of 83.12% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AMED, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are FHB, FSI, WD, BOH, and TTEC.
- AMED's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Amedisys Inc's official web site, go to www.amedisys.com.
AMED Valuation Summary
- AMED's price/earnings ratio is 24.2; this is 33.7% lower than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- Over the past 243 months, AMED's price/earnings ratio has gone up 20.4.
- Over the past 243 months, AMED's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AMED.
AMED Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 310.76%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 26.72%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 79.24%.
The table below shows AMED's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AMED's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AMED has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 99.52% of graded US stocks.
- AMED's asset turnover comes in at 1.321 -- ranking 11th of 81 Healthcare stocks.
- RDNT, CHE, and VCYT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AMED.
The table below shows AMED's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AMED Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMED Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$139.65||52-week high||$325.12|
|Prev. close||$144.75||52-week low||$137.82|
|Day high||$146.08||Avg. volume||284,716|
|50-day MA||$162.40||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$224.72||Market Cap||4.55B|
Amedisys Inc (AMED) Company Bio
Amedisys provides home health and hospice care services. It operates through two segments, Home Health and Hospice. The company was founded in 1982 and is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Most Popular Stories View All
AMED Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMED Latest Social Stream
View Full AMED Social Stream
Latest AMED News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Amedisys Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMED as an investment opportunity.
AMED, CSII, DVA, GFF, and LTRX have been added to the Zacks Rank #5 (Strong Sell) List on November 19, 2021.
BATON ROUGE, La., Nov. 19, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Amedisys, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMED), a leading provider of home health, hospice, personal care and high acuity care services, today announced that Paul B. Kusserow, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Chris Gerard, President and Chief Operating Officer and Scott Ginn, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer will present at the Stephens Annual Investment Conference on December 3rd at 10:00 am Eastern. To access a live webcast of the Ame
Some have more dollars than sense, they say, so even companies that have no revenue, no profit, and a record of falling...
Penn State Health Partners with Highmark Health and Contessa to Launch Home Recovery Care, a new At-Home Option for Patients
Penn State Health announced a new partnership with Highmark Health, a national, blended health organization based in Pittsburgh, and Contessa, an Amedisys company (NASDAQ: AMED), the nation's leading operator of high-acuity home care based in Nashville. The joint venture will operate Penn State Health Home Recovery Care which includes Hospital Care at Home and Skilled Nursing Care at Home, bringing all the essential elements of hospital and skilled nursing care into the comfort of patients' home
Carillon Tower Advisers, an investment management firm, published its “Carillon Eagle Mid Cap Growth Fund” third quarter 2021 investor letter – a copy of which can be downloaded here. The Russell Midcap® Growth Index (down 0.76%) marginally outperformed its Russell Midcap® Value Index (down 1.01%) counterpart. Individual sectors across the Russell Midcap Growth were largely […]
AMED Price Returns