Amedisys Inc (AMED): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AMED POWR Grades
- AMED scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 99.37% of US stocks.
- AMED's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- AMED's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 37.02% of US stocks).
AMED Stock Summary
- Amedisys Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 82.27% of US listed stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -29.22%, Amedisys Inc's debt growth rate surpasses merely 16.98% of about US stocks.
- The volatility of Amedisys Inc's share price is greater than that of merely 12.13% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Amedisys Inc are PNR, MORN, HELE, SAM, and RBA.
- Visit AMED's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.amedisys.com.
AMED Valuation Summary
- AMED's EV/EBIT ratio is 36; this is 34.83% higher than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- Over the past 243 months, AMED's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 32.6.
- AMED's price/earnings ratio has moved up 39.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AMED.
AMED Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 211.67%.
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at 49.12%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 103.58%.
The table below shows AMED's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AMED Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMED Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$260.62||52-week high||$325.12|
|Prev. close||$255.46||52-week low||$216.20|
|Day high||$260.95||Avg. volume||204,268|
|50-day MA||$256.16||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$267.19||Market Cap||8.49B|
Amedisys Inc (AMED) Company Bio
Amedisys provides home health and hospice care services. It operates through two segments, Home Health and Hospice. The company was founded in 1982 and is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
AMED Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Amedisys Inc. To summarize, we found that Amedisys Inc ranked in the 54th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for AMED, they are:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 24.88; that's higher than 81.25% of US stocks in the Healthcare sector that have positive free cash flow.
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 4% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than just 15.29% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- AMED's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 49.6% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
AMED Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMED Latest Social Stream
View Full AMED Social Stream
Latest AMED News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Amedisys Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMED as an investment opportunity.
Amedisys (AMED) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
EHC vs. AMED: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
Pekic/E+ via Getty Images In line with home health care provider Amedisys' (AMED) M&A-led growth strategy, I view its pending acquisition of specialty home care provider Contessa positively. In particular, the addition of Contessa is an excellent fit with its strategy to expand its home healthcare capabilities, allowing it to...
The latest development remains in line with Amedisys' (AMED) ongoing efforts to expand footprint in key markets.
We at Insider Monkey have gone over 866 13F filings that hedge funds and prominent investors are required to file by the SEC. The 13F filings show the funds’ and investors’ portfolio positions as of March 31st. In this article, we look at what those funds think of Amedisys Inc (NASDAQ:AMED) based on that data. […]
AMED Price Returns