Amedisys Inc (AMED): Price and Financial Metrics
AMED Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$92.60||52-week high||$131.32|
|Prev. close||$92.37||52-week low||$69.36|
|Day high||$93.46||Avg. volume||569,684|
|50-day MA||$78.29||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$90.12||Market Cap||3.01B|
AMED Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMED POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where AMED ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.09% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AMED is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 161 days.
- AMED's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 5.64% of US stocks).
AMED Stock Summary
- AMEDISYS INC's stock had its IPO on September 2, 1994, making it an older stock than 77.69% of US equities in our set.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for AMED is currently 22.74, higher than 79.18% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -10.76%, AMEDISYS INC's debt growth rate surpasses just 24.59% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to AMEDISYS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be NHC, APEI, MTW, PRG, and CPHC.
- AMED's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit AMEDISYS INC's official web site, go to www.amedisys.com.
AMED Valuation Summary
- AMED's price/sales ratio is 1.1; this is 50% lower than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- Over the past 243 months, AMED's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AMED.
AMED Growth Metrics
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 12.23%.
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 143.77%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 175.74%.
The table below shows AMED's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AMED's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AMED has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 99.52% of graded US stocks.
- AMED's asset turnover comes in at 1.321 -- ranking 11th of 81 Healthcare stocks.
- RDNT, CHE, and VCYT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AMED.
The table below shows AMED's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AMED Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of AMED, see our AMED price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$240.92||Average Broker Recommendation||1.62 (Moderate Buy)|
Amedisys Inc (AMED) Company Bio
Amedisys provides home health and hospice care services. It operates through two segments, Home Health and Hospice. The company was founded in 1982 and is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
AMED Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMED Latest Social Stream
View Full AMED Social Stream
Latest AMED News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AMEDISYS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMED as an investment opportunity.
Amedisys (AMED) Q1 Earnings Beat Estimates, Margins Dip
Amedisys (AMED) sees a year-over-year decline in the Hospice segment's revenues.
Healthcare Giants Join Hands: Option Care Health Acquires Amedisys in a $3.6 Billion Stock Swap
Option Care Health Inc (NASDAQ: OPCH) and Amedisys Inc (NASDAQ: AMED) have agreed to combine in an all-stock, valuing Amedisys at approximately $3.6 billion. Each Amedisys share will be exchanged for 3.0213 shares of Option Care Health, equivalent to $97.38 per Amedisys share. Option Care Health stockholders will own approximately 64.5% of the combined company, and Amedisys stockholders 35.5%. Together, Option Care Health and Amedisys will have a national clinical workforce of over 16,500 profes
Amedisys (AMED) Q1 Earnings: Taking a Look at Key Metrics Versus Estimates
While the top- and bottom-line numbers for Amedisys (AMED) give a sense of how the business performed in the quarter ended March 2023, it could be worth looking at how some of its key metrics compare to Wall Street estimates and year-ago values.
Amedisys (AMED) Q1 Earnings Top Estimates
Amedisys (AMED) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 16.28% and 0.58%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2023. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
AMEDISYS REPORTS FIRST QUARTER 2023 FINANCIAL RESULTS AND UPDATES 2023 GUIDANCE
Amedisys, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMED) today reported its financial results for the three-month period ended March 31, 2023.
AMED Price Returns
Continue Researching AMEDHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Amedisys Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Amedisys Inc (AMED) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Amedisys Inc (AMED) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Amedisys Inc (AMED) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...