Amgen Inc. (AMGN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AMGN POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where AMGN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.26% of US stocks.
- AMGN's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- AMGN's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 12.41% of US stocks).
AMGN Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $152,022,051,581, AMGEN INC has a greater market value than 98.8% of US stocks.
- AMGEN INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 94.75% of US listed stocks.
- AMGN's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 97.55% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to AMGEN INC, a group of peers worth examining would be TXN, RTX, BMY, GILD, and DE.
- Visit AMGN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.amgen.com.
AMGN Valuation Summary
- AMGN's price/earnings ratio is 22.3; this is 4.7% lower than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- Over the past 243 months, AMGN's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 78.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AMGN.
AMGN Growth Metrics
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 6.81%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -11.28%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 137.18%.
The table below shows AMGN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AMGN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AMGN has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 98.04% of graded US stocks.
- AMGN's asset turnover comes in at 0.412 -- ranking 113th of 682 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- UTHR, NBY, and AERI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AMGN.
The table below shows AMGN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AMGN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMGN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$283.29||52-week high||$296.67|
|Prev. close||$284.91||52-week low||$207.36|
|Day high||$287.44||Avg. volume||3,002,708|
|50-day MA||$264.37||Dividend yield||2.72%|
|200-day MA||$247.58||Market Cap||151.16B|
Amgen Inc. (AMGN) Company Bio
Amgen Inc. (formerly Applied Molecular Genetics Inc.) is an American multinational biopharmaceutical company headquartered in Thousand Oaks, California. One of the world's largest independent biotechnology companies, Amgen was established in Thousand Oaks, California, in 1980. Amgen's Thousand Oaks staff in 2017 numbered 5,125 (7.5% of total city employment) and included hundreds of scientists, making Amgen the largest employer in Ventura County. Focused on molecular biology and biochemistry, its goal is to provide a healthcare business based on recombinant DNA technology. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
AMGN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMGN Latest Social Stream
View Full AMGN Social Stream
Latest AMGN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AMGEN INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMGN as an investment opportunity.
2022 took a toll on a lot of portfolios, leaving many investors feeling more like a Grinch than looking for Christmas stocks to buy.
Johnson & Johnson dropped out of the bidding process for Horizon Therapeutics, pushing HZNP stock into the red on Monday.
Amgen Inc's experimental obesity drug demonstrated promising durability trends in an early trial, paving the way for a larger mid-stage study early next year, company officials said ahead of a data presentation on Saturday. The small Phase I trial found that patients maintained their weight loss for 70 days after receiving the highest tested dose of the injected drug, currently known as AMG133. Amgen shares have gained about 5% since the company said on Nov. 7 that 12 weeks of trial treatment at the highest monthly dose of AMG133 resulted in mean weight loss of 14.5%.
Generally speaking the aim of active stock picking is to find companies that provide returns that are superior to the...
Economic and geopolitical concerns have weighed heavily on investor sentiment throughout the year. Investors seeking more certainty in an uncertain environment would do well to consider buying safe, high-yielding dividend stocks. This is because the highest-quality income stocks can provide ever-growing passive income to investors through almost any economic downturn.
AMGN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|