Amgen Inc. (AMGN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AMGN POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where AMGN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.5% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AMGN is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 178 days.
- AMGN's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 9.24% of US stocks).
AMGN Stock Summary
- AMGN has a higher market value than 98.5% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $122,702,399,730.
- AMGEN INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 94.46% of US listed stocks.
- AMGN's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 98.13% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AMGN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are NFLX, TXN, GSK, ADI, and GILD.
- AMGN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit AMGEN INC's official web site, go to www.amgen.com.
AMGN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, AMGN's price/sales ratio is 0% higher, now standing at 4.7.
- AMGN's price/sales ratio has moved down 8.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AMGN.
AMGN Growth Metrics
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 10.8%.
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -10.5%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 9.81%.
The table below shows AMGN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AMGN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AMGN has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 98.04% of graded US stocks.
- AMGN's asset turnover comes in at 0.412 -- ranking 113th of 682 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- UTHR, NBY, and AERI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AMGN.
The table below shows AMGN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AMGN Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of AMGN, see our AMGN price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$250.00||Average Broker Recommendation||1.78 (Moderate Buy)|
AMGN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMGN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$234.72||52-week high||$296.67|
|Prev. close||$229.79||52-week low||$223.30|
|Day high||$235.16||Avg. volume||2,551,191|
|50-day MA||$245.86||Dividend yield||3.63%|
|200-day MA||$251.60||Market Cap||125.33B|
Amgen Inc. (AMGN) Company Bio
Amgen Inc. (formerly Applied Molecular Genetics Inc.) is an American multinational biopharmaceutical company headquartered in Thousand Oaks, California. One of the world's largest independent biotechnology companies, Amgen was established in Thousand Oaks, California, in 1980. Amgen's Thousand Oaks staff in 2017 numbered 5,125 (7.5% of total city employment) and included hundreds of scientists, making Amgen the largest employer in Ventura County. Focused on molecular biology and biochemistry, its goal is to provide a healthcare business based on recombinant DNA technology. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
AMGN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMGN Latest Social Stream
View Full AMGN Social Stream
Latest AMGN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AMGEN INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMGN as an investment opportunity.
Top Analyst Reports for Alphabet, Tesla & Amgen
Today's Research Daily features new research reports on 16 major stocks, including Alphabet Inc. (GOOGL), Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) and Amgen Inc. (AMGN).
3 Dow Stocks Near 52-Week Lows That Look Like Bargains Now
The past 15 months have been disastrous for the major stock market indexes, but one has fared better than its peers. The Dow Jones Industrial Average has fallen around 12% since the end of 2021. While traditionally filled with industrial and financial stocks, there aren't any specific rules that determine which companies become one of the Dow's 30 components.
Amgen to cut about 450 jobs in second round of layoffs this year
Amgen Inc. on Thursday said it would lay off about 450 employees, or less than 2% of its workforce, as it faces increasing pressure from drug prices and high inflation.
Amgen to cut 450 jobs in second round of layoffs this year
"We made these changes to realign our expense base in the face of intensifying pressure on drug prices and high levels of inflation," a company spokeswoman said in a statement to Reuters. The company had about 25,200 staff members in more than 50 countries as of Dec. 31, 2022, according to its latest annual regulatory filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Amgen's decision to downsize its workforce underscores the impact of rapidly increasing interest rates on the healthcare industry.
UPDATE 2-Amgen to cut 450 jobs in second round of layoffs this year
Amgen Inc said on Thursday it would cut 450 jobs, or less than 2% of its workforce, making it the company's second round of layoffs this year amid intensifying pressure on drug prices and high inflation. "We made these changes to realign our expense base in the face of intensifying pressure on drug prices and high levels of inflation," a company spokeswoman said in a statement to Reuters. The company had about 25,200 staff members in more than 50 countries as of Dec. 31, 2022, according to its latest annual regulatory filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
AMGN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AMGNWant to see what other sources are saying about Amgen Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Amgen Inc (AMGN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Amgen Inc (AMGN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Amgen Inc (AMGN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...