Amgen Inc. (AMGN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AMGN POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where AMGN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.34% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AMGN is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- AMGN's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 8.18% of US stocks).
AMGN Stock Summary
- Amgen Inc's market capitalization of $134,544,874,030 is ahead of 98.2% of US-listed equities.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for AMGN is 3.88 -- better than 88.54% of US stocks.
- Amgen Inc's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.84% of US equities in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Amgen Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be BMY, RTX, SNY, GSK, and NFLX.
- Visit AMGN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.amgen.com.
AMGN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, AMGN's price/sales ratio is 55.95% lower, now standing at 5.
- Over the past 243 months, AMGN's price/earnings ratio has gone down 35.2.
- Over the past 243 months, AMGN's price/sales ratio has gone down 13.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AMGN.
AMGN Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 7.77%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 4.48%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 6.36%.
The table below shows AMGN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AMGN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AMGN has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 98.04% of graded US stocks.
- AMGN's asset turnover comes in at 0.412 -- ranking 113th of 682 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- UTHR, NBY, and AERI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AMGN.
The table below shows AMGN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AMGN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMGN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$246.73||52-week high||$258.45|
|Prev. close||$243.51||52-week low||$198.64|
|Day high||$247.10||Avg. volume||3,244,986|
|50-day MA||$244.09||Dividend yield||3.19%|
|200-day MA||$227.50||Market Cap||131.80B|
Amgen Inc. (AMGN) Company Bio
Amgen Inc. (formerly Applied Molecular Genetics Inc.) is an American multinational biopharmaceutical company headquartered in Thousand Oaks, California. One of the world's largest independent biotechnology companies, Amgen was established in Thousand Oaks, California, in 1980. Amgen's Thousand Oaks staff in 2017 numbered 5,125 (7.5% of total city employment) and included hundreds of scientists, making Amgen the largest employer in Ventura County. Focused on molecular biology and biochemistry, its goal is to provide a healthcare business based on recombinant DNA technology. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
AMGN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMGN Latest Social Stream
View Full AMGN Social Stream
Latest AMGN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Amgen Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMGN as an investment opportunity.
The Massachusetts life sciences industry is rife with companies developing drugs and devices to tackle serious diseases, inking new partnership deals, raising money, expanding facilities and more.
Biopharmaceutical company Amgen Inc. (NASDAQ: AMGN) recently revealed the issuance of its inaugural $750 million green bond to advance its ESG goals. The green bond is part of a $4 billion underwritten public offering of senior notes that was issued on February 22, 2022. The $750 million green bond has a 3.000% semi-annual coupon and will mature in 2029. Details of the Issue The green bond issue is in line with the company’s previously announced plans to achieve carbon neutrality in its operations by 2027, slash water usage by 40%, and reduce waste disposal by 75%.
Biotechnology company Amgen announced today the issuance of its inaugural $750 million green bond, with proceeds aimed at financing environmental impact mitigation projects in areas including renewable energy and green transportation. The bond has a 3.000% semi-annual coupon and matures in 2029. The issuance follows the launch last year by Amgen of a seven-year environmental  The post Amgen Launches $750 Million Green Bond to Fund Environmental Impact Mitigation Projects appeared first on ESG Today .
Osteoporosis Treatment Market Is Booming Worldwide 2022-2028 | EffRx Pharmaceuticals SA, Daiichi Sankyo Company, Limited, Amgen Inc.
The Osteoporosis Treatment Market reports aims to convey a reasonable understanding of the business which has been analyzed by using primary and secondary research strategies. The major purpose of this Osteoporosis Treatment Market report is to provide an in-depth view
If history is any guide, there may be good fortune ahead for shares of Amgen (NASDAQ: AMGN ). A so-called "golden cross" has formed on its chart and, not surprisingly, this could be bullish for the stock. What To Know: Many traders use moving average crossover systems to make their decisions. When a shorter-term average price crosses above a longer-term average price, it could mean the stock is trending higher. If the short-term average price crosses below the long-term Full story available on Benzinga.com
AMGN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|