Amgen Inc. (AMGN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AMGN POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where AMGN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.82% of US stocks.
- AMGN's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 163 days.
- AMGN's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 12.47% of US stocks).
AMGN Stock Summary
- AMGN has a higher market value than 98.15% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $128,931,564,968.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for AMGN is 3.14 -- better than 85.12% of US stocks.
- AMGN's went public 36.08 years ago, making it older than 92.74% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Amgen Inc are SNY, IBM, MDT, BMY, and DE.
- Visit AMGN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.amgen.com.
AMGN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, AMGN's price/sales ratio is 55.95% lower, now standing at 5.
- Over the past 243 months, AMGN's price/earnings ratio has gone down 35.2.
- Over the past 243 months, AMGN's price/sales ratio has gone down 13.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AMGN.
AMGN Growth Metrics
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 165.44%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -2.32%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 6.36%.
The table below shows AMGN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AMGN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AMGN has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 98.04% of graded US stocks.
- AMGN's asset turnover comes in at 0.412 -- ranking 113th of 682 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- UTHR, NBY, and AERI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AMGN.
The table below shows AMGN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AMGN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMGN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$227.72||52-week high||$276.69|
|Prev. close||$228.90||52-week low||$198.64|
|Day high||$231.46||Avg. volume||2,610,971|
|50-day MA||$217.23||Dividend yield||3.09%|
|200-day MA||$228.53||Market Cap||128.27B|
Amgen Inc. (AMGN) Company Bio
Amgen Inc. (formerly Applied Molecular Genetics Inc.) is an American multinational biopharmaceutical company headquartered in Thousand Oaks, California. One of the world's largest independent biotechnology companies, Amgen was established in Thousand Oaks, California, in 1980. Amgen's Thousand Oaks staff in 2017 numbered 5,125 (7.5% of total city employment) and included hundreds of scientists, making Amgen the largest employer in Ventura County. Focused on molecular biology and biochemistry, its goal is to provide a healthcare business based on recombinant DNA technology. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
AMGN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMGN Latest Social Stream
View Full AMGN Social Stream
Latest AMGN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Amgen Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMGN as an investment opportunity.
or recurrent non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) that has progressed post systemic anticancer therapy. Notably, in March 2021, LUMAKRAS was granted Orphan Drug Designation by the Japan Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare (MHLW). Supporting Data Amgen said that the regulator’s approval followed positive data from the Phase 2 CodeBreaK 100 clinical trial in NSCLC. LUMAKRAS 960 mg, which was administered orally once-daily, showed an objective response rate (ORR) of 37% in 123 participants.
Stocks Analysis by Zacks Investment Research covering: Amgen Inc, Dynavax Technologies Corporation, Mirati Ther, AnaptysBio Inc. Read Zacks Investment Research''s latest article on Investing.com
So far 2022 has been brutal for growth stocks. A good place to hide might be the healthcare sector. It's a great defensive play, as healthcare is as basic as food. And these stocks all pay a nice dividend.
Investment company Beacon Financial Advisory LLC (Current Portfolio) buys McDonald's Corp, First Trust NASDAQ Rising Dividend Achievers ETF, Nucor Corp, PIMCO Intermediate Municipal Bond Active Exchange-, iShares 0-5 Year TIPS Bond ETF, sells Tesla Inc, Paychex Inc, iShares MBS ETF, iShares Fallen Angels USD Bond ETF, iShares 1-3 Year Credit Bond ETF during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Beacon Financial Advisory LLC.
Amgen's (AMGN) KRAS inhibitor, Lumakras, gets approval in Japan for the treatment of KRAS G12C-mutated positive advanced/recurrent non-small-cell lung cancer.
AMGN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|