American Superconductor Corporation (AMSC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AMSC POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where AMSC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 86.19% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AMSC is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 52 weeks.
- AMSC's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 5.38% of US stocks).
AMSC Stock Summary
- American Superconductor Corp's stock had its IPO on December 12, 1991, making it an older stock than 82.22% of US equities in our set.
- For AMSC, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by merely 12.2% of US equities we're observing.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, AMSC is more volatile than 87.42% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to American Superconductor Corp are NURO, MBII, VYNE, NXGN, and BIGC.
- Visit AMSC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.amsc.com.
AMSC Valuation Summary
- AMSC's EV/EBIT ratio is -12.5; this is 157.21% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- AMSC's price/sales ratio has moved down 10.3 over the prior 243 months.
- AMSC's price/earnings ratio has moved down 8.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AMSC.
AMSC Growth Metrics
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 36.48%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at -41.47%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 26.12%.
The table below shows AMSC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AMSC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AMSC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 25.29% of graded US stocks.
- AMSC's asset turnover comes in at 0.564 -- ranking 28th of 53 Electrical Equipment stocks.
- EFOI, THR, and POLA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AMSC.
The table below shows AMSC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AMSC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMSC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$17.14||52-week high||$31.78|
|Prev. close||$17.15||52-week low||$11.25|
|Day high||$17.25||Avg. volume||392,254|
|50-day MA||$14.10||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$17.78||Market Cap||485.54M|
American Superconductor Corporation (AMSC) Company Bio
American Superconductor Corporation provides megawatt-scale solutions worldwide. It operates through two segments, Wind and Grid. The company was founded in 1987 and is based in Devens, Massachusetts.
Most Popular Stories View All
AMSC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMSC Latest Social Stream
View Full AMSC Social Stream
Latest AMSC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about American Superconductor Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMSC as an investment opportunity.
A look at the shareholders of American Superconductor Corporation ( NASDAQ:AMSC ) can tell us which group is most...
With the demand for electricity climbing amid the EV revolution, it's an excellent time for investors to purchase electric stocks.
American Superconductor Corp (NASDAQ: AMSC ) has received $22 million of new energy power systems orders.
Semiconductors and Industrials Drive DemandAYER, Mass., Oct. 06, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- AMSC® (NASDAQ: AMSC), a leading system provider of megawatt-scale power resiliency solutions that orchestrate the rhythm and harmony of power on the grid™ and protect and expand the capability of our Navy’s fleet, today announced $22 million of new energy power systems orders. This includes orders for reactive compensation, enclosed capacitor banks, harmonic filters, voltage controllers, rectifiers and tran
COVID-19 Lockdown Impact Superconducting Magnetic Energy Storage (SMES) Systems Market is About to Be Dominated by Top Industries: American Superconductor Corporation, Super Power Inc, Bruker Energy & Supercon Technologies, Fujikura (More Details in Sample)
Global Superconducting Magnetic Energy Storage (SMES) Systems Market Research Report will give its customers Full Analytical Research, which gives all in-out details about Key Players like company profile, product portfolio, capacity, price, cost, and revenue for the forecast period of 2020 2026. This Report gives a full evaluation of the Superconducting Magnetic Energy Storage 
AMSC Price Returns
Continue Researching AMSCWant to do more research on American Superconductor Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
American Superconductor Corp (AMSC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American Superconductor Corp (AMSC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American Superconductor Corp (AMSC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch