American Superconductor Corporation (AMSC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AMSC POWR Grades
- AMSC scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 75.1% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AMSC is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 163 days.
- AMSC's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 15.28% of US stocks).
AMSC Stock Summary
- American Superconductor Corp's stock had its IPO on December 12, 1991, making it an older stock than 82.35% of US equities in our set.
- For AMSC, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by just 12.82% of US equities we're observing.
- American Superconductor Corp's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -21.63%, greater than the shareholder yield of only 16.94% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to American Superconductor Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be NURO, FLDM, NSPR, SILK, and AMST.
- Visit AMSC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.amsc.com.
AMSC Valuation Summary
- AMSC's EV/EBIT ratio is -12.5; this is 157.21% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- AMSC's price/sales ratio has moved down 10.3 over the prior 243 months.
- AMSC's price/earnings ratio has moved down 8.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AMSC.
AMSC Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -24.21%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 144.75%.
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -261.86%.
The table below shows AMSC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AMSC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AMSC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 30.14% of graded US stocks.
- AMSC's asset turnover comes in at 0.564 -- ranking 28th of 53 Electrical Equipment stocks.
- ITGR, EFOI, and THR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AMSC.
The table below shows AMSC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AMSC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMSC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$7.98||52-week high||$30.75|
|Prev. close||$8.53||52-week low||$7.95|
|Day high||$8.48||Avg. volume||214,707|
|50-day MA||$11.75||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$14.30||Market Cap||226.59M|
American Superconductor Corporation (AMSC) Company Bio
American Superconductor Corporation provides megawatt-scale solutions worldwide. It operates through two segments, Wind and Grid. The company was founded in 1987 and is based in Devens, Massachusetts.
Most Popular Stories View All
AMSC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMSC Latest Social Stream
View Full AMSC Social Stream
Latest AMSC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about American Superconductor Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMSC as an investment opportunity.
No summary available.
American Superconductor Co. (NASDAQ:AMSC) CFO John W. Kosiba, Jr. sold 22,754 shares of the stock in a transaction that occurred on Friday, December 10th. The shares were sold at an average price of $11.31, for a total value of $257,347.74. The sale was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which can be accessed 
American Superconductor Co. (NASDAQ:AMSC) was the target of a large decline in short interest in the month of November. As of November 15th, there was short interest totalling 1,270,000 shares, a decline of 19.6% from the October 31st total of 1,580,000 shares. Approximately 6.0% of the companys stock are sold short. Based on an average 
TheStreet downgraded shares of American Superconductor (NASDAQ:AMSC) from a c- rating to a d+ rating in a research report released on Wednesday morning, TheStreetRatingsTable reports. Separately, Zacks Investment Research lowered American Superconductor from a hold rating to a sell rating in a research report on Wednesday, November 17th. American Superconductor stock opened at $11.26 on  The post American Superconductor (NASDAQ:AMSC) Downgraded to D+ at TheStreet appeared first on ETF Daily News .
Analysts expect that American Superconductor Co. (NASDAQ:AMSC) will announce ($0.17) earnings per share for the current fiscal quarter, according to Zacks Investment Research. Two analysts have made estimates for American Superconductors earnings, with estimates ranging from ($0.18) to ($0.15). American Superconductor posted earnings per share of ($0.13) in the same quarter last year, which would 
AMSC Price Returns
Continue Researching AMSCWant to do more research on American Superconductor Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
American Superconductor Corp (AMSC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American Superconductor Corp (AMSC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American Superconductor Corp (AMSC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch