AutoNation, Inc. (AN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AN POWR Grades
- AN scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 96.95% of US stocks.
- AN's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- AN's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 13.31% of US stocks).
AN Stock Summary
- AUTONATION INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 97.32% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 3.97, AUTONATION INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 9.11% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.22, AUTONATION INC has a higher such ratio than only 6.38% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to AUTONATION INC, a group of peers worth examining would be ARW, WCC, LAD, GPI, and SAH.
- AN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit AUTONATION INC's official web site, go to www.autonation.com.
AN Valuation Summary
- AN's price/earnings ratio is 4; this is 62.62% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 243 months, AN's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AN.
AN Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at -2.08%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 560.77%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 1089.9%.
The table below shows AN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AN has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 91.24% of graded US stocks.
- AN's asset turnover comes in at 2.808 -- ranking 14th of 165 Retail stocks.
- SAH, TGT, and SHW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AN.
The table below shows AN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$107.41||52-week high||$135.57|
|Prev. close||$105.36||52-week low||$96.56|
|Day high||$108.38||Avg. volume||832,677|
|50-day MA||$118.76||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$113.96||Market Cap||6.01B|
AutoNation, Inc. (AN) Company Bio
AutoNation provides new and used automotive and spare parts retail services in the United States. The company operates in three segments: Domestic, Import, and Premium Luxury. The company is based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Most Popular Stories View All
AN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AN Latest Social Stream
View Full AN Social Stream
Latest AN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AUTONATION INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AN as an investment opportunity.
In the latest trading session, AutoNation (AN) closed at $107.54, marking a +0.02% move from the previous day.
AutoNation, Inc. (NYSE:AN), America's most admired automotive retailer, today announced that it was named an Industry Leader in the 2022 Automotive Reputation Report, Reputation's analysis of customer feedback on 20,000 automotive brands and dealerships in North America (United States and Canada), and 15,000 more across Europe.
AutoNation, Inc. ( NYSE:AN ), is not the largest company out there, but it saw significant share price movement during...
Wondering how to pick strong, market-beating stocks for your investment portfolio? Look no further than the Zacks Style Scores.
AutoNation and DRVPNK to be Featured on Season 13 Premier Of CBS' Daytime Emmy Award-Winning Talk Show "The Talk"
In honor of cancer survivors and those battling the disease, AutoNation, Inc. (NYSE:AN), America's most admired automotive retailer, is partnering with CBS' Daytime Emmy Award-Winning talk show @TheTalkCBS (weekdays 1 PM PT/2 PM ET) #TheTalk for the show's Season 13 Premiere airing today.
AN Price Returns