AutoNation, Inc. (AN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AN POWR Grades
- AN scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 96.46% of US stocks.
- AN's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- AN's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 17.9% of US stocks).
AN Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for AN is 11.91 -- better than 97.25% of US stocks.
- AN's current price/earnings ratio is 3.94, which is higher than only 6.61% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.22, AUTONATION INC has a higher such ratio than just 5.13% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to AUTONATION INC, a group of peers worth examining would be SAH, VRTV, OMI, MED, and IVC.
- AN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit AUTONATION INC's official web site, go to www.autonation.com.
AN Valuation Summary
- AN's price/earnings ratio is 3.7; this is 71.21% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- AN's price/sales ratio has moved down 0 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AN.
AN Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 179.94%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 75.28%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 630.02%.
The table below shows AN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AN has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 91.24% of graded US stocks.
- AN's asset turnover comes in at 2.808 -- ranking 14th of 165 Retail stocks.
- SAH, TGT, and SHW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AN.
The table below shows AN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$123.19||52-week high||$135.57|
|Prev. close||$121.38||52-week low||$94.92|
|Day high||$124.96||Avg. volume||707,816|
|50-day MA||$114.41||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$114.30||Market Cap||6.11B|
AutoNation, Inc. (AN) Company Bio
AutoNation provides new and used automotive and spare parts retail services in the United States. The company operates in three segments: Domestic, Import, and Premium Luxury. The company is based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Most Popular Stories View All
AN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AN Latest Social Stream
View Full AN Social Stream
Latest AN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AUTONATION INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AN as an investment opportunity.
For optimistic and patient investors alike, the next five years may represent viable opportunities for the best growth stocks to buy.
While timing the market is always difficult, some assets may be viable candidates for breakout stocks based on particular signals.
Group 1 Automotive (GPI) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 3.33% and 5.07%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
In this article, we discuss 11 most undervalued auto stocks according to hedge funds. If you want to see more stocks in this selection, check out 5 Most Undervalued Auto Stocks According To Hedge Funds. The automotive industry has been plagued by multiple problems apart from the COVID-19 pandemic, such as the constrained Asia Pacific […]
The Zacks Style Scores offers investors a way to easily find top-rated stocks based on their investing style. Here's why you should take advantage.
AN Price Returns