Apellis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (APLS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
APLS POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where APLS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 69.98% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for APLS is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- APLS's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 4.37% of US stocks).
APLS Stock Summary
- With a price/sales ratio of 51.63, APELLIS PHARMACEUTICALS INC has a higher such ratio than 96.26% of stocks in our set.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -46.48%, APELLIS PHARMACEUTICALS INC's debt growth rate surpasses just 6.03% of about US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that APLS's revenue has grown -55.89% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of just 3.37% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to APLS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are FOLD, SAGE, MIRM, GWH, and TFFP.
- Visit APLS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.apellis.com.
APLS Valuation Summary
- APLS's price/sales ratio is 50.9; this is 2382.93% higher than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- APLS's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 15.8 over the prior 63 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for APLS.
APLS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- APLS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 54.9% of graded US stocks.
- APLS's asset turnover comes in at 0.31 -- ranking 148th of 682 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- FENC, ACST, and CARA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with APLS.
The table below shows APLS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
APLS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
APLS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$52.77||52-week high||$70.00|
|Prev. close||$52.78||52-week low||$33.32|
|Day high||$53.75||Avg. volume||1,088,656|
|50-day MA||$50.24||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$52.36||Market Cap||5.84B|
Apellis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (APLS) Company Bio
Apellis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the discovery and development of therapeutic compounds for autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. The company was founded in 2009 and is based in Crestwood, Kentucky.
Most Popular Stories View All
APLS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
APLS Latest Social Stream
View Full APLS Social Stream
Latest APLS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about APELLIS PHARMACEUTICALS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate APLS as an investment opportunity.
Despite currently being unprofitable, Apellis Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:APLS) has delivered a 164% return to shareholders over 5 years
While Apellis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. ( NASDAQ:APLS ) shareholders are probably generally happy, the stock hasn't had...
WALTHAM, Mass., Jan. 06, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Apellis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: APLS), a global biopharmaceutical company and leader in complement, today announced that the company approved the grant of equity awards to 10 new employees with a grant date of January 3, 2023, as equity inducement awards outside of the company's 2017 Stock Incentive Plan (but under the terms of the 2022 Inducement Stock Incentive Plan) and material to the employees’ acceptance of employment with the compan
WALTHAM, Mass., Jan. 05, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Apellis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: APLS), a global biopharmaceutical company and leader in complement, today announced that leading retina specialist Caroline Baumal, M.D., has joined Apellis as chief medical officer. Dr. Baumal replaces Federico Grossi, M.D., Ph.D., who plans to remain at Apellis until February 28, 2023 to help with the transition and preparations for the potential launch of pegcetacoplan for geographic atrophy (GA). “Caroli
WALTHAM, Mass., Jan. 03, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Apellis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: APLS), a global biopharmaceutical company and leader in complement, today announced that the company will present at the 41st Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference on Monday, January 9, 2023 at 9:00 a.m. PT / 12:00 p.m. ET. The conference event will be available via a live webcast from the “Events and Presentations” page of the “Investors and Media” section of the company’s website. A replay of the webcas
Apellis (APLS) submits a marketing authorization application for pegcetacoplan to treat geographic atrophy secondary to age-related macular degeneration to the European Medicines Agency.
APLS Price Returns