Apellis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (APLS): Price and Financial Metrics
APLS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$37.14||52-week high||$94.75|
|Prev. close||$38.04||52-week low||$19.83|
|Day high||$39.20||Avg. volume||2,808,102|
|50-day MA||$36.47||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$61.76||Market Cap||4.37B|
APLS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
APLS POWR Grades
- APLS scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 85.75% of US stocks.
- APLS's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- APLS's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 0.75% of US stocks).
APLS Stock Summary
- With a price/sales ratio of 27.93, APELLIS PHARMACEUTICALS INC has a higher such ratio than 95.5% of stocks in our set.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -47.56%, APELLIS PHARMACEUTICALS INC's debt growth rate surpasses just 6.08% of about US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for APELLIS PHARMACEUTICALS INC comes in at 90.94%, a number that bests 94.14% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to APELLIS PHARMACEUTICALS INC are LQDA, PSNL, AKTS, CYN, and VECO.
- Visit APLS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.apellis.com.
APLS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, APLS's price/sales ratio is 1368.42% higher, now standing at 27.9.
- Over the past 71 months, APLS's price/sales ratio has gone NA NA.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for APLS.
APLS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- APLS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 54.9% of graded US stocks.
- APLS's asset turnover comes in at 0.31 -- ranking 148th of 682 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- FENC, ACST, and CARA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with APLS.
The table below shows APLS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Apellis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (APLS) Company Bio
Apellis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the discovery and development of therapeutic compounds for autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. The company was founded in 2009 and is based in Crestwood, Kentucky.
APLS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
APLS Latest Social Stream
View Full APLS Social Stream
Latest APLS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about APELLIS PHARMACEUTICALS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate APLS as an investment opportunity.
Shares of Apellis Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: APLS) were down more than 9% on Wednesday, after falling as much as 12% earlier in the day. Favus Institutional Research called into question data regarding Apellis' lead therapy, Syfovre, which is the only therapy approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to treat geographic atrophy secondary to age-related macular degeneration. The news comes just a couple of days after Apellis said that the therapy had been given a permanent J-code, effective Oct. 1, by the Centers for Medicare & Medicare Services (CMS), allowing Syfovre to be covered for Medicare Part B plans.
Apellis Receives Permanent J-Code (J2781) for SYFOVRE® (pegcetacoplan injection), Effective October 1, 2023
WALTHAM, Mass., Sept. 25, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Apellis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: APLS) today announced that the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has assigned a permanent and product-specific J-code (J2781) for SYFOVRE® (pegcetacoplan injection), the first-ever treatment for geographic atrophy (GA) secondary to age-related macular degeneration. The J-code for SYFOVRE will become effective on October 1, 2023. "Until SYFOVRE, patients had nothing to slow the progression
On September 18, 2023, Chief Technical Officer Nur Nicholson sold 20,350 shares of Apellis Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ:APLS).
On September 8, 2023, Pascal Deschatelets, the Chief Scientific Officer of Apellis Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ:APLS), sold 12,000 shares of the company.
Bluebird (BLUE) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
APLS Price Returns