Academy Sports & Outdoors Inc. (ASO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ASO POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where ASO ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 90.14% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ASO is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- ASO's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 8.53% of US stocks).
ASO Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for ASO is 4.14 -- better than 88.07% of US stocks.
- ASO's went public 2.32 years ago, making it older than just 11.35% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of ACADEMY SPORTS & OUTDOORS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.97% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to ACADEMY SPORTS & OUTDOORS INC are TRNS, AFL, QCRH, NRC, and FSS.
- To check out ACADEMY SPORTS & OUTDOORS INC's SEC filings, go to the company's page on browse-edgar?action=getcompany&CIK=0001817358.
ASO Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, ASO's price/sales ratio is 12.5% lower, now standing at 0.7.
- ASO's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.5 over the prior 28 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ASO.
ASO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ASO has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 89.43% of graded US stocks.
- ASO's asset turnover comes in at 1.355 -- ranking 92nd of 165 Retail stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows ASO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ASO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ASO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$56.80||52-week high||$57.85|
|Prev. close||$55.65||52-week low||$25.10|
|Day high||$57.80||Avg. volume||1,269,063|
|50-day MA||$52.52||Dividend yield||0.53%|
|200-day MA||$44.01||Market Cap||4.44B|
Academy Sports & Outdoors Inc. (ASO) Company Bio
Academy Sports and Outdoors, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a sporting goods and outdoor recreational products retailer in the United States. The company sells a range of sporting and outdoor recreation products, including sporting equipment, apparel, footwear, camping gear, patio furniture, outdoor cooking equipment, and hunting and fishing gears primarily under the Academy Sports + Outdoors, Magellan Outdoors, BCG, O'rageous, and Outdoor Gourmet brand names. As of August 1, 2020, it operated 259 Academy Sports + Outdoors retail locations in 16 states and three distribution centers located in Katy, Texas, Twiggs County, Georgia, and Cookeville, Tennessee. The company also sells merchandise to customers via academy.com website. Academy Sports and Outdoors, Inc. was founded in 1938 and is based in Katy, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
ASO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ASO Latest Social Stream
View Full ASO Social Stream
Latest ASO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ACADEMY SPORTS & OUTDOORS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ASO as an investment opportunity.
Stay on top of all the earnings news from footwear brands and retailers here.
While some sporting goods retailers have folded in recent years, Academy Sports has gained over 300% since its IPO, and shares still look cheap.
Undervalued retail stocks just got a boost with signs of excess savings and diminishing wage growth emerging in early 2023.
Academy Sports and Outdoors, Inc. ("Academy") (Nasdaq: ASO), a leading full-line sporting goods and outdoor recreation retailer whose mission is to provide "Fun for All", will open its first location in Lafayette, Ind. in the spring of 2023. The fourth location in Indiana is set to open in Lafayette Pavilions and will be over 60,000 square feet. Academy plans to continue its expansion efforts with the goal of opening a total of 80 to 100 new stores by the end of 2026.
Zacks Industry Outlook Highlights Academy Sports and Outdoors, Acushnet Holdings and MasterCraft Boat Holdings
Academy Sports and Outdoors, Acushnet Holdings and MasterCraft Boat Holdings have been highlighted in this Industry Outlook article.
ASO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|