Academy Sports & Outdoors Inc. (ASO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ASO POWR Grades
- ASO scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 93.34% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ASO is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 168 days.
- ASO's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 27.84% of US stocks).
ASO Stock Summary
- ASO's went public 1.32 years ago, making it older than merely 1.18% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- ASO's current price/earnings ratio is 5.26, which is higher than just 7.59% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Academy Sports & Outdoors Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 31.17%, greater than the shareholder yield of 93.36% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Academy Sports & Outdoors Inc are CRD.A, ONEW, CENT, JELD, and MYRG.
- To dig deeper into the stock's financial statements, go to ASO's page on browse-edgar?action=getcompany&CIK=0001817358.
ASO Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, ASO's price/earnings ratio is 59.79% lower, now standing at 7.8.
- Over the past 47 weeks, ASO's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.4.
- ASO's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.4 over the prior 47 weeks.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ASO.
ASO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ASO has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 89.43% of graded US stocks.
- ASO's asset turnover comes in at 1.355 -- ranking 92nd of 165 Retail stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows ASO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ASO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ASO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$36.88||52-week high||$51.08|
|Prev. close||$36.90||52-week low||$20.31|
|Day high||$38.50||Avg. volume||2,460,972|
|50-day MA||$42.17||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$39.85||Market Cap||3.27B|
Academy Sports & Outdoors Inc. (ASO) Company Bio
Academy Sports and Outdoors, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a sporting goods and outdoor recreational products retailer in the United States. The company sells a range of sporting and outdoor recreation products, including sporting equipment, apparel, footwear, camping gear, patio furniture, outdoor cooking equipment, and hunting and fishing gears primarily under the Academy Sports + Outdoors, Magellan Outdoors, BCG, O'rageous, and Outdoor Gourmet brand names. As of August 1, 2020, it operated 259 Academy Sports + Outdoors retail locations in 16 states and three distribution centers located in Katy, Texas, Twiggs County, Georgia, and Cookeville, Tennessee. The company also sells merchandise to customers via academy.com website. Academy Sports and Outdoors, Inc. was founded in 1938 and is based in Katy, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
ASO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ASO Latest Social Stream
View Full ASO Social Stream
Latest ASO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Academy Sports & Outdoors Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ASO as an investment opportunity.
ASO, LPX, and MRC made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) value stocks list on January 26, 2021.
fuboTV (FUBO) acquires exclusive streaming rights to several soccer leagues, the recent being the UEFA. The rights will strengthen the company's position in the sports-first live TV market.
Investing in Academy Sports and Outdoors (NASDAQ:ASO) a year ago would have delivered you a 55% gain
Academy Sports and Outdoors, Inc. ( NASDAQ:ASO ) shareholders might be concerned after seeing the share price drop 12...
Leawood, KS, based Investment company Convergence Investment Partners, LLC (Current Portfolio) buys Chevron Corp, Exelon Corp, Extra Space Storage Inc, Juniper Networks Inc, Moelis, sells Bank of New York Mellon Corp, Avnet Inc, Williams Inc, MDU Resources Group Inc, Brandywine Realty Trust during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Convergence Investment Partners, LLC.
Academy Sports + Outdoors has announced it will open its first location in Jeffersonville, Indiana, this fall/winter. In a news release, Mayor Mike Moore on Tuesday announced Academy would be located at Jeffersonville Town Center, near Interstate 65 and Veterans Parkway. "We’re excited to expand our footprint and provide Jeffersonville with our wide assortment, top brands and one-of-a-kind services," Sam Johnson, Academy Sports + Outdoors’ executive vice president of retail operations, said in a news release.
ASO Price Returns