Astrotech Corporation (ASTC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ASTC POWR Grades
- ASTC scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 31.28% of US stocks.
- ASTC's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving down over the last 36 days.
- ASTC ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 1st percentile.
ASTC Stock Summary
- ASTC has a higher market value than merely 6.49% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $20,028,606.
- With a price/sales ratio of 27.82, ASTROTECH CORP has a higher such ratio than 95.09% of stocks in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, ASTC is more volatile than 99.71% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to ASTROTECH CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be BNGO, LNSR, OCX, NTRA, and DMRC.
- Visit ASTC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.astrotechcorp.com.
ASTC Valuation Summary
- ASTC's EV/EBIT ratio is -0.2; this is 101.17% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- ASTC's price/sales ratio has moved up 27.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ASTC.
ASTC Growth Metrics
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 75.2%.
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 11.31%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -82.16%.
The table below shows ASTC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ASTC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ASTC has a Quality Grade of F, ranking ahead of 1.87% of graded US stocks.
- ASTC's asset turnover comes in at 0.011 -- ranking 75th of 76 Measuring and Control Equipment stocks.
- MTD, RLBY, and INTT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ASTC.
The table below shows ASTC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ASTC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ASTC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$11.83||52-week high||$23.10|
|Prev. close||$11.85||52-week low||$9.28|
|Day high||$12.00||Avg. volume||6,459|
|50-day MA||$10.78||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$13.31||Market Cap||19.95M|
Astrotech Corporation (ASTC) Company Bio
Astrotech Corporation operates as a science and technology development and commercialization company in the United States. It operates through two segments, 1st Detect Corporation and AgLAB Inc. The 1st Detect Corporation segment manufactures explosives and narcotics trace detectors for use at airports, secured facilities, and borders. This segment provides TRACER 1000, a mass spectrometer based explosives trace detector to replace the explosives and narcotics trace detectors used at airports, cargo and secured facilities, and borders. The AgLAB Inc. segment develops AgLAB-1000, a mass spectrometer for use in the agriculture market for process control and the detection of trace amounts of solvents and pesticides. It also develops BreathTest-1000, a breath analysis tool to screen for volatile organic compound metabolites found in a person's breath. The company was formerly known as SPACEHAB, Inc. and changed its name to Astrotech Corporation in 2009. Astrotech Corporation was founded in 1984 is based in Austin, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
ASTC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ASTC Latest Social Stream
View Full ASTC Social Stream
Latest ASTC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ASTROTECH CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ASTC as an investment opportunity.
Designed to ensure fair and equal treatment of all investorsAustin, Texas, Dec. 21, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Astrotech Corporation (Nasdaq: ASTC) (the “Company” or “Astrotech”) today announced that its Board of Directors (the “Board”) has unanimously adopted a limited-duration stockholder rights plan (the “Rights Plan”) to protect the interests of all stockholders. The Rights Plan is effective immediately. The Board adopted the Rights Plan in response to recent significant accumulations of porti
AUSTIN, Texas, Dec. 21, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Astrotech Corporation (Nasdaq: ASTC) (the “Company” or “Astrotech”), a mass spectrometry company that launches, manages, and commercializes scalable companies based on its innovative core technology, today announced that it has received written notice from The Nasdaq Stock Market LLC (“Nasdaq”) informing the Company that it has regained compliance with Nasdaq’s minimum bid price listing requirement. The Company has satisfied the terms for continue
AUSTIN, Texas, Nov. 23, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Astrotech Corporation (Nasdaq: ASTC) (the “Company” or “Astrotech”), a mass spectrometry company that launches, manages, and commercializes scalable companies based on its innovative core technology, today announced that it has filed a third amendment to its Certificate of Incorporation to effect a reverse stock split of its common stock at a ratio of 1-for-30 (the “Charter Amendment”). The reverse stock split will become effective at 12:01 a.m. E
The BreathTest-1000 TMAustin, Texas, Nov. 22, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- – Astrotech Corporation (Nasdaq: ASTC) (the “Company” or “Astrotech”) subsidiary, BreathTech Corporation (“BreathTech”), announced today that, based on analysis of data from testing of breath samples procured during our library development, the BreathTest-1000TM lung disease screening instrument can clearly distinguish between infected and healthy breath samples. The BreathTest-1000 is a breath analysis tool designed to scree
Potential for Increased Customer YieldsAUSTIN, Texas, Nov. 14, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Astrotech Corporation (Nasdaq: ASTC) (the “Company” or “Astrotech”) subsidiary, AgLAB, Inc. (AgLAB), today announced the launch of the AgLAB-1000-D2™ and the Maximum Value Processing™ (D2-MVP) control system. D2-MVP is a ruggedized mass-spectrometer that is designed for the cannabis and hemp processing lab and provides control over the distillation processes through “selected-point” testing of the processed o
ASTC Price Returns