Astrotech Corporation (ASTC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ASTC POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where ASTC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 70.95% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ASTC is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 51 weeks.
- ASTC's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 1.49% of US stocks).
ASTC Stock Summary
- ASTC's price/sales ratio is 149.54; that's higher than the P/S ratio of 97.59% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, ASTC is more volatile than 96.81% of stocks we're observing.
- ASTROTECH Corp's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -135.31%, greater than the shareholder yield of just 1.65% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to ASTC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are OPTT, CSGS, PCTI, DIOD, and PRGS.
- ASTC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit ASTROTECH Corp's official web site, go to www.astrotechcorp.com.
ASTC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, ASTC's EV/EBIT ratio is 114.19% lower, now standing at -3.1.
- Over the past 243 months, ASTC's price/sales ratio has gone up 110.3.
- Over the past 243 months, ASTC's price/earnings ratio has gone down 3.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ASTC.
ASTC Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 50.8%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at -93.46%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 569.51%.
The table below shows ASTC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ASTC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ASTC has a Quality Grade of F, ranking ahead of 2.12% of graded US stocks.
- ASTC's asset turnover comes in at 0.011 -- ranking 74th of 75 Measuring and Control Equipment stocks.
- DHR, MTD, and RLBY are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ASTC.
The table below shows ASTC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ASTC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ASTC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$0.98||52-week high||$6.14|
|Prev. close||$1.01||52-week low||$0.94|
|Day high||$1.02||Avg. volume||2,416,411|
|50-day MA||$1.04||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$1.53||Market Cap||48.46M|
Astrotech Corporation (ASTC) Company Bio
Astrotech Corporation operates as a science and technology development and commercialization company in the United States. It operates through two segments, 1st Detect Corporation and AgLAB Inc. The 1st Detect Corporation segment manufactures explosives and narcotics trace detectors for use at airports, secured facilities, and borders. This segment provides TRACER 1000, a mass spectrometer based explosives trace detector to replace the explosives and narcotics trace detectors used at airports, cargo and secured facilities, and borders. The AgLAB Inc. segment develops AgLAB-1000, a mass spectrometer for use in the agriculture market for process control and the detection of trace amounts of solvents and pesticides. It also develops BreathTest-1000, a breath analysis tool to screen for volatile organic compound metabolites found in a person's breath. The company was formerly known as SPACEHAB, Inc. and changed its name to Astrotech Corporation in 2009. Astrotech Corporation was founded in 1984 is based in Austin, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
ASTC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ASTC Latest Social Stream
View Full ASTC Social Stream
Latest ASTC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ASTROTECH Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ASTC as an investment opportunity.
AUSTIN, Texas, September 20, 2021--Astrotech Corporation (Nasdaq: ASTC) reported its financial results for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2021.
Astrotech Corp (NASDAQ: ASTC) subsidiary 1st Detect has secured a purchase order for its TRACER 1000, representing the first units deployed at an airport security checkpoint. The financial terms of the order were not disclosed. The TRACER 1000 explosives trace detector (ETD) will now be operating in fifteen locations in ten countries throughout Europe and Asia. The TRACER 1000 is a mass spectrometry-based ETD to have received European Civil Aviation Conference (ECAC) certification for checkpoint
AUSTIN, Texas, August 25, 2021--Astrotech Corporation (NASDAQ: ASTC) announced today that its 1st Detect subsidiary has secured an important landmark purchase order for its TRACER 1000™, representing the first units to be deployed at an airport security checkpoint. Including prior sales to worldwide cargo facilities, the TRACER 1000 explosives trace detector (ETD) will now be operating in fifteen locations in ten countries throughout Europe and Asia.
NASA''s first spacecraft to explore the Trojan asteroids arrived Friday, July 30, at the agency''s Kennedy Space Center (KSC) in Florida. It is now in a cleanroom at nearby Astrotech, ready to begin final preparations for its October launch.
AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- #Aglab--Astrotech Corporation (NASDAQ: ASTC) announced today that its AgLAB Inc. subsidiary has hired Joe Levinthal, a hemp and cannabis industry veteran and an expert in mass spectrometry, as its Chief Science Officer, to help lead AgLABs product development team. Joe brings an extensive background in applying highly complex scientific instrumentation to develop products derived from hemp and cannabis, and he has worked with some of the leading companies in the industr
ASTC Price Returns