Astrotech Corporation (ASTC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ASTC POWR Grades
- ASTC scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 78.93% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ASTC is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 106 days.
- ASTC ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 1st percentile.
ASTC Stock Summary
- With a price/sales ratio of 43.34, ASTROTECH Corp has a higher such ratio than 95.69% of stocks in our set.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -63.74%, ASTROTECH Corp's debt growth rate surpasses only 4.75% of about US stocks.
- ASTROTECH Corp's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -124.27%, greater than the shareholder yield of only 2.93% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to ASTROTECH Corp are OCX, PTE, ASXC, AVLR, and CDNA.
- Visit ASTC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.astrotechcorp.com.
ASTC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, ASTC's EV/EBIT ratio is 114.19% lower, now standing at -3.1.
- Over the past 243 months, ASTC's price/sales ratio has gone up 110.3.
- Over the past 243 months, ASTC's price/earnings ratio has gone down 3.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ASTC.
ASTC Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 0.61%.
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 56.13%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at -93.46%.
The table below shows ASTC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ASTC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ASTC has a Quality Grade of F, ranking ahead of 1.87% of graded US stocks.
- ASTC's asset turnover comes in at 0.011 -- ranking 75th of 76 Measuring and Control Equipment stocks.
- MTD, RLBY, and INTT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ASTC.
The table below shows ASTC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ASTC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ASTC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$0.53||52-week high||$1.40|
|Prev. close||$0.49||52-week low||$0.48|
|Day high||$0.54||Avg. volume||266,935|
|50-day MA||$0.61||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$0.79||Market Cap||26.77M|
Astrotech Corporation (ASTC) Company Bio
Astrotech Corporation operates as a science and technology development and commercialization company in the United States. It operates through two segments, 1st Detect Corporation and AgLAB Inc. The 1st Detect Corporation segment manufactures explosives and narcotics trace detectors for use at airports, secured facilities, and borders. This segment provides TRACER 1000, a mass spectrometer based explosives trace detector to replace the explosives and narcotics trace detectors used at airports, cargo and secured facilities, and borders. The AgLAB Inc. segment develops AgLAB-1000, a mass spectrometer for use in the agriculture market for process control and the detection of trace amounts of solvents and pesticides. It also develops BreathTest-1000, a breath analysis tool to screen for volatile organic compound metabolites found in a person's breath. The company was formerly known as SPACEHAB, Inc. and changed its name to Astrotech Corporation in 2009. Astrotech Corporation was founded in 1984 is based in Austin, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
ASTC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ASTC Latest Social Stream
View Full ASTC Social Stream
Latest ASTC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ASTROTECH Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ASTC as an investment opportunity.
AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)---- $ASTC #earnings--Astrotech Corporation (Nasdaq: ASTC) (the “Company” or “Astrotech”) reported its financial results for the second quarter of fiscal year 2022, which ended December 31, 2021. Astrotech had its best quarter since sales of 1st Detect’s TRACER 1000™ began, with revenue related to the TRACER 1000 up 332% compared to the same period one year ago. After garnering initial traction in the cargo security market due to the TRACER 1000’s near-zero false alarm rate, in the se
Astrotech press release (ASTC): Q2 GAAP EPS of -$0.05.Revenue of $0.56M (+330.8% Y/Y).Shares +1.52% PM.
AUSTIN, Texas, February 02, 2022--Astrotech Corporation (Nasdaq: ASTC) has hired Dr. Karim Sirgi, MD, MBA and FCAP as the Chief Science Officer of subsidiary BreathTech Corporation in preparation of human trials with Cleveland Clinic for its BreathTest-1000™ to help in the battle against COVID-19 and its variants.
Investment company Marquette Asset Management, LLC (Current Portfolio) buys Vanguard Total Bond Market ETF, ARK Next Generation Internet ETF, TAT Technologies, Avantis International Equity ETF, Dril-Quip Inc, sells Vanguard Short-Term Corporate Bond ETF, Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF, Vanguard FTSE Developed Markets ETF, Concord Acquisition Corp, Astrotech Corp during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Marquette Asset Management, LLC.
Astrotech Announces Date for Fiscal Year 2021 Annual Meeting and Deadlines for Stockholder Proposals
AUSTIN, Texas, January 06, 2022--Astrotech Corporation (Nasdaq: ASTC) (the "Company") announced its plans to hold its fiscal year 2021 annual meeting of stockholders (the "2021 Annual Meeting") on Friday, March 25, 2022. The 2021 Annual Meeting will be held at 9:00 A.M. Central Time. Current plans are for the meeting to be in person in Austin, Texas at the AT&T Hotel and Conference Center. The Company anticipates sending proxy materials for the annual meeting to stockholders in February 2022.
ASTC Price Returns