AngloGold Ashanti Limited (AU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AU POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where AU ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 69.33% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AU is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- AU ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 12th percentile.
AU Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 1.95, Anglogold Ashanti Ltd is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than just 8.85% of US stocks.
- For AU, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 88.76% of US equities we're observing.
- Over the past twelve months, AU has reported earnings growth of 526.19%, putting it ahead of 95.89% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Anglogold Ashanti Ltd, a group of peers worth examining would be NEU, ALV, AUOTY, OCFT, and TSEM.
- Visit AU's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.anglogoldashanti.com.
AU Valuation Summary
- AU's EV/EBIT ratio is 4.9; this is 67.76% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, AU's price/earnings ratio has gone up 946.
- AU's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AU.
AU Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 84.4%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 1412.7%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -15.36%.
The table below shows AU's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AU's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AU has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.03% of graded US stocks.
- AU's asset turnover comes in at 0.609 -- ranking 5th of 47 Precious Metals stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows AU's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$17.81||52-week high||$26.96|
|Prev. close||$17.71||52-week low||$14.57|
|Day high||$17.95||Avg. volume||3,340,601|
|50-day MA||$21.04||Dividend yield||1.57%|
|200-day MA||$19.73||Market Cap||7.44B|
AngloGold Ashanti Limited (AU) Company Bio
AngloGold operates as a gold mining and exploration company in South Africa, Continental Africa, Australasia, and the Americas. The company was founded in 1944 and is based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Most Popular Stories View All
AU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AU Latest Social Stream
View Full AU Social Stream
Latest AU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Anglogold Ashanti Ltd that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AU as an investment opportunity.
The following slide deck was published by AngloGold Ashanti Limited in conjunction with their 2021 Q4 earnings call....
AngloGold Ashanti Limited (AU) Full Year 2021 Earnings Conference Call February 22, 2022 7:30 AM ET Company Participants Stewart Bailey – Chief Sustainability & Corporate Affairs Officer Alberto Calderon – Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director Christine Ramon – Chief Financial Officer and Executive Director Marcelo Godoy – Chief Technology...
(Kitco News) - AngloGold Ashanti (NYSE: AU) today reported that its gold production in 2021 was 2.472 million ounces, which is 19% lower compared to 3.047 million ounces (including 241 thousand ounces from its previously owned South African operations) produced in 2020.
AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. reported a drop in full-year profit on rising costs and lower output following a temporary halt to operations at a key African mine.
AngloGold Ashanti press release (AU): 1H Non-GAAP EPS of $0.59.Revenue of $2.06B (-16.3% Y/Y).Adjusted net debt of $765m at end 2021; Adjusted net debt to Adjusted EBITDA ratio of
AU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|