AngloGold Ashanti Limited (AU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AU POWR Grades
- AU scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 90.99% of US stocks.
- AU's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- AU ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 38th percentile.
AU Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 1.72, Anglogold Ashanti Ltd is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than just 8.92% of US stocks.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Anglogold Ashanti Ltd is higher than it is for about 88.6% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Anglogold Ashanti Ltd is reporting a growth rate of 526.19%; that's higher than 96.04% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Anglogold Ashanti Ltd, a group of peers worth examining would be SEB, ATO, JEF, TMHC, and GTEC.
- Visit AU's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.anglogoldashanti.com.
AU Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, AU's EV/EBIT ratio is 67.54% lower, now standing at 6.2.
- AU's price/sales ratio has moved down $0.2 over the prior 243 months.
- AU's price/earnings ratio has moved up $1101.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AU.
AU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$18.89||52-week high||$38.50|
|Prev. close||$19.45||52-week low||$18.88|
|Day high||$19.50||Avg. volume||3,437,972|
|50-day MA||$22.45||Dividend yield||1.96%|
|200-day MA||$23.46||Market Cap||7.93B|
AngloGold Ashanti Limited (AU) Company Bio
AngloGold operates as a gold mining and exploration company in South Africa, Continental Africa, Australasia, and the Americas. The company was founded in 1944 and is based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
AU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AU Latest Social Stream
View Full AU Social Stream
Latest AU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Anglogold Ashanti Ltd that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AU as an investment opportunity.
(Bloomberg) -- AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. has had a bad year, with the company’s lack of a permanent chief executive officer and a suspension of its Ghana mine operations weighing on the stock. But with shares now cheap compared with peers, analysts see potential for upside.Shares of the world’s third-largest gold producer have dropped 35% in the past year, making it the worst-performing stock in the 113-company Bloomberg World Mining Index. It also trails peers on South Africa’s FTSE/JSE Precious M
An up-and-coming gold exploration company in Quebec may hit the jackpot in what could end up being a story even some of the most seasoned investors only ever dream of
LONDON , May 27, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The first discovery in this gold patch last year netted investors 7,000% returns. A potential second could net them even more. These are the types of gold plays that come along only once-in-a-lifetime. Mentioned in today's commentary includes: Barrick Gold Corporation (NYSE: GOLD ), AngloGold Ashanti Limited (NYSE: AU ), Freeport-McMoRan Inc. (NYSE: FCX ), Franco-Nevada Corporation (NYSE: FNV ), Newmont Corporation (NYSE: NEM ) Amex Exploration (AMEX) made the first discovery of high-grade gold discovery last year in its Perron Gold project. Right before that announcement, another small-cap miner, Starr Peak Mining Ltd. ( STE.V ; STRPF ), bought up most of the land adjacent to Amex. And then it scooped up the nearby past-producing Normetal Mine, whi...
AngloGold Ashanti ([[AU]] -1.9%) says it is suspending production and cost guidance for 2021 for the Obuasi gold mine in Ghana, as it continues to search for a miner who went missing after a fall-of-ground incident a week ago at the mine.All Obuasi underground mining activities have been suspended since...
Canada is quickly becoming a global gold hotspot thanks to an up-and-coming exploration company that may have just hit the jackpot
AU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|