AngloGold Ashanti Limited (AU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AU POWR Grades
- AU scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 81.9% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AU is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 52 weeks.
- AU ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 2nd percentile.
AU Stock Summary
- AU's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 1.57 -- higher than merely 7.65% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Anglogold Ashanti Ltd is higher than it is for about 88.46% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Anglogold Ashanti Ltd is reporting a growth rate of 526.19%; that's higher than 95.42% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Anglogold Ashanti Ltd, a group of peers worth examining would be MESO, MUX, AREC, TSEM, and ALV.
- AU's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Anglogold Ashanti Ltd's official web site, go to www.anglogoldashanti.com.
AU Valuation Summary
- AU's EV/EBIT ratio is 4.9; this is 67.76% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, AU's price/earnings ratio has gone up 946.
- AU's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AU.
AU Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 180.57%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 1221.18%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 84.4%.
The table below shows AU's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AU's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AU has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 66.91% of graded US stocks.
- AU's asset turnover comes in at 0.609 -- ranking 5th of 47 Precious Metals stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows AU's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$18.94||52-week high||$28.00|
|Prev. close||$19.09||52-week low||$14.57|
|Day high||$19.11||Avg. volume||3,487,900|
|50-day MA||$16.50||Dividend yield||0.63%|
|200-day MA||$20.29||Market Cap||7.96B|
AngloGold Ashanti Limited (AU) Company Bio
AngloGold operates as a gold mining and exploration company in South Africa, Continental Africa, Australasia, and the Americas. The company was founded in 1944 and is based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Most Popular Stories View All
AU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AU Latest Social Stream
View Full AU Social Stream
Latest AU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Anglogold Ashanti Ltd that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AU as an investment opportunity.
RBC Capital Stick to Their Hold Rating for Anglogold Ashanti
News Ghana, Latest Updates and Breaking News of Ghana, GNA, https://newsghana.com.gh/quiz-competition-interventions-designed-to-improve-educational-standards-at-obuasi/ AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited has invested about GH¢1.5 million in the Obuasi Mine catchments area, line with its Social Management Plan to raise the standard of education there, Mr Emmanuel Baidoo, the Senior Manager of Sustainability, said. In pursuance of its mission, the mining 
RMB Holdings 2nd & full long target of 1.63 reached. AngloGold Ashanti 1st long target of 268 reached.
In this article, we will discuss billionaire John Paulson’s 10 biggest stock picks. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of Paulson’s history, investment philosophy, and hedge fund performance, go directly to Billionaire John Paulson’s 5 Biggest Stock Picks. Billionaire hedge fund manager John Paulson, founder, president and portfolio manager of the New York-based […]
Companies within the top ten producers that saw the most significant fall production during H1 were AngloGold Ashanti, Barrick and Newcrest. The post Gold production from top ten companies to recover in H2 appeared first on Miningreview.com .
AU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|