AvalonBay Communities Inc. (AVB): Price and Financial Metrics
AVB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$171.88||52-week high||$198.65|
|Prev. close||$173.37||52-week low||$153.07|
|Day high||$173.46||Avg. volume||752,177|
|50-day MA||$171.63||Dividend yield||3.83%|
|200-day MA||$177.30||Market Cap||24.41B|
AVB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AVB POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where AVB ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 82.54% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AVB is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- AVB's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 15.79% of US stocks).
AVB Stock Summary
- AVB has a higher market value than 91.3% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $23,886,941,838.
- Of note is the ratio of AVALONBAY COMMUNITIES INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 2.87% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of AVALONBAY COMMUNITIES INC's share price is greater than that of merely 6.32% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to AVALONBAY COMMUNITIES INC are EQR, ESS, FANG, CPT, and O.
- Visit AVB's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.avalonbay.com.
AVB Valuation Summary
- AVB's EV/EBIT ratio is 26.9; this is 4.1% lower than that of the median Real Estate stock.
- Over the past 243 months, AVB's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 11.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AVB.
AVB Growth Metrics
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -14.25%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 135.52%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 43.46%.
The table below shows AVB's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AVB's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AVB has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 54.79% of graded US stocks.
- AVB's asset turnover comes in at 0.117 -- ranking 173rd of 444 Trading stocks.
- MAC, WELL, and RLJ are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AVB.
The table below shows AVB's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AVB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AVB Latest Social Stream
View Full AVB Social Stream
Latest AVB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AVALONBAY COMMUNITIES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AVB as an investment opportunity.
ARLINGTON, Va., November 21, 2023--AVALONBAY COMMUNITIES, INC. (NYSE: AVB) (the "Company") announced today that it will host an Investor Day on Tuesday, November 28, 2023, in Washington, D.C. In-person attendance is by invitation only to institutional investors and analysts, and a live webcast will be provided.
ARLINGTON, Va., November 16, 2023--AvalonBay Communities, Inc. (NYSE: AVB) announced today that its Board of Directors declared a cash dividend on the Company’s Common Stock (par value $0.01 per share) for the fourth quarter of 2023. The Common Stock dividend is $1.65 per share and is payable January 16, 2024, to all Common Stockholders of Record as of December 29, 2023.
A discussion about how the market of stocks works and why all REITs are not the same.
Here is how Federal Agricultural Mortgage (AGM) and AvalonBay Communities (AVB) have performed compared to their sector so far this year.
PennyMac (PMT), Tanger (SKT) and AvalonBay (AVB) are three real estate stocks to look into as mortgage rates fall on the Fed's interest rate hold.
AVB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AVBWant to see what other sources are saying about Avalonbay Communities Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Avalonbay Communities Inc (AVB) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Avalonbay Communities Inc (AVB) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Avalonbay Communities Inc (AVB) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch