AvalonBay Communities Inc. (AVB): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AVB POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where AVB ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 84.89% of US stocks.
- AVB's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- AVB's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 16.8% of US stocks).
AVB Stock Summary
- Avalonbay Communities Inc's market capitalization of $36,092,477,034 is ahead of 92.42% of US-listed equities.
- Of note is the ratio of Avalonbay Communities Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 3.38% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, AVB is more volatile than only 7.65% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Avalonbay Communities Inc are DLR, ET, AEE, UDR, and CPT.
- AVB's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Avalonbay Communities Inc's official web site, go to www.avalonbay.com.
AVB Valuation Summary
- AVB's EV/EBIT ratio is 30.8; this is 19.9% lower than that of the median Real Estate stock.
- AVB's price/sales ratio has moved up 9.1 over the prior 243 months.
- AVB's price/earnings ratio has moved up 11 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AVB.
AVB Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 19.13%.
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 22.78%.
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -7.18%.
The table below shows AVB's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AVB's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AVB has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 54.79% of graded US stocks.
- AVB's asset turnover comes in at 0.117 -- ranking 173rd of 444 Trading stocks.
- MAC, WELL, and RLJ are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AVB.
The table below shows AVB's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AVB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AVB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$204.85||52-week high||$259.05|
|Prev. close||$207.21||52-week low||$194.61|
|Day high||$208.54||Avg. volume||756,660|
|50-day MA||$238.45||Dividend yield||3.1%|
|200-day MA||$236.82||Market Cap||28.64B|
Most Popular Stories View All
AVB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AVB Latest Social Stream
View Full AVB Social Stream
Latest AVB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Avalonbay Communities Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AVB as an investment opportunity.
The Wolff Company Brings Shelters to Shutters'' Solution to Ending Situational Homelessness for Individuals and Families to Phoenix, AZ
VIENNA, Va. , Feb. 22, 2022 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Shelters to Shutters (S2S), a national non-profit that transitions individuals and families from situational homelessness to economic self-sufficiency, today announced a donation from The Wolff Company to fund S2S''s expansion into the Phoenix Market. Based in Scottsdale, AZ , The Wolff Company is an integrated real estate investment firm focused on the mission-driven development and management of rental communities across North America . "The Wolff Company is a respected and well-known leader of both sustainable businesses and giving back to the community. We are thrilled to work alongside them to bring our proven program to the Phoenix area," commented David Williams , President and CEO, Shelters to Shutters, "There are roughly 7,500 i...
ARLINGTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--AvalonBay Communities, Inc. (NYSE: AVB) announced today that its Board of Directors declared a cash dividend on the Company’s Common Stock (par value $0.01 per share) for the first quarter of 2022. The Common Stock dividend is $1.59 per share and is payable April 15, 2022, to all Common Stockholders of Record as of March 31, 2022. About AvalonBay Communities, Inc. As of December 31, 2021, the Company owned or held a direct or indirect ownership interest in 297 a
AvalonBay Communities (NYSE:AVB) declares $1.59/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.Forward yield 2.69%Payable April 15; for shareholders of record March 31; ex-div March 30.See…
ARLINGTON, Va., February 17, 2022--AVALONBAY COMMUNITIES, INC. (NYSE: AVB) announced today that its 2022 Annual Meeting of Stockholders will be held on Thursday, May 19, 2022, at 10:00 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time. Stockholders of record of the Company's Common Stock as of the close of business on March 24, 2022 are entitled to vote at and virtually attend the Annual Meeting. The meeting will be held in a virtual meeting format via audio webcast only. Stockholders will not be able to attend the An
In the early days of the coronavirus pandemic, investors were worried that apartments in big coastal cities would be crushed. For a time there were problems, but now they've come back to life. And so too has AvalonBay Communities (NYSE: AVB), one of the bellwether names in the apartment real estate investment trust (REIT) sector.
AVB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AVBWant to see what other sources are saying about Avalonbay Communities Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Avalonbay Communities Inc (AVB) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Avalonbay Communities Inc (AVB) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Avalonbay Communities Inc (AVB) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch