AvalonBay Communities, Inc. (AVB): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AVB POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where AVB ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 79.16% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AVB is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 48 weeks.
- AVB's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 2.96% of US stocks).
AVB Stock Summary
- AVB has a market capitalization of $31,730,701,954 -- more than approximately 91.56% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Avalonbay Communities Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 3.56% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Avalonbay Communities Inc is higher than it is for about 90.6% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AVB, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are O, XEL, WELL, ET, and VTR.
- AVB's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Avalonbay Communities Inc's official web site, go to www.avalonbay.com.
AVB Valuation Summary
- AVB's EV/EBIT ratio is 30.8; this is 19.9% lower than that of the median Real Estate stock.
- AVB's price/sales ratio has moved up 9.1 over the prior 243 months.
- AVB's price/earnings ratio has moved up 11 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AVB.
AVB Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -7.74%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -9.6%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 25.2%.
The table below shows AVB's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AVB's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AVB has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 52.05% of graded US stocks.
- AVB's asset turnover comes in at 0.116 -- ranking 173rd of 456 Trading stocks.
- OFS, NYC, and CGBD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AVB.
The table below shows AVB's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AVB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AVB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$221.66||52-week high||$233.48|
|Prev. close||$226.41||52-week low||$131.38|
|Day high||$228.25||Avg. volume||748,142|
|50-day MA||$225.85||Dividend yield||2.81%|
|200-day MA||$196.81||Market Cap||30.95B|
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. (AVB) Company Bio
Avalonbay Communities is in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing apartment communities in the leading metropolitan areas in New England, the New York/New Jersey Metro area, the Mid-Atlantic, the Pacific Northwest, and the Northern and Southern California regions of the United States. The company was founded in 1978 and is based in Arlington, Virginia.
Most Popular Stories View All
AVB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AVB Latest Social Stream
View Full AVB Social Stream
Latest AVB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Avalonbay Communities Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AVB as an investment opportunity.
ARLINGTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--AvalonBay Communities, Inc. (NYSE: AVB) announced today that its Board of Directors declared a cash dividend on the Companys Common Stock (par value $0.01 per share) for the third quarter of 2021. The Common Stock dividend is $1.59 per share and is payable October 15, 2021 to all Common Stockholders of Record as of October 4, 2021. About AvalonBay Communities, Inc. As of June 30, 2021, the Company owned or held a direct or indirect ownership interest in 288 apa
Ram Realty Advisors sold two South End developments to Virginia-based AvalonBay Communities for $157 million.
ARLINGTON, Va., September 23, 2021--AVALONBAY COMMUNITIES, INC. (NYSE: AVB) (the "Company") announced today that for the three months ending September 30, 2021 it expects total residential rental revenue for Same Store communities to increase between 0.9% and 1.1% over the prior year period. The midpoint of this range is 180 basis points above what the Company’s expectation was for total residential rental revenue change for Same Store communities for the three months ending September 30, 2021 w
Bilt Rewards, a NYC-based loyalty program and co-brand credit card for renters, raised $60m in growth funding. Backers included Wells Fargo, Mastercard, and a group of the nations largest real estate owners including Blackstone, AvalonBay Communities, Douglas Elliman, New Valley Ventures, Equity Residential, GID, LEN×, The Moinian Group; Morgan Properties, Related Group, and Starwood Capital Group  The post Bilt Rewards Raises $60M in Funding appeared first on FinSMEs .
AvalonBay Communities found using ticker (AVB) have now 21 analysts covering the stock with the consensus suggesting a rating of ''Hold''. The target price ranges between 285 and 176 and has a mean target at 234.71. With the stocks previous close at 223.68 this is indicating there is a potential upside of 4.9%. The 50 day moving average now sits at 225.93 and the 200 day moving average is 207.83. The company has a market cap of $30,700m. Find out more information at: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="AVB" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] As of December 31, 2020, the Company owned or held a direct or indirect ownership interest in 291 apartment communities containing 86,025 apartment homes in 11 states and the District of Columbia, of which...
AVB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AVBWant to see what other sources are saying about Avalonbay Communities Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Avalonbay Communities Inc (AVB) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Avalonbay Communities Inc (AVB) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Avalonbay Communities Inc (AVB) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch