AvalonBay Communities Inc. (AVB): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AVB POWR Grades
- AVB scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 76.74% of US stocks.
- AVB's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- AVB ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 20th percentile.
AVB Stock Summary
- AVB has a market capitalization of $22,069,598,477 -- more than approximately 90.65% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of AVALONBAY COMMUNITIES INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 3.2% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for AVALONBAY COMMUNITIES INC is higher than it is for about 91.38% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AVB, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are WPC, AEE, ES, AER, and AMH.
- Visit AVB's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.avalonbay.com.
AVB Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Real Estate stock, AVB's price/sales ratio is 112.82% higher, now standing at 8.3.
- Over the past 243 months, AVB's price/earnings ratio has gone up 2.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AVB.
AVB Growth Metrics
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -14.25%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 135.52%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 43.46%.
The table below shows AVB's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AVB's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AVB has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 54.79% of graded US stocks.
- AVB's asset turnover comes in at 0.117 -- ranking 173rd of 444 Trading stocks.
- MAC, WELL, and RLJ are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AVB.
The table below shows AVB's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AVB Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of AVB, see our AVB price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$235.10||Average Broker Recommendation||1.83 (Hold)|
AVB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AVB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$163.26||52-week high||$259.05|
|Prev. close||$162.20||52-week low||$153.07|
|Day high||$163.90||Avg. volume||853,708|
|50-day MA||$171.77||Dividend yield||4.04%|
|200-day MA||$181.78||Market Cap||22.84B|
AvalonBay Communities Inc. (AVB) Company Bio
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is a publicly traded real estate investment trust that invests in apartments. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
AVB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AVB Latest Social Stream
View Full AVB Social Stream
Latest AVB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AVALONBAY COMMUNITIES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AVB as an investment opportunity.
Should Investors Hold on to AvalonBay (AVB) Stock for Now?
Healthy demand for residential properties, strategic buyouts and technological innovations bode well for AvalonBay (AVB). However, the lack of rent relief and interest rate hikes are worrisome.
Top Research Reports for Valero Energy, Roper Technologies & American Electric Power
Today's Research Daily features new research reports on 16 major stocks, including Valero Energy Corporation (VLO), Roper Technologies, Inc. (ROP) and American Electric Power Company, Inc. (AEP).
These 10 Sustainable REITs Are Positioned for a Rebound
Barron’s has identified the 10 most sustainable U.S. real estate investment trusts with the help of Calvert Research and Management.
Zacks Industry Outlook Highlights AvalonBay Communities, Mid-America Apartment Communities and Elme Communities
AvalonBay Communities, Mid-America Apartment Communities and Elme Communities are part of the Zacks Industry Outlook article.
3 Residential REITs to Consider Despite Industry Challenges
While macroeconomic uncertainty, high deliveries, cost pressures and rent regulations are hurting the Zacks Equity REIT - Residential industry constituents, high costs of homeownership and the focus on technology are likely to aid AVB, MAA and ELME.
AVB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AVBWant to see what other sources are saying about Avalonbay Communities Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Avalonbay Communities Inc (AVB) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Avalonbay Communities Inc (AVB) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Avalonbay Communities Inc (AVB) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...