American Vanguard Corporation ($0.10 Par Value) (AVD): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AVD POWR Grades
- AVD scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 96.29% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AVD is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 52 weeks.
- AVD's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 38.28% of US stocks).
AVD Stock Summary
- AVD's went public 33.37 years ago, making it older than 89.15% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of American Vanguard Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 97.83% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.96, American Vanguard Corp has a higher such ratio than just 20.92% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AVD, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are TRNS, ODC, HWKN, ROCK, and LAKE.
- Visit AVD's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.american-vanguard.com.
AVD Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, AVD's price/sales ratio is 43.75% lower, now standing at 0.9.
- AVD's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
- AVD's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 15.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AVD.
AVD Growth Metrics
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at 58.91%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 148.29%.
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -99.53%.
The table below shows AVD's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AVD's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AVD has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 59.55% of graded US stocks.
- AVD's asset turnover comes in at 0.727 -- ranking 34th of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- CC, ICL, and ASIX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AVD.
The table below shows AVD's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AVD Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AVD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$15.40||52-week high||$22.49|
|Prev. close||$15.82||52-week low||$12.79|
|Day high||$15.72||Avg. volume||137,014|
|50-day MA||$15.31||Dividend yield||0.51%|
|200-day MA||$17.73||Market Cap||475.52M|
American Vanguard Corporation ($0.10 Par Value) (AVD) Company Bio
American Vanguard Corporation develops, manufactures, and markets specialty chemicals for agricultural, commercial, and consumer uses in the United States and internationally. The company was founded in 1969 and is based in Newport Beach, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
AVD Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AVD Latest Social Stream
View Full AVD Social Stream
Latest AVD News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about American Vanguard Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AVD as an investment opportunity.
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif., September 13, 2021--American Vanguard Corp. (NYSE:AVD) announced that its Board of Directors has declared a $0.02 cash dividend payment to be distributed on October 15, 2021, to shareholders of record as of October 1, 2021.
American Vanguard's (AVD) buyback program will offset the increase of outstanding shares stemming from equity awards made to the company's employees.
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif., August 30, 2021--American Vanguard Corporation (NYSE: AVD) today announced that the Company’s Board of Directors has approved a program for repurchasing up to 300,000 shares of common stock within the requirements of Exchange Act Rule 10b-18 over the next six months. Eric Wintemute, Chairman and CEO of American Vanguard, stated, "This repurchasing program will help to offset the expansion of outstanding shares arising from equity awards made to the company’s employees. We
American Vanguard (AVD) sees higher sales across its domestic and international businesses in the second quarter.
Finding a business that has the potential to grow substantially is not easy, but it is possible if we look at a few key...
AVD Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|