American Vanguard Corporation ($0.10 Par Value) (AVD): Price and Financial Metrics
AVD Stock Summary
- AVD's went public 32.85 years ago, making it older than 89.26% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of American Vanguard Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 98.26% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -25.2%, American Vanguard Corp's debt growth rate surpasses just 14.29% of about US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to American Vanguard Corp are APOG, LAKE, MTH, HWKN, and TRNS.
- Visit AVD's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.american-vanguard.com.
AVD Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AVD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$20.35||52-week high||$22.49|
|Prev. close||$20.37||52-week low||$11.71|
|Day high||$20.48||Avg. volume||110,164|
|50-day MA||$20.20||Dividend yield||0.39%|
|200-day MA||$16.16||Market Cap||628.86M|
American Vanguard Corporation ($0.10 Par Value) (AVD) Company Bio
American Vanguard Corporation develops, manufactures, and markets specialty chemicals for agricultural, commercial, and consumer uses in the United States and internationally. The company was founded in 1969 and is based in Newport Beach, California.
AVD Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for American Vanguard Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that American Vanguard Corp ranked in the 70th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for AVD, they are:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 84% of its capital from equity, and 16% of its capital from debt. Notably, its equity weight is greater than 61.14% of US equities in the Basic Materials sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- American Vanguard Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 23.37% of tickers in our DCF set.
- American Vanguard Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 4.54. This coverage rate is greater than that of 57.46% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
AVD Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AVD Latest Social Stream
View Full AVD Social Stream
Latest AVD News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about American Vanguard Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AVD as an investment opportunity.
American Vanguard ([[AVD]] +1.1%) announces the integration of its subsidiary OHP into the AMVAC Environmental Products ((AEP)) family to create a unified non-crop business entity within AVD.OHP is a technology-based solutions provider for greenhouse and nursery production applications, which was acquired by AVD's AMVAC in 2017 to expand its non-crop footprint in...
American Vanguard / AMVAC bring OHP Inc. subsidiary into AMVAC Environmental Products to create a unified non-crop business entity within AVD
The following slide deck was published by American Vanguard Corporation in conjunction with their 2020 Q4 earnings call....
American Vanguard Corp. (NYSE:AVD) announced that its Board of Directors has declared a $0.02 cash dividend payment to be distributed on April 15, 2021 to shareholders of record as of March 25, 2021.
Image source: The Motley Fool. American Vanguard Corp (NYSE: AVD)Q4 2020 Earnings CallMar 11, 2021, 4:30 p.m. ETContents: Prepared Remarks Questions and Answers Call Participants Prepared Remarks: OperatorGreetings, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to the American Vanguard Fourth Quarter 2020 and Full Year Earnings Call.
AVD Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AVDWant to do more research on American Vanguard Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!