American Vanguard Corporation ($0.10 Par Value) (AVD): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AVD POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where AVD ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.18% of US stocks.
- AVD's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- AVD ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 39th percentile.
AVD Stock Summary
- American Vanguard Corp's stock had its IPO on June 22, 1988, making it an older stock than 89.12% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of American Vanguard Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 98.03% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a price/sales ratio of 1.08, American Vanguard Corp has a higher such ratio than only 22.58% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to American Vanguard Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be ADUS, CRAI, STRT, SMP, and CENT.
- Visit AVD's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.american-vanguard.com.
AVD Valuation Summary
- AVD's price/sales ratio is 1.1; this is 35.29% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, AVD's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.6.
- AVD's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AVD.
AVD Growth Metrics
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at -35.79%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 9.44%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -15.9%.
The table below shows AVD's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AVD Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AVD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$16.51||52-week high||$22.49|
|Prev. close||$16.66||52-week low||$12.68|
|Day high||$16.89||Avg. volume||114,018|
|50-day MA||$17.42||Dividend yield||0.48%|
|200-day MA||$17.64||Market Cap||508.97M|
American Vanguard Corporation ($0.10 Par Value) (AVD) Company Bio
American Vanguard Corporation develops, manufactures, and markets specialty chemicals for agricultural, commercial, and consumer uses in the United States and internationally. The company was founded in 1969 and is based in Newport Beach, California.
AVD Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for American Vanguard Corp. To summarize, we found that American Vanguard Corp ranked in the 60th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of American Vanguard Corp, consider:
- American Vanguard Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 19.03% of tickers in our DCF set.
- American Vanguard Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 5.86. This coverage rate is greater than that of 58.53% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Basic Materials), American Vanguard Corp has a reliance on debt greater than 52.9% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
AVD Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AVD Latest Social Stream
View Full AVD Social Stream
Latest AVD News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about American Vanguard Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AVD as an investment opportunity.
American Vanguard Corporation (NYSE:AVD) Stock's Been Sliding But Fundamentals Look Decent: Will The Market Correct The Share Price In The Future?
American Vanguard (NYSE:AVD) has had a rough three months with its share price down 18%. However, the company's...
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--American Vanguard Corp. (NYSE:AVD) announced voting results arising from the Annual Meeting of Stockholders held on June 2, 2021. In summary, all measures on the ballot passed. Thus, the following nominees - Scott D. Baskin, Lawrence S. Clark, Debra F. Edwards, Morton D. Erlich, Emer Gunter, Alfred F. Ingulli, John L. Killmer, Eric G. Wintemute, and M. Esmail Zirakparvar - were re-elected to serve as directors until the next annual meeting or until their
These are the agriculture stocks with the best value, fastest growth, and most momentum for Q3 2021.
American Vanguard Corp. (NYSE:AVD) announced that its Board of Directors has declared a $0.02 cash dividend payment to be distributed on July 8, 2021 to shareholders of record as of June 24, 2021.
American Vanguard Corporation with ticker code (AVD) have now 2 analysts in total covering the stock. The consensus rating is ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 24 and 23 calculating the average target price we see 23.5. Given that the stocks previous close was at 17.67 this would imply there is a potential upside of 33.0%. The day 50 moving average is 19.3 and the 200 day moving average is 18.47. The company has a market cap of $547m. Visit the company website at: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="AVD" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] American Vanguard Corporation, through its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, and markets specialty chemicals for agricultural, commercial, and consumer uses in the United States and internationally...
AVD Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|