Atea Pharmaceuticals Inc. (AVIR) Social Stream
Featured Post From StockTwits About AVIR
$AVIR Currently there is not an effective antiviral treatment for COVID.StrategyDD, published August 16, 2021
The 2 main drug groups to treat SARS-CoV-2 are :
• Agents targeting proteins or RNA of the virus or
• Agents interfering with proteins or biological processes in the host that support the virus.
The main drug groups include
• Inhibitors of viral entry (convalescent plasma, monoclonal antibodies, etc)
• Inhibitors of viral proteases (lopinavir/ritonavir, PF-07321332, PF-07304814, GC376)
• Inhibitors of viral RNA (remdesivir, favipiravir, molnupiravir, AVIR AT-527, merimepodib, PTC299)
• Inhibitors of host proteins supporting virus (plitidepsin, fluvoxamine, ivermectin)
• Agents supporting host natural immunity (Interferons).
Monoclonal antibodies are seem to be the most effective treatment for COVID at the moment.
Results of phase trials are waited to learn whether or not the newer agents such as molnupiravir, PF-07321332, PF-07304814, plitidepsin and AT-527 are effective.