Avery Dennison Corp. (AVY): Price and Financial Metrics
AVY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$167.52||52-week high||$204.37|
|Prev. close||$166.02||52-week low||$151.62|
|Day high||$167.94||Avg. volume||547,706|
|50-day MA||$172.20||Dividend yield||1.8%|
|200-day MA||$178.30||Market Cap||13.52B|
AVY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AVY POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where AVY ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 87.57% of US stocks.
- AVY's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- AVY's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 12.89% of US stocks).
AVY Stock Summary
- AVERY DENNISON CORP's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 88.73% of US listed stocks.
- AVERY DENNISON CORP's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.61% of US equities in our set.
- The volatility of AVERY DENNISON CORP's share price is greater than that of merely 2.3% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AVY, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are LECO, POOL, DOV, MAT, and DGX.
- AVY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit AVERY DENNISON CORP's official web site, go to www.averydennison.com.
AVY Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, AVY's price/earnings ratio is 10.93% higher, now standing at 20.3.
- Over the past 243 months, AVY's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 0.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AVY.
AVY Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 29.5%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 17.89%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 17.89%.
The table below shows AVY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AVY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AVY has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.43% of graded US stocks.
- AVY's asset turnover comes in at 1.229 -- ranking 2nd of 21 Business Supplies stocks.
- NP, HNI, and VIRC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AVY.
The table below shows AVY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AVY Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of AVY, see our AVY price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$233.00||Average Broker Recommendation||1.54 (Moderate Buy)|
Avery Dennison Corp. (AVY) Company Bio
Avery Dennison Corporation is a multinational manufacturer and distributor of pressure-sensitive adhesive materials (such as self-adhesive labels), apparel branding labels and tags, RFID inlays, and specialty medical products. The company is a member of the Fortune 500 and is headquartered in Glendale, California. (Source:Wikipedia)
AVY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AVY Latest Social Stream
View Full AVY Social Stream
Latest AVY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AVERY DENNISON CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AVY as an investment opportunity.
Should You Buy Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE:AVY) For Its Upcoming Dividend?
Readers hoping to buy Avery Dennison Corporation ( NYSE:AVY ) for its dividend will need to make their move shortly, as...
UPDATE 1-US Supreme Court rejects Avery Dennison appeal on patent eligibility
The U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday turned away a patent dispute between labeling company Avery Dennison Corp and ADASA Inc that would have given it a chance to clarify a standard that critics have said has sown confusion about what inventions can be legally protected and led to cancellations of valid patents. The justices declined to hear Avery Dennison's appeal of a lower court's decision upholding a patent involving tracking tags that was the subject of a $62.4 million infringement award won by ADASA in a lawsuit brought in Oregon. The justices have not explored the question of patent eligibility since 2014, rebuffing various requests to take up the issue.
US Supreme Court rejects Avery Dennison appeal on patent eligibility
WASHINGTON (Reuters) -The U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday turned away a patent dispute between labeling company Avery Dennison Corp and ADASA Inc that would have given it a chance to clarify a standard that critics have said has sown confusion about what inventions can be legally protected and led to cancellations of valid patents. The justices declined to hear Avery Dennison's appeal of a lower court's decision upholding a patent involving tracking tags that was the subject of a $62.4 million infringement award won by ADASA in a lawsuit brought in Oregon. The justices have not explored the question of patent eligibility since 2014, rebuffing various requests to take up the issue.
Investors in Avery Dennison (NYSE:AVY) have seen respectable returns of 74% over the past five years
When we invest, we're generally looking for stocks that outperform the market average. And while active stock picking...
Avery Dennison Announces Planned CEO Succession
MENTOR, Ohio, May 24, 2023--Avery Dennison Announces Planned CEO Succession
AVY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AVYHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Avery Dennison Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Avery Dennison Corp (AVY) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Avery Dennison Corp (AVY) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Avery Dennison Corp (AVY) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...