Avery Dennison Corp. (AVY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AVY POWR Grades
- AVY scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 89.33% of US stocks.
- AVY's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- AVY's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 15.08% of US stocks).
AVY Stock Summary
- AVERY DENNISON CORP's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 89.79% of US listed stocks.
- AVY's went public 36.95 years ago, making it older than 93.49% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The volatility of AVERY DENNISON CORP's share price is greater than that of only 9.97% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AVY, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are HUBB, RPM, J, SNA, and NDSN.
- Visit AVY's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.averydennison.com.
AVY Valuation Summary
- AVY's price/sales ratio is 1.7; this is 41.67% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- AVY's price/sales ratio has moved down 0 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AVY.
AVY Growth Metrics
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 19.27%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 280.32%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 34.69%.
The table below shows AVY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AVY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AVY has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.43% of graded US stocks.
- AVY's asset turnover comes in at 1.229 -- ranking 2nd of 21 Business Supplies stocks.
- NP, HNI, and VIRC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AVY.
The table below shows AVY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AVY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AVY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$191.36||52-week high||$219.41|
|Prev. close||$192.60||52-week low||$151.62|
|Day high||$192.09||Avg. volume||551,324|
|50-day MA||$175.58||Dividend yield||1.56%|
|200-day MA||$175.54||Market Cap||15.49B|
Avery Dennison Corp. (AVY) Company Bio
Avery Dennison Corporation is a multinational manufacturer and distributor of pressure-sensitive adhesive materials (such as self-adhesive labels), apparel branding labels and tags, RFID inlays, and specialty medical products. The company is a member of the Fortune 500 and is headquartered in Glendale, California. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
AVY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AVY Latest Social Stream
View Full AVY Social Stream
Latest AVY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AVERY DENNISON CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AVY as an investment opportunity.
How far off is Avery Dennison Corporation ( NYSE:AVY ) from its intrinsic value? Using the most recent financial data...
The report also uncovered a multibillion-dollar problem with inventory losses.
Fiduciary Management, an investment management firm, published its “All Cap Strategy” first quarter 2022 investor letter – a copy of which can be downloaded here. The FMI All Cap Strategy declined approximately 4.5% (gross)/4.6% (net) in the September quarter compared to a 4.32% decline in the iShares Russell 3000 ETF Try to spare some time to […]
For beginners, it can seem like a good idea (and an exciting prospect) to buy a company that tells a good story to...
There's a lot to be optimistic about in the Materials sector as 2 analysts just weighed in on Avery Dennison (AVY – Research Report) and Avantor (AVTR – Research Report) with bullish sentiments. Avery Dennison (AVY) J.P. Morgan analyst Jeffrey Zekauskas maintained a Buy rating on Avery Dennison on October 27 and set a price target of $195.00. The company's shares closed last Friday at $171.63. According to TipRanks.
AVY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|