Astrazeneca PLC (AZN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AZN POWR Grades
- AZN scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 88.67% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AZN is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- AZN's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 11.83% of US stocks).
AZN Stock Summary
- AZN has a market capitalization of $150,851,889,762 -- more than approximately 98.49% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Astrazeneca Plc is reporting a growth rate of 87.89%; that's higher than 82.65% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, AZN is more volatile than only 9.49% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Astrazeneca Plc, a group of peers worth examining would be LIN, BMY, AMGN, AXP, and UNP.
- AZN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Astrazeneca Plc's official web site, go to www.astrazeneca.com.
AZN Valuation Summary
- AZN's price/earnings ratio is 38.6; this is 13.53% higher than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- Over the past 243 months, AZN's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.9.
- AZN's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AZN.
AZN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AZN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$56.81||52-week high||$60.93|
|Prev. close||$57.46||52-week low||$46.48|
|Day high||$57.43||Avg. volume||10,890,897|
|50-day MA||$58.06||Dividend yield||3.24%|
|200-day MA||$53.23||Market Cap||149.10B|
Astrazeneca PLC (AZN) Company Bio
AstraZeneca plc engages in the discovery, development, and commercialization of prescription medicines for the treatment of cardiovascular, metabolic, respiratory, inflammation, autoimmune, oncology, infection, and neuroscience diseases worldwide. The company was founded in 1992 and is based in London, the United Kingdom.
AZN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for AZN, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Astrazeneca Plc ranked in the 49th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for AZN, they are:
- Astrazeneca Plc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 18.85% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Healthcare), Astrazeneca Plc has a reliance on debt greater than 69.78% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
AZN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AZN Latest Social Stream
View Full AZN Social Stream
Latest AZN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Astrazeneca Plc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AZN as an investment opportunity.
narvikk/iStock via Getty Images Israel has greenlighted the administration of COVID-19 vaccines to children aged 5 – 11 years who are at risk of advancing to the severe form of the disease, The Jerusalem Post reported. “There are special situations in which vaccination can be considered for children at these ages,” the country’s...
While NVAX stock may enjoy increased relevance on paper due to the delta variant, investors should think about the bigger picture.
President of the Nation Multimedia Group denounces social inequality in Buriram In a Facebook post, Shine Bunnag, chairman of the Nation Multimedia Group (NMG), asked why Burirams police officers received a third AstraZeneca shot while 38 million Thais did not even get one. He posted his comment on Facebook after seeing a photo on social  The post President of the Nation Multimedia Group denounces social inequality in Buriram appeared first on Pattaya News - PattayaToday .
Ghana will by mid-August receive millions of COVID-19 vaccines through the COVAX facility to ramp up the availability of vaccines, to inoculate all adult population of the country by the end of 2021. About one million Pfizer vaccines from the United States of America, 229,670 Pfizer vaccines from the African Union, and 249,000 AstraZeneca vaccines The post Millions of Pfizer, AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines to arrive by mid-August Akufo-Addo appeared first on Ghana Business News .
BANGKOK: Thailands Centre of Excellence in Clinical Virology, at the Faculty of Medicine of Chulalongkorn University, reported today (July 26) that a vaccine cocktail of Sinovac and AstraZeneca is highly effective.
AZN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|