Aspen Technology, Inc. (AZPN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AZPN POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where AZPN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.17% of US stocks.
- AZPN's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- AZPN's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 16.06% of US stocks).
AZPN Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Aspen Technology Inc is higher than 86.27% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 1.25 for Aspen Technology Inc; that's greater than it is for merely 14.22% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, AZPN is more volatile than only 11.42% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Aspen Technology Inc are TTEK, JOBS, CARG, ESNT, and CHE.
- AZPN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Aspen Technology Inc's official web site, go to www.aspentech.com.
AZPN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AZPN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$139.82||52-week high||$162.56|
|Prev. close||$139.00||52-week low||$93.55|
|Day high||$139.95||Avg. volume||571,630|
|50-day MA||$141.95||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$137.57||Market Cap||9.51B|
Aspen Technology, Inc. (AZPN) Company Bio
Aspen Technology is a supplier of software that optimizes process manufacturing – for energy, chemicals, engineering and construction, and other industries that manufacture and produce products from a chemical process. The company was founded in 1981 and is based in Bedford, Massachusetts.
AZPN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for AZPN, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Aspen Technology Inc ranked in the 22th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 75%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for AZPN, they are:
- In the past 5.71 years, Aspen Technology Inc has a compound free cash flow growth rate of 0.07%; that's higher than only 24.06% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Technology sector.
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 3% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than just 13.84% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- AZPN's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 50.91% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
AZPN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AZPN Latest Social Stream
View Full AZPN Social Stream
Latest AZPN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Aspen Technology Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AZPN as an investment opportunity.
BEDFORD, Mass., Jun 14, 2021--Aspen Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: AZPN) ("AspenTech"), a global leader in asset optimization software, announced today that its Board of Directors has authorized a new share repurchase program under which AspenTech may repurchase up to $300 million of its outstanding shares of common stock in Fiscal Year 2022.
BEDFORD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aspen Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ:AZPN), a global leader in asset optimization software, today announced that Antonio Pietri, President and Chief Executive Officer and Chantelle Breithaupt, Chief Financial Officer, will present at the Baird Global Consumer, Technology & Services Conference. The presentation is scheduled for Tuesday, June 8 at 8:30 a.m. ET. The presentation will be webcast live and available for a limited time on the Investor Relations section o
Aspen Technology (AZPN) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Autodesk (ADSK) first-quarter fiscal 2022 results reflect higher subscription revenues and gross margin expansion.
No summary available.
AZPN Price Returns