Aspen Technology, Inc. (AZPN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AZPN POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where AZPN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.11% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AZPN is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- AZPN ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 10th percentile.
AZPN Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Aspen Technology Inc is higher than 86.48% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- With a price/sales ratio of 16.29, Aspen Technology Inc has a higher such ratio than 91.26% of stocks in our set.
- As for revenue growth, note that AZPN's revenue has grown -2.98% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of only 14.81% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AZPN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are TUFN, AIRG, CTSO, DLB, and CGNX.
- AZPN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Aspen Technology Inc's official web site, go to www.aspentech.com.
AZPN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, AZPN's price/sales ratio is 132.08% higher, now standing at 12.3.
- AZPN's price/earnings ratio has moved up 76.9 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, AZPN's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 96.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AZPN.
AZPN Growth Metrics
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 170.38%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 24.06%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 68.77%.
The table below shows AZPN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AZPN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AZPN has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 98.81% of graded US stocks.
- AZPN's asset turnover comes in at 0.538 -- ranking 308th of 563 Business Services stocks.
- LTBR, SRT, and NEWR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AZPN.
The table below shows AZPN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AZPN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AZPN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$197.73||52-week high||$197.75|
|Prev. close||$190.65||52-week low||$122.29|
|Day high||$197.75||Avg. volume||398,529|
|50-day MA||$165.76||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$149.29||Market Cap||12.82B|
Aspen Technology, Inc. (AZPN) Company Bio
Aspen Technology is a supplier of software that optimizes process manufacturing – for energy, chemicals, engineering and construction, and other industries that manufacture and produce products from a chemical process. The company was founded in 1981 and is based in Bedford, Massachusetts.
Most Popular Stories View All
AZPN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AZPN Latest Social Stream
View Full AZPN Social Stream
Latest AZPN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Aspen Technology Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AZPN as an investment opportunity.
Aspen Technology (AZPN) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
BEDFORD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aspen Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ:AZPN), a global leader in asset optimization software, today announced that management will present at the following upcoming investor conferences: Chief Executive Officer, Antonio Pietri, and Chief Financial Officer, Chantelle Breithaupt, will present at the Berenberg Thematic Software Virtual Conference. The presentation is scheduled for Tuesday, March 1, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. ET. Chief Executive Officer, Antonio Pietri, will presen
BEDFORD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NRL, an Indian energy company, adopts AspenTech to sustain optimal plant performance and enable better decision-making.
Fortive's (FTV) recently approved share repurchase program underscores the company's sound financial position and its commitment to reward its shareholders.
Aspen's (AZPN) Q2 performance is negatively impacted by lower License revenues.
AZPN Price Returns