Aspen Technology, Inc. (AZPN): Price and Financial Metrics
AZPN Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Aspen Technology Inc is higher than 90.37% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- With a price/sales ratio of 15.47, Aspen Technology Inc has a higher such ratio than 92.4% of stocks in our set.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 108.96%, Aspen Technology Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 87.33% of about US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Aspen Technology Inc are TRMB, CGNX, NATI, FFIV, and MRCY.
- Visit AZPN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.aspentech.com.
AZPN Stock Price Chart More Charts
AZPN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$123.37||52-week high||$142.89|
|Prev. close||$125.44||52-week low||$96.25|
|Day high||$125.09||Avg. volume||690,163|
|50-day MA||$128.18||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$125.12||Market Cap||8.38B|
Aspen Technology, Inc. (AZPN) Company Bio
Aspen Technology is a supplier of software that optimizes process manufacturing – for energy, chemicals, engineering and construction, and other industries that manufacture and produce products from a chemical process. The company was founded in 1981 and is based in Bedford, Massachusetts.
AZPN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for AZPN, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Aspen Technology Inc ranked in the 23st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for AZPN, they are:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 99. Notably, its equity weight is greater than 88.38% of US equities in the Technology sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 1% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately merely 6.25% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- AZPN's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 61.73% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|