Barings BDC, Inc. (BBDC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BBDC POWR Grades
- BBDC scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 87.51% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BBDC is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 178 days.
- BBDC ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 16th percentile.
BBDC Stock Summary
- BBDC's current price/earnings ratio is 57.01, which is higher than 90.15% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- For BBDC, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 98.54% of US equities we're observing.
- As for revenue growth, note that BBDC's revenue has grown 62.09% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 86.11% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to BARINGS BDC INC, a group of peers worth examining would be BKCC, VEL, MFA, WHF, and NAVI.
- BBDC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit BARINGS BDC INC's official web site, go to www.baringsbdc.com.
BBDC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, BBDC's price/sales ratio is 79.31% higher, now standing at 5.2.
- Over the past 189 months, BBDC's price/earnings ratio has gone up 46.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BBDC.
BBDC Growth Metrics
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -66.17%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -827.23%.
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 179.74%.
The table below shows BBDC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BBDC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BBDC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 44.35% of graded US stocks.
- BBDC's asset turnover comes in at 0.062 -- ranking 69th of 428 Banking stocks.
- LOB, NBHC, and GLG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BBDC.
The table below shows BBDC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BBDC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BBDC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$9.13||52-week high||$11.28|
|Prev. close||$9.20||52-week low||$7.89|
|Day high||$9.25||Avg. volume||507,070|
|50-day MA||$8.75||Dividend yield||10.43%|
|200-day MA||$9.77||Market Cap||993.64M|
Barings BDC, Inc. (BBDC) Company Bio
Barings BDC, Inc. (NYSE: BBDC) is a publicly traded, externally managed investment company that has elected to be treated as a business development company under the Investment Company Act of 1940. Barings BDC seeks to invest primarily in senior secured loans to private U.S. middle-market companies that operate across a wide range of industries. It specializes in mezzanine, leveraged buyouts, management buyouts, ESOPs, change of control transactions, acquisition financings, growth financing, and recapitalizations in lower middle market, mature, and later stage companies. Barings BDC's investment activities are managed by its investment adviser, Barings LLC, a leading global asset manager based in Charlotte, NC with over $335 billion of AUM firm-wide. For more information, visit www.baringsbdc.com.
Most Popular Stories View All
BBDC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BBDC Latest Social Stream
View Full BBDC Social Stream
Latest BBDC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BARINGS BDC INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BBDC as an investment opportunity.
Companies in the Financial sector have received a lot of coverage today as analysts weigh in on Truist Financial (TFC – Research Report) and Barings BDC (BBDC – Research Report). Truist Financial (TFC) In a report released today, Betsy Graseck from Morgan Stanley maintained a Hold rating on Truist Financial, with a price target of $59.00. The company's shares closed last Monday at $45.94. According to TipRanks.
Barings BDC (BBDC) might move higher on growing optimism about its earnings prospects, which is reflected by its upgrade to a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy).
The average of price targets set by Wall Street analysts indicates a potential upside of 32.9% in Barings BDC (BBDC). While the effectiveness of this highly sought-after metric is questionable, the positive trend in earnings estimate revisions might translate into an upside in the stock.
Analysts Offer Insights on Financial Companies: Silvergate Capital (SI), Carlyle Group (CG) and Barings BDC (BBDC)
Companies in the Financial sector have received a lot of coverage today as analysts weigh in on Silvergate Capital (SI – Research Report), Carlyle Group (CG – Research Report) and Barings BDC (BBDC – Research Report). Silvergate Capital (SI) Goldman Sachs analyst Will Nance maintained a Hold rating on Silvergate Capital today and set a price target of $40.00. The company's shares closed last Monday at $33.90, close to its 52-week low of $26.77. According to TipRanks.com, Nance has 0 stars on 0-5 stars ranking scale with an average return of Finian O'Shea from Wells Fargo maintained a Buy rating on Barings BDC, with a price target of $10.00.
Investing in safe high-yield dividend stocks is a good way to protect yourself as the economy slips closer to a recession.
BBDC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|