Best Buy Co. Inc. (BBY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BBY POWR Grades
- BBY scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 84.39% of US stocks.
- BBY's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- BBY ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 7th percentile.
BBY Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for BBY is 17.03 -- better than 98.44% of US stocks.
- BEST BUY CO INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.22% of US equities in our set.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for BBY comes in at 23.77% -- higher than that of 92.04% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to BBY, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are VFC, BJ, AAP, ULTA, and POOL.
- Visit BBY's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.bestbuy.com.
BBY Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, BBY's price/sales ratio is 82.35% lower, now standing at 0.3.
- BBY's price/sales ratio has moved down 0 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BBY.
BBY Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -47.99%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 17.91%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -1.52%.
The table below shows BBY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BBY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BBY has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 90.98% of graded US stocks.
- BBY's asset turnover comes in at 2.731 -- ranking 16th of 165 Retail stocks.
- DBI, TJX, and BURL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BBY.
The table below shows BBY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BBY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BBY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$64.25||52-week high||$141.97|
|Prev. close||$65.08||52-week low||$62.42|
|Day high||$65.54||Avg. volume||3,173,129|
|50-day MA||$74.65||Dividend yield||5.41%|
|200-day MA||$86.23||Market Cap||14.46B|
Best Buy Co. Inc. (BBY) Company Bio
Best Buy is an American multinational consumer electronics retailer headquartered in Richfield, Minnesota. Originally founded by Richard M. Schulze and James Wheeler in 1966 as an audio specialty store called Sound of Music, it was rebranded under its current name with an emphasis on consumer electronics in 1983. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
BBY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BBY Latest Social Stream
View Full BBY Social Stream
Latest BBY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BEST BUY CO INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BBY as an investment opportunity.
Best Buy (BBY) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Retailers generally don't like giving details about their anti-theft strategies. But as shoplifting rises in many cities, more stores are using one tried-and-true method: Keeping at risk items off of shelves altogether.
Many retailers use a risk algorithm to determine which items to lock up and in what locations. But the tactic risks annoying customers and investors.
The total return for Best Buy (NYSE:BBY) investors has risen faster than earnings growth over the last five years
If you buy and hold a stock for many years, you'd hope to be making a profit. Furthermore, you'd generally like to see...
Macy's Inc (NYSE: M) is expecting an early start to holiday season shipping this year, Reuters reported. The statement is in contrast to Best Buy Co Inc's (NYSE: BBY) standing that there was uncertainty about shopping trends due to inflation-driven uncertainty. Supply chain woes triggered by the COVID-19 pandemic made customers shop early in the last two years on concerns about product availability by the time of Thanksgiving in late November. Macy's thinks the trend will continue this year as w
BBY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|