Best Buy Co., Inc. (BBY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BBY POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where BBY ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.98% of US stocks.
- BBY's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 206 days.
- BBY's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 16.65% of US stocks).
BBY Stock Summary
- Best Buy Co Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 97% of US listed stocks.
- Best Buy Co Inc's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.9% of US equities in our set.
- The volatility of Best Buy Co Inc's share price is greater than that of just 3.9% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to BBY, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are KR, ROK, VFC, GWW, and CBRE.
- BBY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Best Buy Co Inc's official web site, go to www.bestbuy.com.
BBY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BBY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$120.39||52-week high||$128.57|
|Prev. close||$120.39||52-week low||$75.23|
|Day high||$120.39||Avg. volume||2,561,588|
|50-day MA||$117.23||Dividend yield||2.33%|
|200-day MA||$112.22||Market Cap||30.15B|
Best Buy Co., Inc. (BBY) Company Bio
Best Buy operates as a retailer of technology products - television and home theaters,digital cameras and camcorders, DVD and Blu-ray players, car stereo, navigation and satellite radio and related accessories, and services - Geek squad handles computer repair, other tech services, installations, etc. in the United States and internationally. The company was founded in 1966 and is based in Richfield, Minnesota.
BBY Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Best Buy Co Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Best Buy Co Inc ranked in the 77th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Best Buy Co Inc ended up being:
- BBY's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 28.82% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Consumer Cyclical), Best Buy Co Inc has a reliance on debt greater than just 23.42% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
BBY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BBY Latest Social Stream
View Full BBY Social Stream
Latest BBY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Best Buy Co Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BBY as an investment opportunity.
Best Buy (BBY) closed at $120.39 in the latest trading session, marking a +1.17% move from the prior day.
Spending on items for the home remains hot, according to new data from Bank of America.
Although retail stocks are still risky due to the dark cloud over the economy, these names offer potentially viable businesses.
Hurry up, they're going to go quick.
The answer on which of these two retail giants is a better investment isn't as simple as it was a decade ago.
BBY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|