Best Buy Co. Inc. (BBY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BBY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$74.33||52-week high||$93.32|
|Prev. close||$71.28||52-week low||$60.78|
|Day high||$74.82||Avg. volume||2,334,515|
|50-day MA||$73.63||Dividend yield||5.16%|
|200-day MA||$76.29||Market Cap||16.25B|
BBY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BBY POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where BBY ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 88.41% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BBY is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- BBY's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 13.04% of US stocks).
BBY Stock Summary
- BEST BUY CO INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 98.09% of US listed stocks.
- BBY's went public 37.42 years ago, making it older than 93.61% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- BBY's price/sales ratio is 0.33; that's higher than the P/S ratio of just 11.58% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to BEST BUY CO INC are CHRW, BJ, PFGC, AN, and BURL.
- Visit BBY's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.bestbuy.com.
BBY Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, BBY's price/sales ratio is 62.5% lower, now standing at 0.3.
- BBY's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BBY.
BBY Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 32.86%.
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at 9.04%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -58.07%.
The table below shows BBY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BBY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BBY has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 90.98% of graded US stocks.
- BBY's asset turnover comes in at 2.731 -- ranking 16th of 165 Retail stocks.
- DBI, TJX, and BURL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BBY.
The table below shows BBY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BBY Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of BBY, see our BBY price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$130.12||Average Broker Recommendation||1.77 (Moderate Buy)|
Best Buy Co. Inc. (BBY) Company Bio
Best Buy is an American multinational consumer electronics retailer headquartered in Richfield, Minnesota. Originally founded by Richard M. Schulze and James Wheeler in 1966 as an audio specialty store called Sound of Music, it was rebranded under its current name with an emphasis on consumer electronics in 1983. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
BBY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BBY Latest Social Stream
View Full BBY Social Stream
Latest BBY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BEST BUY CO INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BBY as an investment opportunity.
Best Buy's (BBY) Q1 Earnings Coming Up: What's in the Cards?
Best Buy's (BBY) first-quarter fiscal 2024 results are likely to reflect a tough operating landscape, including inflation and a higher promotional backdrop.
Retail Earnings: What earnings are saying about the state of the consumer
Yahoo Finance Live previews the week in retail earnings ahead of reporting from retail giants such as BJ's, Dollar Tree, and Costco.
3 Stocks to Avoid This Week
Wall Street bounced back last week. I thought my three stocks to avoid -- Carvana, Despegar.com, and Foot Locker -- were going to lose to the market in the past week. They rose 2%, soared 14%, and plummeted 23%, respectively.
Farfetch Limited stock surges, Foot Locker slides lower
By Remy Blaire Earnings reports from big box retailers pointed to an emerging trend of consumers picking up fewer big-ticket items and easing back on discretionary purchases. Yet, luxury's target demographic isn't pinching pennies. Farfetch Limited (FTCH) reported an increase of 8% in revenue for fiscal Q1 2023. The London-based luxury fashion retailer posted a narrower-than-expected quarterly loss and reiterated its gross merchandise volume outlook for the full-year. Discretionary spending on luxury products for high-end couture brands pushed Farfetch back to growth in the latest quarter. Foot Locker Inc. (FL) couldn’t kick discounting measures and retail shrink to the curb. The sportswear retailer’s shares tumbled with a double-digit percentage loss after weaker-than-expected earnings...
Why retail stocks look terrifying: Morning Brief
Approach retail stocks with caution after worrying earnings call commentary.
BBY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching BBYWant to do more research on Best Buy Co Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Best Buy Co Inc (BBY) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Best Buy Co Inc (BBY) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Best Buy Co Inc (BBY) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...