Best Buy Co., Inc. (BBY): Price and Financial Metrics
BBY Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for BBY is 13.84 -- better than 97.82% of US stocks.
- BBY's went public 34.14 years ago, making it older than 92.46% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 208.97%, Best Buy Co Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 92.01% of about US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to BBY, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ROK, NTRS, KR, AME, and FITB.
- BBY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Best Buy Co Inc's official web site, go to www.bestbuy.com.
BBY Stock Price Chart More Charts
BBY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$90.21||52-week high||$91.83|
|Prev. close||$90.40||52-week low||$59.35|
|Day high||$91.14||Avg. volume||2,147,900|
|50-day MA||$87.48||Dividend yield||2.22%|
|200-day MA||$74.44||Market Cap||23.34B|
Best Buy Co., Inc. (BBY) Company Bio
Best Buy operates as a retailer of technology products - television and home theaters,digital cameras and camcorders, DVD and Blu-ray players, car stereo, navigation and satellite radio and related accessories, and services - Geek squad handles computer repair, other tech services, installations, etc. in the United States and internationally. The company was founded in 1966 and is based in Richfield, Minnesota.
BBY Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for BBY, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Best Buy Co Inc ranked in the 48st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Best Buy Co Inc, consider:
- BBY's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 32.6% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Best Buy Co Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 29.54. This coverage rate is greater than that of 89.24% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Consumer Cyclical), Best Buy Co Inc has a reliance on debt greater than merely 19.13% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|