Best Buy Co. Inc. (BBY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BBY POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where BBY ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 92.22% of US stocks.
- BBY's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- BBY's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 25.94% of US stocks).
BBY Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for BBY is 17.14 -- better than 98.35% of US stocks.
- Best Buy Co Inc's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.84% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Best Buy Co Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 96.27% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Best Buy Co Inc are GWW, BURL, TSCO, ULTA, and POOL.
- Visit BBY's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.bestbuy.com.
BBY Valuation Summary
- BBY's price/earnings ratio is 13.2; this is 31.96% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 243 months, BBY's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.2.
- BBY's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BBY.
BBY Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 9.36%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 43.93%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 8.88%.
The table below shows BBY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BBY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BBY has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 90.98% of graded US stocks.
- BBY's asset turnover comes in at 2.731 -- ranking 16th of 165 Retail stocks.
- DBI, TJX, and BURL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BBY.
The table below shows BBY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BBY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BBY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$80.06||52-week high||$141.97|
|Prev. close||$73.47||52-week low||$69.07|
|Day high||$80.68||Avg. volume||3,312,194|
|50-day MA||$91.15||Dividend yield||4.85%|
|200-day MA||$104.29||Market Cap||18.01B|
Best Buy Co. Inc. (BBY) Company Bio
Best Buy is an American multinational consumer electronics retailer headquartered in Richfield, Minnesota. Originally founded by Richard M. Schulze and James Wheeler in 1966 as an audio specialty store called Sound of Music, it was rebranded under its current name with an emphasis on consumer electronics in 1983. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
BBY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BBY Latest Social Stream
View Full BBY Social Stream
Latest BBY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Best Buy Co Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BBY as an investment opportunity.
Take advantage of Best Buy''s price cut on Microsoft''s premium 2-in-1 so you can work, game, create and stream with ease wherever you go.
Best Buy is cutting prices on all models of the new Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 right now. Save up to $80 during this one-day deal.
Not that long ago, I believed that Amazon (AMZN) would be the downfall of all brick-and-mortar retail. While it was unlikely to push out mega-retailers like Walmart and Target, specialty retailers appeared particularly vulnerable to online sales. Then, with the rise of dropshipping and Shopify (SHOP), it seemed even more...
The Xbox Series X is being restocked at Best Buy, but this one is limited to paying Totaltech members. While the $199.99 annual service is pricey, it most likely increases your chances of getting this sought-after console.
Best Buy Canada''s School Tech Grant Program awards $230,000 to support tech upgrades at schools across Canada
Twenty-three schools to receive support for new technology to engage and inspire learning on behalf of Best Buy Canada and in partnership with Samsung and Google Announcement Highlights: From more than 750 applicants, 23 elementary and secondary schools across Canada have been awarded grants of up to $10,000 each, or Chromebook packages, from Best Buy Canada in partnership with Samsung and Google. Recipients will use this technology to enhance opportunities for their students to improve digital literacy, engagement, and educational advancement. BURNABY, BC , Feb. 23, 2022 /CNW/ - Best Buy Canada is proud to announce the 23 elementary and secondary schools, selected from more than 750 applications, to receive a combined $230,00 in funding for tech-based improvements through the Best Buy ...
BBY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|