Blucora, Inc. (BCOR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BCOR POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where BCOR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 84.99% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BCOR is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- BCOR's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 5.13% of US stocks).
BCOR Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 45.67, BLUCORA INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about 86.42% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for BCOR is currently 53.46, higher than 91.46% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Over the past twelve months, BCOR has reported earnings growth of 2,730.31%, putting it ahead of 99.25% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to BCOR, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are TTMI, HAE, GAMB, UCTT, and CMCO.
- BCOR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit BLUCORA INC's official web site, go to www.blucora.com.
BCOR Valuation Summary
- BCOR's EV/EBIT ratio is 22.7; this is 104.5% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- BCOR's price/earnings ratio has moved up 46.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BCOR.
BCOR Growth Metrics
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 18.75%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -40.62%.
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -475.66%.
The table below shows BCOR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BCOR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BCOR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 57.91% of graded US stocks.
- BCOR's asset turnover comes in at 0.776 -- ranking 5th of 428 Banking stocks.
- PROV, TSC, and EBMT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BCOR.
The table below shows BCOR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BCOR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BCOR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$27.19||52-week high||$27.75|
|Prev. close||$27.27||52-week low||$15.10|
|Day high||$27.38||Avg. volume||313,650|
|50-day MA||$25.05||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$20.94||Market Cap||1.31B|
Blucora, Inc. (BCOR) Company Bio
Bluecora operates a portfolio of Internet businesses in the Unites States and internationally. It operates through three segments: Search and Content, Tax Preparation, and E-Commerce. The company was founded in 1996 and is based in Bellevue, Washington.
Most Popular Stories View All
BCOR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BCOR Latest Social Stream
View Full BCOR Social Stream
Latest BCOR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BLUCORA INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BCOR as an investment opportunity.
Blucora to Change Name to Avantax and Ticker Symbol to AVTADALLAS, Jan. 25, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Blucora, Inc. (NASDAQ: BCOR), a leading provider of tax-focused wealth management services, today announced a corporate name change to Avantax, Inc. and a change of its NASDAQ ticker symbol from “BCOR” to “AVTA” effective as of 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time on Thursday, January 26, 2023 (the “Effective Date”). Despite this name change, the CUSIP number (095229100) remains unchanged. On the Effective Da
DALLAS, Jan. 24, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Blucora, Inc. (“Blucora” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ: BCOR) announced today that the Company and certain of its wholly-owned subsidiaries entered into a credit agreement (the “Amended and Restated Credit Agreement”), which amended and restated the Company’s existing credit agreement, dated May 22, 2017, as amended. The Amended and Restated Credit Agreement provides for a delayed draw term loan facility of up to a maximum principal amount of $270 million an
Company Has Successfully Unlocked Significant Value for Stockholders Through Sale of TaxAct and is Now a Pure-Play Wealth Management Company Company Confirms Previously Announced Plans to Return Significant Capital to Stockholders and Rebrand DALLAS, Jan. 23, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Blucora, Inc. (“Blucora” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ: BCOR) today disclosed that on January 20, 2023, Engine Capital LP (together with its affiliates, “Engine”) provided notice of nomination of a candidate for electio
Although the Nasdaq Composite was down 33% in 2022 and the S&P 500 dropped about 19% last year, not all stocks were in negative territory. In fact, these two stocks -- both of them financial stocks -- not only beat the market, but blew it out of the water. Here's why these two under-the-radar stocks also have bright futures.
Blucora Inc. (NASDAQ: BCOR) saw its stock price surge higher this week, up 10.6% from last Friday's close through 11:15 a.m. EST on Friday, according to S&P Global Market Intelligence. The financial stock has been one of the best performers in the sector this year, up about 44% year-to-date (YTD), trading at around $25 per share. In an otherwise flat week, Blucora had a good week as the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up just 0.4%, but both the S&P 500 (-0.8%) and the Nasdaq Composite (- 2.6%) were down as of 11:15 a.m. EST Friday.
BCOR Price Returns