Bain Capital Specialty Finance, Inc. (BCSF): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BCSF POWR Grades
- BCSF scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 70.6% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BCSF is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 157 days.
- BCSF ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 8th percentile.
BCSF Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Bain Capital Specialty Finance Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.91% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Bain Capital Specialty Finance Inc is higher than it is for about 99.93% of US stocks.
- The volatility of Bain Capital Specialty Finance Inc's share price is greater than that of merely 0.56% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Bain Capital Specialty Finance Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be PFLT, ARCC, AGNC, ORCC, and FSK.
- BCSF's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Bain Capital Specialty Finance Inc's official web site, go to www.baincapital.com.
BCSF Valuation Summary
- BCSF's price/sales ratio is 5.1; this is 325% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 34 months, BCSF's price/earnings ratio has gone down 12.3.
- BCSF's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 9 over the prior 34 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BCSF.
BCSF's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BCSF has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 75.94% of graded US stocks.
- BCSF's asset turnover comes in at 0.077 -- ranking 268th of 444 Trading stocks.
- HASI, WETF, and SSSS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BCSF.
The table below shows BCSF's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BCSF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BCSF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$15.78||52-week high||$16.45|
|Prev. close||$15.75||52-week low||$12.40|
|Day high||$15.92||Avg. volume||132,109|
|50-day MA||$15.55||Dividend yield||8.63%|
|200-day MA||$15.47||Market Cap||1.02B|
Bain Capital Specialty Finance, Inc. (BCSF) Company Bio
Bain Capital Specialty Finance, Inc. operates as a business development company (BDC) specializing in direct loans to middle-market companies. The fund seeks to invest in senior investments with a first or second lien on collateral, senior first lien, stretch senior, senior second lien, unitranche, mezzanine debt, junior securities, other junior investments, and secondary purchases of assets or portfolios that primarily consist of middle-market corporate debt. It typically invests in companies with EBITDA between $10 million and $150 million.
Most Popular Stories View All
BCSF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BCSF Latest Social Stream
View Full BCSF Social Stream
Latest BCSF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Bain Capital Specialty Finance Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BCSF as an investment opportunity.
Goldman Sachs Group Inc. Takes $160,000 Position in Bain Capital Specialty Finance, Inc. (NYSE:BCSF)
Goldman Sachs Group Inc. bought a new stake in shares of Bain Capital Specialty Finance, Inc. (NYSE:BCSF) during the 2nd quarter, according to its most recent filing with the SEC. The fund bought 10,469 shares of the companys stock, valued at approximately $160,000. Several other institutional investors have also modified their holdings of the company. 
Zacks Investment Research upgraded shares of Bain Capital Specialty Finance (NYSE:BCSF) from a hold rating to a buy rating in a research report report published on Thursday morning, Zacks.com reports. Zacks Investment Research currently has $18.00 target price on the stock. According to Zacks, Bain Capital Specialty Finance Inc. is a business development company. It 
Kestra Advisory Services LLC Sells 46,740 Shares of Bain Capital Specialty Finance, Inc. (NYSE:BCSF)
Kestra Advisory Services LLC cut its position in Bain Capital Specialty Finance, Inc. (NYSE:BCSF) by 24.1% in the 3rd quarter, according to its most recent filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The firm owned 147,599 shares of the companys stock after selling 46,740 shares during the quarter. Kestra Advisory Services LLC owned about 
The company of close to 700 employees is set to see a massive increase in revenue this year, up from last year's $427 million, because of the hot commercial and residential construction industries.
Marshall Wace LLP bought a new stake in Bain Capital Specialty Finance, Inc. (NYSE:BCSF) in the second quarter, HoldingsChannel reports. The fund bought 17,513 shares of the companys stock, valued at approximately $268,000. A number of other institutional investors have also added to or reduced their stakes in BCSF. Royal Bank of Canada grew its 
BCSF Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching BCSFHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Bain Capital Specialty Finance Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Bain Capital Specialty Finance Inc (BCSF) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Bain Capital Specialty Finance Inc (BCSF) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Bain Capital Specialty Finance Inc (BCSF) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch