Bain Capital Specialty Finance, Inc. (BCSF): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BCSF POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where BCSF ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 77.62% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BCSF is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 51 weeks.
- BCSF's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 1.88% of US stocks).
BCSF Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Bain Capital Specialty Finance Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.86% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Bain Capital Specialty Finance Inc is higher than it is for about 99.98% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Bain Capital Specialty Finance Inc is reporting a growth rate of 599.19%; that's higher than 96.08% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to BCSF, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MRCC, ARCC, FSK, ORCC, and PFLT.
- Visit BCSF's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.baincapital.com.
BCSF Valuation Summary
- BCSF's price/sales ratio is 5.1; this is 325% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 34 months, BCSF's price/earnings ratio has gone down 12.3.
- BCSF's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 9 over the prior 34 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BCSF.
BCSF's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BCSF has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 73.64% of graded US stocks.
- BCSF's asset turnover comes in at 0.075 -- ranking 268th of 445 Trading stocks.
- TRTX, WETF, and HASI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BCSF.
The table below shows BCSF's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BCSF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BCSF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$14.92||52-week high||$16.45|
|Prev. close||$14.95||52-week low||$8.92|
|Day high||$15.08||Avg. volume||193,476|
|50-day MA||$15.09||Dividend yield||9.12%|
|200-day MA||$14.92||Market Cap||963.27M|
Bain Capital Specialty Finance, Inc. (BCSF) Company Bio
Bain Capital Specialty Finance, Inc. operates as a business development company (BDC) specializing in direct loans to middle-market companies. The fund seeks to invest in senior investments with a first or second lien on collateral, senior first lien, stretch senior, senior second lien, unitranche, mezzanine debt, junior securities, other junior investments, and secondary purchases of assets or portfolios that primarily consist of middle-market corporate debt. It typically invests in companies with EBITDA between $10 million and $150 million.
Most Popular Stories View All
BCSF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BCSF Latest Social Stream
View Full BCSF Social Stream
Latest BCSF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Bain Capital Specialty Finance Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BCSF as an investment opportunity.
Bain Capital Specialty Finance, Inc. Schedules Earnings Release for the Third Quarter Ended September 30, 2021
BOSTON, October 08, 2021--Bain Capital Specialty Finance, Inc. (NYSE: BCSF, the "Company") today announced it will report its financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2021 on Wednesday, November 3, 2021 after market close. Management will host a conference call on Thursday, November 4, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time to discuss the Company’s financial results.
Bain Capital Specialty Finance, Inc. Prices Public Offering of $300 Million 2.550% Unsecured Notes Due 2026
BOSTON, October 05, 2021--Bain Capital Specialty Finance, Inc. (NYSE: BCSF or the "Company") today announced that it has priced an offering of $300.0 million aggregate principal amount of 2.550% senior unsecured notes due 2026 (the "Notes"). The Notes will mature on October 13, 2026 and may be redeemed in whole or in part at the Company’s option at any time at par plus a "make-whole" premium, provided that the Notes may be redeemed at par one month prior to their maturity.
The latest 13F reporting period has come and gone, and Insider Monkey is again at the forefront when it comes to making use of this gold mine of data. We have processed the filings of the more than 873 world-class investment firms that we track and now have access to the collective wisdom contained in […]
Bain Capital Specialty Finance (BCSF) is the latest investor in Berlin Brands Group (BBG). The company was one of the investors that participated in a funding round that raised $700 million for the Berlin-based e-commerce company. Bain Capital is a business development company specializing in middle-market investments. Bain Capital replaces private investment house Ardian as a minority shareholder in Berlin Brands. The majority of shares are still held by the executive team and CEO Peter Chaljawski of BBG. (See Bain Capital stock charts on TipRanks) The funding round was part of Berlin Brands' capital-raising spree as it seeks to raise cash to acquire emerging e-commerce brands in the U.S.
Bain Capital Specialty (BCSF) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 0.00% and 1.04%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
BCSF Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching BCSFHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Bain Capital Specialty Finance Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Bain Capital Specialty Finance Inc (BCSF) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Bain Capital Specialty Finance Inc (BCSF) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Bain Capital Specialty Finance Inc (BCSF) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch