Biogen Inc. (BIIB): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BIIB POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where BIIB ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.75% of US stocks.
- BIIB's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 47 weeks.
- BIIB's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 9.67% of US stocks).
BIIB Stock Summary
- Biogen Inc's market capitalization of $44,663,832,533 is ahead of 93.77% of US-listed equities.
- Of note is the ratio of Biogen Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 17.16% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- As for revenue growth, note that BIIB's revenue has grown -19.25% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of merely 12.48% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to BIIB, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are NOK, ADI, ERIC, GRMN, and KLAC.
- BIIB's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Biogen Inc's official web site, go to www.biogen.com.
BIIB Valuation Summary
- BIIB's price/earnings ratio is 26.3; this is 27.95% lower than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- BIIB's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 38.1 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, BIIB's price/sales ratio has gone down 36.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BIIB.
BIIB Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 63.35%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 14.52%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -50.17%.
The table below shows BIIB's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BIIB's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BIIB has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 91.68% of graded US stocks.
- BIIB's asset turnover comes in at 0.478 -- ranking 93rd of 677 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- EVOK, TMBR, and ATRA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BIIB.
The table below shows BIIB's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BIIB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BIIB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$298.49||52-week high||$468.55|
|Prev. close||$300.19||52-week low||$223.25|
|Day high||$301.58||Avg. volume||1,454,312|
|50-day MA||$330.83||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$295.63||Market Cap||44.48B|
Biogen Inc. (BIIB) Company Bio
Biogen discovers, develops and delivers to patients worldwide innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, hematologic conditions and autoimmune disorders. The company was founded in 1985 and is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Most Popular Stories View All
BIIB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BIIB Latest Social Stream
View Full BIIB Social Stream
Latest BIIB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Biogen Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BIIB as an investment opportunity.
Biogen (BIIB) reports mixed data from the phase II study evaluating its non-opioid pain candidate vixotrigine for treating small fiber neuropathy.
CHMP Recommends VUMERITY® (diroximel fumarate) for Approval in the European Union as a Treatment for Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis
VUMERITY is a next-generation oral fumarate with a well-characterized efficacy and safety profileData from the Phase 3 EVOLVE-MS-2 study have demonstrated that treatment with VUMERITY results in low discontinuation rates due to its gastrointestinal (GI) tolerability profile Upon approval, VUMERITY will offer a new oral option for MS patients as they consider treatment initiation in the context of the COVID-19 environment CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Sept. 17, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Biogen Inc. (Nasdaq: B
Biogen Inc (NASDAQ: BIIB ) has announced topline results from its Phase 2 CONVEY study of vixotrigine (BIIB074) for small fiber neuropathy (SFN). SFN is a disorder in which only the small sensory cutaneous nerves are affected and is often characterized by severe pain that typically begins in the feet or hands. Vixotrigine is a non-opioid investigational oral pain drug. The CONVEY study 200 mg twice daily arm met its primary endpoint of change from baseline Full story available on Benzinga.com
Vixotrigine, a non-opioid investigational pain drug, has the potential to address significant unmet medical needs of individuals living with chronic painful neuropathy Vixotrigine, a non-opioid investigational pain drug, has the potential to address significant unmet medical needs of individuals living with chronic painful neuropathy
Biogen Inc.: Biogen Announces Positive Topline Results from Phase 2 CONVEY Study in Small Fiber Neuropathy
Vixotrigine, a non-opioid investigational pain drug, has the potential to address significant unmet medical needs of individuals living with chronic painful neuropathyCAMBRIDGE, Mass., Sept. 16, 20
BIIB Price Returns