Biogen Inc. (BIIB): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BIIB POWR Grades
- BIIB scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 96.52% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BIIB is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- BIIB ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 23rd percentile.
BIIB Stock Summary
- BIIB has a higher market value than 94.52% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $43,168,740,891.
- BIOGEN INC's stock had its IPO on September 17, 1991, making it an older stock than 84.73% of US equities in our set.
- Over the past twelve months, BIIB has reported earnings growth of 232.65%, putting it ahead of 92.68% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to BIOGEN INC are STM, KLAC, UMC, GRMN, and BGNE.
- BIIB's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit BIOGEN INC's official web site, go to www.biogen.com.
BIIB Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, BIIB's price/earnings ratio is 36.91% lower, now standing at 14.1.
- BIIB's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 24.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BIIB.
BIIB Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 58.77%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -32.49%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -68.93%.
The table below shows BIIB's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BIIB's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BIIB has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 87.69% of graded US stocks.
- BIIB's asset turnover comes in at 0.459 -- ranking 97th of 680 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- ZSAN, ARMP, and HGEN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BIIB.
The table below shows BIIB's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BIIB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BIIB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$305.15||52-week high||$307.53|
|Prev. close||$303.45||52-week low||$187.16|
|Day high||$307.53||Avg. volume||1,284,803|
|50-day MA||$266.30||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$222.28||Market Cap||43.94B|
Most Popular Stories View All
BIIB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BIIB Latest Social Stream
View Full BIIB Social Stream
Latest BIIB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BIOGEN INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BIIB as an investment opportunity.
BIIB vs. RGEN: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
Regeneron (REGN) gets EC's approval for the label expansion of PD-1 inhibitor Libtayo for the treatment of adult patients with recurrent or metastatic cervical cancer.
Here is how AMN Healthcare Services (AMN) and Biogen Inc. (BIIB) have performed compared to their sector so far this year.
Not All Offices Are Created Equal… You Can Profit From One Sector That’s Poised to See Demand Growth
Despite what we might see in the upcoming year with office real estate or specific companies within the life sciences industry, REITs with exposure to in-demand properties remain a great way to earn guaranteed income through it all.
Mizuho Securities analyst Salim Syed maintained a Buy rating on Biogen (BIIB - Research Report) today and set a price target of $325.00. The company's shares opened today at $304.20.Syed covers the Healthcare sector, focusing on stocks such as Cytokinetics, Biogen, and Coherus Biosciences. According to TipRanks, Syed has an average return of -17.3% and a 35.40% success rate on recommended stocks. Currently, the analyst consensus on Biogen is a Moderate Buy with an average price target of $308.83, a 1.52% upside from current levels. In a report released on November 15, Truist Financial also maintained a Buy rating on the stock with a $350.00 price target.
BIIB Price Returns