Blue Bird Corporation (BLBD): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BLBD POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where BLBD ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 74.96% of US stocks.
- BLBD's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- BLBD's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 25.82% of US stocks).
BLBD Stock Summary
- Blue Bird Corp's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than only 1.19% of US listed stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Blue Bird Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 96.99% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at -6.04 for Blue Bird Corp; that's greater than it is for just 2.45% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Blue Bird Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be STAF, TXMD, ASPS, UIS, and USWS.
- Visit BLBD's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.blue-bird.com.
BLBD Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BLBD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$25.60||52-week high||$28.90|
|Prev. close||$25.51||52-week low||$11.04|
|Day high||$26.08||Avg. volume||229,505|
|50-day MA||$26.34||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$19.70||Market Cap||695.14M|
Blue Bird Corporation (BLBD) Company Bio
Blue Bird Corporation designs, engineers, manufactures, and sells school buses and aftermarket parts in the United States and internationally. The company was founded in 2013 and is based in Fort Valley, Georgia.
BLBD Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Blue Bird Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Blue Bird Corp ranked in the 30th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for BLBD, they are:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 80% of its capital from equity, and 20% of its capital from debt. Notably, its equity weight is greater than 61.92% of US equities in the Consumer Cyclical sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- BLBD's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 7%; for context, that number is higher than 48.92% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
BLBD Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BLBD Latest Social Stream
View Full BLBD Social Stream
Latest BLBD News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Blue Bird Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BLBD as an investment opportunity.
If you've ever ridden a school bus in America, the chances are good that it was built by Blue Bird (NASDAQ: BLBD), which is one of the biggest bus manufacturers in the U.S. and the world. In the future, the chances that your kids will ride an electric Blue Bird bus are only going to increase. This morning, Blue Bird announced that it has just received its 500th order for an electric-powered school bus.
During an annual dealer meeting in late May, school bus manufacturer Blue Bird Corporation announced the milestone of 500 electric-powered school buses delivered or on order. As the only school bus manufacturer that produces and sells all three school-bus body configurations in EV, Blue Bird expects its electric bus sales to accelerate through the rest of 2021.
The following slide deck was published by Blue Bird Corporation in conjunction with their 2021 Q2 earnings call....
Blue Bird Corporation (BLBD) Q2 2021 Earnings Conference Call May 12, 2021 4:30 P.M. ET Company Participants Mark Benfield - Head of Profitability and Investor Relations Phil Horlock - President and Chief Executive Officer Jeff Taylor - Chief Financial Officer Conference Call Participants Eric Stein - Craig-Hallum Craig Irwin -...
Blue Bird Reports Fiscal 2021 Second Quarter Results; Focused on Margin Expansion, EV Growth and Industry Recovery; Fiscal 2021 Guidance Reaffirmed
Blue Bird Corporation ("Blue Bird") (Nasdaq: BLBD), the leading independent designer and manufacturer of school buses, announced today its fiscal 2021 second quarter results. GAAP net loss for the quarter of $0.6 million was equal to the comparable FY2020 fiscal period. Adjusted EBITDA for the quarter was $7.5 million, $4.7 million below last year, reflecting 1,105 lower unit sales resulting from the pandemic impact on schools.
BLBD Price Returns